Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

UGV - Unmanned Ground Vehicles - SWORD, Adunok-M, MRK-27-BT

UGV - Unmanned Ground Vehicles - SWORD, Adunok-M, MRK-27-BT

Version : 2.0

Release Date: 5/19/2015

DOWNLOAD pook_UGV_2.0.rar HERE:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211979

==============

CHANGELOG:

==============

v2.0: 5/19/2015

NEW: Autonomous models! These require no remote controller, and the vehicles can spawn in a MP setting.

NEW: Crew uses "invisible man" 3D model; no more "phantom crew" appears.

FIX: Destruct type only smokes now, no more secondary explosions.

FIX: Vehicles locked by default.

v1.1: 2/15/2013

NEW: Adunok-M DSHK version

NEW: Vehicle ammunition boxes for UGV magazines and terminals (found under Empty > Ammo)

NEW: Updated Stringtables

IMPROVED: Configuration changed so ACE doesn't generate errors - credit to Stiltman for discovering the fix!!!

======================

DESCRIPTION :

======================

Remote controlled Unmanned Ground Vehicles for West, East, Independent. Woodland and Desert Camo.

- SWORD UGV (for West, Indepenedet) in 4 different versions: M240, M249, M249+M203, AA-12.

- Adunok-M UGV (for East, Independent) in PKM and AGS models.

- MRK-27-BT UGV (for East, Independent) armed with PKM, 2x RPG-18, and 2x RPO-A FAE

All UGV's found under new vehicle classes: UGV - Woodland (Unmanned Ground Vehicles) / UGV - Desert (Unmanned Ground Vehicles)

Remote contorl scripts are based on JSF 82nd Reaper's UGV remote control scripts:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134255-Remote-Control-Script&p=2154372&viewfull=1#post2154372

UAVshowcase1.jpg

MRK-27 on the left and Adunok-M on the right:

rus_ugv1.jpg

==============================

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. MRK-27 creates RPT error "structure of turrets in config does not match the skeleton"... this appears to be a non-issue is being researched.

2. NOT YET MULTIPLAYER TESTED! MP testing is hopefully coming soon...

3. The Arma engine doesn't do well with very small vehicles in rough terrain. Some terrain issues (easy flipping etc) may occur. Try to find a clear path.

4. Using the mouse to turn such small vehicles can lead to flipping and loss of control. Recommend using keyboard to steer! If the UGV goes into a "steering loop" try switching from the driver view to get the AI to regain control of the vehicle. This sometimes works... also, don't try to drive over large rocks! :)

5. The SWORD and MRK-27 models are Armor class vehicles, and therefore they knock over trees, walls, etc. They also cause the "ground shake" whenever they are nearby. The UGV's tend to go very slowly uphill.

6. The "Get Out" and "Eject" commands are scripted so the crew re-enters the vehicle. You *must* switch to "Main Camera" view to disconnect the remote control.

7. Stringtable isn't yet complete... scripts are in English.

CONTENT/FEATURES:

UGV's for all sides. Independent benefits by having access to all UGV's! UGV's are found under new classes:

- Opfor/Russia/UGV (Woodland) / Opfor/Russia/UGV (Desert)

- Independent/Guerilla/UGV (Woodland) / Independent/Guerilla/UGV (Desert)

- West/USMC/UGV (Woodland) / West/USMC/UGV (Desert)

You *must* be in the UGV's Commander seat to disconnect the remote control. Commander seat = "Main Camera" in SWORD and MRK, "Gun Camera" in Adunok.

Remote control is established via the action menu. You must:

1. Equip your player with the correct control terminal or enter the appropriate static RC terminal.

2. Select "Remote Control UGV" from the action menu. This displays a list of available UGV's in range, along with their map coordinates.

3. Select the desired UGV from the list. You will now move to the UGV camera view.

4. Move to the Commander (Main Camera) view to gracefully disconnect the remote control.

The Remote Control Terminal occupies a binocular/NVG slot. Any terminal can be carried and used, regardless of faction. Consider looting an enemy's RC Terminal to take control of their UGV!

The Static remote control terminals have a camo net for cover and can be disassembled into backpacks for portable field use. They also have a separate spotting scope.

The scripted function of the static terminal requires you to exit the terminal to select the UGV. Don't worry - your player will automatically re-enter the shelter when the remote control is established.

If you are in a group, you will leave that group while controlling the UGV, then rejoin the group when remote control is terminated.

Remote control range is 1000m for SWORD, Adunok, and 500m for MRK-27. Remote control signal will become unreliable at range limits. If remote control signal is lost, move closer to the UGV to re-establish connection.

UGV attributes

----------------

The SWORD UGV versions are the smallest of the group and have several armament configurations.

Adunok UGV is wheeled and therefore is faster and more maneuverable. It trades speed for armor - it is the least armored of the UGV's in this group.

MRK-27 UGV is formidable. It is equipped with a kevlar skirt over the body of the vehicle which makes it more armored than some vehicles. The RPO-A is a fuel-air explosive (FAE) that is best used against infantry and light vehicles. The MRK also benefits from its anti-tank weaponry and smoke grenades. The weapon rack can be raised up over the height of many obstacles and walls. The main camera can be independently raised higher for "over-the-wall" reconnaissance.

SWORD and Adunok UGV's also equipped with laser designators.

Your player (and group!) will assume the crouch position while remote control is active. Consider hiding behind cover before starting the remote control.

======================

Textures :

======================

SWORD UGV's use default BIS Hummer and Kamaz textures.

Adunok, MRK-27 UGV's use default Woodland Kuz texture and modified Desert texture:

"\ca\wheeled2\kamaz\data\kamaz_kuz_co.paa"

"\pook_UGV\data\rus_des_camo.paa"

Texture set uses hidden selection - texture # 0. To change, add this to the unit's INIT line and point it to a new texture:

this setObjectTexture [0, "\pook_UGV\data\rus_des_camo.paa"];

Your texture will proabably reside elsewhere: "\YourModFolder\YourTexture.paa" ... etc.

Static Terminal Camo Net Textures // Default faction usage:

Woodland:

SWORD:

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\dpm_woodland.paa // West - Woodland

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\camonet_east_co.paa // Independent - Woodland

Adunok:

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\spec_woodland.paa // East - Woodland

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\lingor.paa // Independent - Woodland

MRK-27

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\rus_forest.paa // East - Woodland

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\woodland.paa // Independent - Woodland

Desert:

SWORD:

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\dpm_des.paa // West - Desert

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\camonet_east_dmc_co.paa // Independent - Desert

Adunok:

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\browncamo.paa // East - Desert

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\rus_desert.paa // Independent - Desert

MRK-27:

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\camonet_east_dmc_co.paa // East - Desert

pook_UGV_terminal\data\camonet\duala.paa // Independent - Desert

======================

INSTALLATION :

======================

Requires CO/OA 1.56 or better! Tested with CO/ACR 1.62

Dependencies: None... this is a standalone mod.

Contents:

\@POOK\pook_UGV_readme.txt

\@POOK\POOK.bikey

\@POOK\Addons\pook_UGV.pbo

\@POOK\Addons\pook_ugv.pbo.pook_v2.bisign

\@POOK\Addons\pook_Adunok.pbo

\@POOK\Addons\pook_adunok.pbo.pook_v2.bisign

\@POOK\Addons\pook_MRK27.pbo

\@POOK\Addons\pook_mrk27.pbo.pook_v2.bisign

\@POOK\Addons\pook_ugv_terminal.pbo

\@POOK\Addons\pook_ugv_terminal.pbo.pook_v2.bisign

Installation: Extract the @POOK folder into your Arma2 folder. The PBO and Sign files are in the archive. Edit your startup shortcut to include:

"-mod=@POOK;"

You may also select "POOK" in the in-game addons list.

For more information about addon folders please check BIS Wiki here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Addons#ArmA_2

======================

CLASSNAMES :

======================

////////////////////////////////////////

// Vehicle Crates (magazines + terminals)

pook_Adunok_Vehiclebox

pook_MRK_Vehiclebox

pook_UGV_Vehiclebox

// Remote Control Terminals and Crates

pook_SWORD_Terminal

pook_adunok_Terminal

POOK_MRK_Terminal

pook_SWORD_Terminal_ammobox

pook_adunok_Terminal_ammobox

POOK_MRK_Terminal_ammobox

//////////////////////////////

// SWORD M240

pook_UGV_SWORD_M240 // Woodland - West

pook_UGV_SWORD_M240_GUE // Woodland - Independent

pook_UGV_SWORD_M240_DES // Woodland - West

pook_UGV_SWORD_M240_DES_GUE // Woodland - Independent

// SWORD M249

pook_UGV_SWORD_M249 // Woodland - West

pook_UGV_SWORD_M249_GUE // Woodland - Independent

pook_UGV_SWORD_M249_DES // Woodland - West

pook_UGV_SWORD_M249_DES_GUE // Woodland - Independent

// SWORD M249 + M203 GL

pook_UGV_SWORD_M249GL // Woodland - West

pook_UGV_SWORD_M249GL_GUE // Woodland - Independent

pook_UGV_SWORD_M249GL_DES // Woodland - West

pook_UGV_SWORD_M249GL_DES_GUE // Woodland - Independent

// SWORD AA-12

pook_UGV_SWORD_AA12 // Woodland - West

pook_UGV_SWORD_AA12_GUE // Woodland - Independent

pook_UGV_SWORD_AA12_DES // Woodland - West

pook_UGV_SWORD_AA12_DES_GUE // Woodland - Independent

// Adunok-M Wheeled UGV - PKM

pook_UGV_Adunok // Woodland - East

pook_UGV_Adunok_GUE:

pook_UGV_Adunok_DES:

pook_UGV_Adunok_DES_GUE:

// Adunok-M Wheeled UGV - AGS

pook_UGV_AdunokM_GL // Woodland - East

pook_UGV_AdunokM_GL_GUE // Woodland - Independent

pook_UGV_AdunokM_GL_DES // Desert - East

pook_UGV_AdunokM_GL_DES_GUE // Desert - Independent

// MRK-27-BT UGV

pook_UGV_MRK27BT // Woodland - East

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_GUE // Woodland - Independent

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_DES // Desert - East

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_DES_GUE // Desert - Independent

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// UGV Static Control Terminals (disassemlbes into backpacks)

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_static_USMC // West - Woodland (USMC)

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_static_US // West - Desert (US)

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_static_GUE // Independent - Woodland (GUE)

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_static_GUE_DES // Independent - Desert (GUE)

pook_UGV_Adunok_terminal_static_RU // East - Woodland (RU)

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_static_TAK // East - Desert (TAK)

pook_UGV_Adunok_terminal_static_GUE // Independent - Woodland (GUE)

pook_UGV_Adunok_terminal_static_GUE_DES // Independent - Desert (GUE)

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_terminal_static_RU // East - Woodland (RU)

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_terminal_static_TAK // East - Desert (TAK)

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_terminal_static_GUE // Independent - Woodland (GUE)

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_terminal_static_GUE_DES // Independent - Desert (GUE)

// UGV Control Terminal Backpacks (assembles into UGV static terminals

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_bag_USMC // West - Woodland (USMC)

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_bag_US // West - Desert (US)

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_bag_GUE // Independent - Woodland (GUE)

pook_UGV_Sword_terminal_bag_GUE_DES // Independent - Desert (GUE)

pook_UGV_Adunok_terminal_bag_RU // East - Woodland (RU)

pook_UGV_Adunok_terminal_bag_TAK // East - Desert (TAK)

pook_UGV_Adunok_terminal_bag_GUE // Independent - Woodland (GUE)

pook_UGV_Adunok_terminal_bag_GUE_DES // Independent - Desert (GUE)

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_terminal_bag_RU // East - Woodland (RU)

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_terminal_bag_TAK // East - Desert (TAK)

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_terminal_bag_GUE // Independent - Woodland (GUE)

pook_UGV_MRK27BT_terminal_bag_GUE_DES // Independent - Desert (GUE)

======================

CREDITS AND THANKS :

======================

Thanks to BIS for the Armaverse!

JSF 82nd Reaper's UGV remote control scripts:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134255-Remote-Control-Script&p=2154372&viewfull=1#post2154372

Stiltman for the ACE configuration fix

Mod by hcpookie - e-mail: hcpookie@hotmail.com

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

Models based on Arma1 sample models. This mod is ONLY for use with BIS games! You are free to do anything you wish with it so long as it is for a BIS game and

in accordance with the BIS EULA!

Edited by hcpookie
v2.0 update

Hey, is the static terminal supposed to automatically reset the UGV controller once you've booted it up? Because it keeps doing that for me. And, when I happen to switch to the UGV before this happens (via the action menu), my view switches to the UGV but I can't move. That, and whenever I just go up to the UGV and enter, I can't get out, even when going to the main camera. Whenever Feint is back on, ask him how he did his remote viewing of his Raven. Maybe you should have a control station like he has in his mod.

Superb work ! Well done mate. Trying these beauties now!

I agree that control station like Feints would be AWESOME!

Finally it is out really thank you for this nice baby's !!!

Iam testing right now but iam stuck:

Remote control is established via the action menu. You must:

1. Equip your player with the correct control terminal or enter the appropriate static RC terminal.

2. Select "Remote Control UGV" from the action menu. This displays a list of available UGV's in range, along with their map coordinates.

3. Select the desired UGV from the list. You will now move to the UGV camera view.

Iam Stuck here, i get the cam view behind the ugv but i can do nothing!? I can not move and i dont have an action menu!? What is my fault?

I placed the west ugv, the command station from west and a west soldier, thanks for help!

4. Move to the Commander (Main Camera) view to gracefully disconnect the remote control.

Looks awesome but doesnt work for me :(

I tried both static and portable terminal but none of these did work. I always booted and then chose one of the ugvs around me. On a static terminal booting kicks me out of the station for a short time. But no matter which drone I choose the camera switches to a static position about 5m behind me and I cant cancel that. I dont enter a drone, cant do any action but walking around or lying stuck in the static terminal. Vid tutorial pls.

Alright fellas... you guys need to check your Action menu! :) I guess I need to explain in more detail. This uses the same remote control framework as the Mule UGV from JSF.

Here's the deal -

This means either get that "binocular" weapon or get inside a static ground terminal. If using the weapon, equip it as you do your binoculars. If using the static terminal, select "Boot UGV Controller".

2. Select "Remote Control UGV" from the action menu.

2a. The script will display a list of available UGV's in range, along with their map coordinates IN RED! You have 10 seconds to select the UGV from the action menu. After 10 seconds, the script will finish with "Resetting UGV Controller".

Why 10 seconds? Because in the game 10 seconds is a L-O-N-G time! I am open to the idea of making that time longer, but you are stuck in a script during this timeout period. Being stuck 10 seconds is better than being stuck 30 seconds...

If you can't decide which UGV to control after the timer expires, the script cleans up (deletes) the RED LIST of UGV's it found. You must then re-run the script by once again selecting "Remote Control UGV". If in the static terminal you need to first "Reset UGV Controller". This was done to prevent duplicate script actions which is very messy.

Wash-rinse-repeat.

You can repeat that cycle forever without actually going into a UGV. Until you select one of the UGV's in the RED LIST, you are simply "searching" for UGV's that meet the criteria.

ASSUMPTION: The UGV's should not be in your own group in the editor! If they are then they will probably try to behave like a typical vehicle in a group. I apologize if that wasn't clear as I've been beating on this every evening for a few weeks solid...

Edited by hcpookie

Alright, now the entering part works and it automatically puts me in the commander position. Unfortunatly the rest of the "crew" now doesnt react on my commands, just like "fire" or "move forward", "reverse" etc. Furthermore I can only switch to the gunner position but not to the driver. And is it normal that the gunners view is totally useless? The commander has got a crosshair but the gun cam is just a "window" without crosshairs etc. And "fire control" with the commander doesnt rotate the gun.

Glad to hear that. Remember - This isn't a remote controlled TANK! You have to remember this is simulating a "dumb" remote controlled UGV. The "crew" is there only because the Arma engine needs a "brain" in every crew position to make things work. Sucks I know... I wish there was a way to silence the commands while in "bot" mode. You need to think of a UGV as an "empty" vehicle and things will start to make sense :)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/remoteControl

So you want to drive then shoot? You must switch to driver camera, move the UGV, switch to gunner camera, traverse and shoot the gun, then move back to driver camera to drive to the next waypoint. Just like a remote controlled vehicle would do in Real Life.

When you say "Gunners view is totally useless" what exactly are you trying to do and in which UGV? You should enter the gunner position, and whatever weapon you select fires like normal...

Edited by hcpookie

ah nice now it work, but how can i switch to driver mode? I dont have the action menu entry?

I just can switch to commander and gun cam Oo

ah nice now it work, but how can i switch to driver mode? I dont have the action menu entry?

I just can switch to commander and gun cam Oo

Which UGV specifically? Should be: Action Menu: Driver Camera for all of them...

I'm having the same problem. I can get into the UGV but cannot drive it around or get any of the "crew" to respond to movement commands. On the plus side, the gun does work! :-)

Is the problem perhaps related to ACE in some way?

On another point, is there any way that a UGV can be "packed up" as it were and transported in another vehicle? I'm only asking because I think the SWORD would make a really good bomb disposal robot type scenario.

Same here... I can now get the UGV to work once I put it in as a manned unit instead of an empty vehicle... as an empty vehicle, I can get in to the UGV and select driver and stuff so moving is done but cannot get out. So going back to the manned vehicle, there are options to move to gunner or camera views but no driver... this is using either woodland or desert versions of any of USMC variants. Will try the other factions out and report if same or not.

-Raptor

Don't know about ACE... don't use it myself. Try it w/o any other mods and it should work fine. I can use all of them no problem with @mod=ACR;@POOK

These aren't backpack-portable UGV's. The SWORD weighs 200-300 lbs in real life and you aren't going to carry that around on your back!

Once again, you need the AI "brain" for the UGV's to work correctly meaning implicitly that the "empty" vehicle won't work. However I don't know how to hide empty vehicles in the editor. And no you cannot get out - read the readme once again to know why! ;)

I think the driver thing is ACE related. The mod trys to add reality for tanks for example by removing the possibilty to crawl from gunners to drivers seat, as this wouldnt be possible in real life I guess. Maybe you should find a way to fix this. Because making the decision of playing with ACE or using the ugvs where you cant have both - this decision is a rather simple one for most players I'd say.

I think the driver thing is ACE related. The mod trys to add reality for tanks for example by removing the possibilty to crawl from gunners to drivers seat, as this wouldnt be possible in real life I guess. Maybe you should find a way to fix this. Because making the decision of playing with ACE or using the ugvs where you cant have both - this decision is a rather simple one for most players I'd say.

WOW WHERE TO START...

"Maybe not"... because technically speaking ACE is breaking my mod.... my mods properly adhere to the inheritance tree and inherit from root objects. As the BIKI specifies you're supposed to. With respect to the ACE modders, I'm not going to try to make my things work with another mod that apparently affect the deep root objects in the config tree. In so doing that would exclude "the other people" that don't even use ACE. What a quandry! Take a look around to see how many other things are affected by ACE "root inheritance" issues and you'll see what I mean. There are dozens if not hundreds of other mods that work fine with my mods.

You do know there are other mods right? :D

Edited by hcpookie

ok, it's working now. Thanks for the clarification. One small bug (not sure if it's on my side, i.e. addon conflict, or what): I can't see how much ammo I'm using or when I'm out of ammo. I'm not sure if you've planned it this way or if it's some error on my end.

ok, it's working now. Thanks for the clarification. One small bug (not sure if it's on my side, i.e. addon conflict, or what): I can't see how much ammo I'm using or when I'm out of ammo. I'm not sure if you've planned it this way or if it's some error on my end.

HRM. Which UGV? Ammo count in the upper right corner? Does the lettering turn red when you empty the rounds? I just verified ammo is displayed in the normal spot. It uses the OA zero setting too, so you should be able to see the yardage (100,300,400) etc. right by the ammo quantity.

Well damn indeed the decision is "rather simple" in my case.I've seen a couple of these posts from different users in the past and I'm not sure how you guys got the idea that everyone and their dog is playing with ACE."Most players"?Did you made a research study and interviewed the whole A2 playerbase?

Now regarding the UGV's,nice job on these hkpookie,now we have the ground covered as well and should come along nicely with the big bros in the sky.