Sign in to follow this  
Steevee

Game doesn´t launch with update 1.6

Hi folks,

after installing the latest update (1.6) I cannot launch the game anymore. First I get an error-message 'No entry 'config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

I can continue with the launching process, but finally I get a second error-message 'Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecular Alpha:0' And the game aborts to desktop.

What can I do? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

yes I've read this thread. It appears to me that it doesn´t seem to apply to my problem, though, due to the fact that I don´t run the game on STEAM. I have installed STEAM on my system for various other games, but it doesn´t recognize my registration-code for this Sim. I have also installed ARMA II but not as a STEÀM Version either.

After reinstalling the 1.05 version I can play the game again now. Maybe I just have to skip this update.

Thanks anyhow.

Hello folks,

I have the same problem Steevee, I downloaded and installed the patch 1.06 Rearmed to take advantage of the automatic connection maps with ARMA II and ARMA II Operation Arrowhead I has also.

It is after installing the patch 1.06, I have two error messages that are displayed :

1) No entry 'config.bin/CfgInGamesUI/MPTable.shadow'

Then a second :

2) Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

and the game Take On Helicopter firm systematically impossible to start the game

I tried to contact "Bohemia Interactive" at the following address:

support@bistudio.com

But apparently this mail is not active because I received it after several trial and the same message:

"This is an Automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Following delivery to the recipients failed.

support@bistudio.com "

Thank you for your help, Alpha36.

Edit Post Reply With Quote

Edited by Alpha36

I had the same errors you had, initially it moaned about a missing key and then those errors. I am on steam and running steam as an admin fixed it. Maybe running the TakeOnH.exe as an admin will do the same for you?

Hello Avigrace,

I thank you for your answer, it does not come with a registration key, because the recording online game is fine and works properly without the patch 1.6.

I also tried running the game in administrator mode, this is also what I usually do when I have a problem with a software

But this time, nothing is impossible to launch Take on helicopter.

More I can not contact the technical team of "Bohemia Interactive" at the following address:

"support@bistudio.com"

Could there be another solution to contact the after-sales service "Bohemia Interactive" please?

Thank you for your help, Alpha36.

I've just downloaded all patches from 1.3 to 1.6 hotfix and installed them in the right order. Now when starting the game I also get this error of failed to compile pixelshader alpha something.

It doesn't matter wether I start the game as admin or not. I have not bought the game via Steam either. It did work perfectly as version 1.2

So is there no one out there (BI staff) who knows how to fix this?

I'm not saying thanks in advance since I'm the 3rd person to ask this question and nothing seems to have happend to solve this so far.

I will say thanks once somebody has actually helped us.

Later,

Icarus1976

EDIT: After uninstalling the rearmed addon(?) it now works again. The version 1.06.97xxx is still active it seems.

Edited by Icarus1976