Sign in to follow this  
davids

British CVR(T) Family

[*]Added ACE FCS functionality

Scimitar doesn't have a 'proper' FCS like the ACE system tries to simulate for Abrams etc. - the RARDEN isn't stabilised and elevation and traverse are still manually operated, so the turret cannot auto-lay a firing solution like the ACE FCS does for MBTs.

The Armoured Recce Scimitars with BGTI have a FCS system that assists the gunner in obtaining the correct lay for the gun (particularly at longer ranges) but it's done by providing visual aids and positional information to the gunner's display rather than laying the gun for them.

I'm not as clear on what the current FCS situation is like on Formation Recce Scimitars using E-SPIRE, but I know they still don't have any provision for stabilising or auto-laying the gun, even on the Mk.2 vehicles.

Very nice, can't wait for release!

And what about FV103 Spartan?

The Spartan will be done last, this is mainly due to two reasons, it requires a custom 'turret' and an interior. This isn't a big deal however, it will hinder the initial release of the Scimitar, and Mk2 variants! It is on the to do list however.

Information

Thanks for the information! I'll remove that feature then :p

Edited by Davids

The Spartan will be done last, this is mainly due to two reasons, it requires a custom 'turret' and an interior. This isn't a big deal however, it will hinder the initial release of the Scimitar, and Mk2 variants! It is on the to do list however.

Thanks for the information! I'll remove that feature then :p

Will the Spartan come with Fusiliers? If so how many points will they cost?

Will the Spartan come with Fusiliers? If so how many points will they cost?

The vehicle on it's own will cost 5 points, and the vehicle with 10 Fusiliers inside will cost 25 points, I will set a limit of 24 with infantry in it though!

Another progress report!

Ali has made up some new fancy looking scopes for the turret, so once those are textured and put on to the vehicle, and I fix the shadows I shall look into getting a beta release of the Scimitars out! That might be as soon as Friday, so who knows.. Stay tuned!

Scimitar Alpha

Included in this pbo;

• Temperate
    • Basic Scimitar
    • Scimitar with slat armour
    • Scimitar with slat armour and camo nets

[*]Desert

• Basic Scimitar
    • Scimitar with slat armour
    • Scimitar with slat armour and camo nets

Media

Download Link

Scimitar Alpha

Mirrors welcomed!

Please bare in mind, this alpha is an alpha! Some thing on it are not complete, if you find any bugs with it at all, please let me know here!

Thanks

Thx got it and will test it ASAP,had some trouble getting it(had to find my account back),gone get back to you when I played bit with these beauty's :bounce3:

-

Edit:

After some fun and testing I only got couple things to report;

-getting a notice "cant load texture - none" cant tell you what part it is,texture looks fine, mayby typo in the config dunno.(its in both the versions)

-you prob know that the icon is a bit old,(sahrani m113Vulcan)buth works fine,not big issue.

-crossing water was the biggest surprise because it floats but only 2m below the surface,not on it. could even turn out and look around while driving underwater(tried first with a river,then took here for a swim in the ocean around utes)

Didn found anything else,only tested it for 5min, the weapons systems work fine(mayby need to add a smokelauncher),speed looks to be fine, damage models seems fine,bits all around and she go's up with a big bang.

Looking very good and with some other models and update it will be a very nice addition to the game!

keep it up,I will post any other bugs I come across.

Edited by Sgt.Spoetnik
Intel

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config\sdr\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config\sdr\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/
Updating base class ->BulletCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/
Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/VehicleMagazine/
Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/
Updating base class ->MGun, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BAF_L94A1/
Updating base class ->BulletBase, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_40_HE/
Updating base class ->Sh_40_HE, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_40_SABOT/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_base_EP1, by ca\characters_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_crewman_MTP/
Cannot load surface info armour.bisurf
Strange convex component07 in 4d_cvrt\4d_cvrt_scim_w.p3d:geometryFire
Strange convex component08 in 4d_cvrt\4d_cvrt_scim_w.p3d:geometryFire

A lot of what is here is made up of config inheritance errors. You need to bear in mind that the game uses a tree structure for inheritance, and you need to follow that tree when writing a config. The most useful resource for finding out the structure is this http://browser.six-projects.net.

I think this will be a very welcome asset for mission makers looking for the right balance. Often a big tank is too much, but a small car doesn't do the job. This lightly armed and small (!) vehicle fits well somewhere between a BMP and a BRDM, just on the west side, where nothing similar is available: The LAV-25 is too high and too long, the Warrior is way too fat, any Humvee is too weak, and the slow AAV is just a joke. Vilas' LAV-150 Commando and this Scimitar will fill a rather wide gap.

Lovely model and addition to the Arma vehicle pool!

Only one little thing to report on whats allready been said;

- When turned out as the Commander you can't look around.

Otherwise I haven't found anything else of note to bring up and thanks again for making such a nice CVR(T) module!

A couple of things a buddy and I noticed during testing (some of these maybe intentional, so you'll have to forgive me if so)

1. Commander's sights turns with turret movement (may be intentional?)

2. AI won't engage with 50.Cals/GMGs/small arms of any kind other than RPGS/AT. BDRMs and BTRs don't engage either, even though they can clearly damage the vehicle.

3. when firing the main cannon, both ammo pools (AP/HE) would deplete no matter the shell type selected.

4. "cant load texture - none" error that is mentioned above.

5. crawl speed on flat ground is quite fast

didn't pick up anything else, we highly enjoyed bombing it around the Chernarus countryside in it during testing (he's already looking at missions to drop it into). Damage it can dish out and take also seems to be be fair.

Model itself looks good, and I'm looking forward to the to seeing your continued work on both it and the rest of the family.

Cheers

-getting a notice "cant load texture - none" cant tell you what part it is,texture looks fine, mayby typo in the config dunno.(its in both the versions)

-you prob know that the icon is a bit old,(sahrani m113Vulcan)buth works fine,not big issue.

-crossing water was the biggest surprise because it floats but only 2m below the surface,not on it. could even turn out and look around while driving underwater(tried first with a river,then took here for a swim in the ocean around utes)

- I think I may know the reason behind that, so that will be fix for next release.

- The icon I will have changed for the next release also

- I know about this, it shall also be fixed!

Thanks for the feedback!

A lot of what is here is made up of config inheritance errors. You need to bear in mind that the game uses a tree structure for inheritance, and you need to follow that tree when writing a config.

Thanks for that, I'll look into getting that fixed!

- When turned out as the Commander you can't look around.

When turned out as the commander, you can still go into 'optics mode' by pressing 0 on numpad, I think that is a bug with all vehicles in ArmA? It may be that you turned out in that mode, and if that is the case, simply press Enter would fix it.

1. Commander's sights turns with turret movement (may be intentional?)

2. AI won't engage with 50.Cals/GMGs/small arms of any kind other than RPGS/AT. BDRMs and BTRs don't engage either, even though they can clearly damage the vehicle.

3. when firing the main cannon, both ammo pools (AP/HE) would deplete no matter the shell type selected.

4. "cant load texture - none" error that is mentioned above.

5. crawl speed on flat ground is quite fast

1. I am unsure yet as to whether the vehicle has a commander scope that rotates independently from the turret, as soon as I find that out I shall correct the issue, if it is an issue.

2. I did not know about that, I'll look into getting them to see it as a viable target.

3. While on the main gun, the magazine count on the right is the total for both magazines.

4. Answered previously

5. The speed was to compensate for the slow uphill speeds I was getting, I have still to test and tweak various aspects of the cfg.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback! Stand by for future updates.

The gun can be fired and the turret rotated by the gunner from the turned out position. This is a nice feature, but do you know whether it is realistic?

Edit: There is a winter camo version with a snowplough, in case you wanted to make the plough and hope for someone to make snow textures. :)

Edited by SCAJolly

The gun can be fired and the turret rotated by the gunner from the turned out position. This is a nice feature, but do you know whether it is realistic?

Yes it is :)

One of my mates used to drive these as a Recce Soldier and he really likes them, so very good work!

I double checked what you said about the commander position and it I am still prevented from when turned out from looking about.

Davids is at Basic at Pirbright.

He is passing out in a few weeks and will be home for Christmas.

Don't think hes gonner have much time for addons anymore though.

well good luck to the man.

good mod here.

if you pick it up again david, i've just made a uk tank weapons pack which includes a proper rarden cannon with 3-6 round feeds, as well as a full rack of 76mm shell types for the scorp.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176579-EB_Armour-integrated-real-armour-weapons-and-ammo

i put the rarden back on the warrior as it doesn't have the CT40 widely yet as far as i have heard - it's a lovely gun really.

i can also fix the turret issues if you need help with it. its usually just adding some values to the viewoptics that does it.