Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 101747 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

[101333] A new mission.sqm unit value forceHeadlessClient used to mark a role reserved for a HC (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67648)

+ hotfixed crash from 101141 changes

[101141] Fixed: Scripting functions aimPos, eyePos, eyeDirection fixed for a crew (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38606#change-152548)

[101032] New: Scripting function hasInterface to allow detecting a headless client or a dedicated server.

[100540] Fixed: Users connecting with blocked CD keys were sometimes shown "You are banned" message instead of "Bad CD Key".

+ SSL fix http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143091-Secure-ID-progress&p=2273013&viewfull=1#post2273013

+ multiple crash cases resolved (thanks to all who reported)

[100296] Fixed: MP: Player head movement using numpad keys was not visible to other players.

[100257] Fixed: ballisticsComputer uses wrong velocity (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/6823)

+ some beta regressions fixed, shall hotfix some of the often crashes of client/server seen in past weeks

+ possible slight performance increase when using BE filters

the build contain quite some of crash fixes I mentioned last two weeks

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my BIForum nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: also deployed on STEAM! (inside "test" branch, default beta is 100296)

+++

Data fixes and improvements by the Community Config Project (CCP)

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141732-ARMA-2-Community-Configuration-Project-(A2CCP)

+++

Data fixes and improvements by the Community Config Project (CCP)

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391

Does the above URL contain ALL A2CCP changes contained in this beta? Will included A2CCP changes ever be listed in the changelog?

Great, thanks, kju! :)

I still am having trouble finding a list of ALL A2CCP changes included in the beta. The fixes listed under "Next beta patch" seem very incomplete. :confused: I assume that all the fixes under "Next Full Patch" are not included. Probably not looking in the right place. Guess I have to wait for the completed changelog for 1.63.

Refleks/Arkan/Metis now guidable with auto-guide AT off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm lovin' it! :yay:

Also love toggleable Metis thermal view!

The T-90 (especially with new thermal optics for gunner and commander) and BMP-3 are absolutely lethal now. Kick ass. MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT! I suggest replaying Bear Rising!

I'm still trying to get a handle on all the A2CCP changes, but the ones I can see so far appear to greatly improve the game IMO. On Expert with auto-guide AT disabled (no longer the default), I can still nail two M1A1s coming at me under search & destroy + openfire/engage at will orders as commander of T-90/T-72, selecting targets with right click + ctrl and command fire (ctrl + click) with sabot (and the Refleks which is now a spike of death). Only difference from before is no green lock symbol on selected target, but you can get that on default Expert with auto-guide AT on. Something for everybody.

Edited by OMAC

Liking what I have seen so far.

However I have noticed the trees pulsing from light to dark (around 200-300m away) on Takistan. I will have a look again today.

I'm getting an invalid character model message on launch (I will update this post with the exact message when I get to my PC). Is this normal? Otherwise patch seems good. I'm not sure whether its the beta patch or dayz causing the error - it's just a popup message upon launch (at the menu screen).

Cheers.

Good changes...should haven been that way from day one!!!

I'm getting an invalid character model message on launch (I will update this post with the exact message when I get to my PC). Is this normal? Otherwise patch seems good. I'm not sure whether its the beta patch or dayz causing the error - it's just a popup message upon launch (at the menu screen).

Cheers.

Think u mean this line ,, invalid crew TK_soldier_CREW_EP1 in BTR60_TK_EP1 ,, i have the same warning line and its only shows up if Dayz is on.

And if i turn Dayz off i dont see the warning line about invalid crew.

I have this warning line only whit patch 101480 and 101747 not whit older patches or vanilla arma.

"invalid crew TK_soldier_CREW_EP1 in BTR60_TK_EP1" is a DayZ problem and will be fixed by the mod very soon.

Just a reminder, the incoming missile warning Bug #27242 is broken for most Aircraft now for 18 Months thanks to 1.58 and BAF.

it is very nice that you gave the USMC airscraft that had it missing some countermeasures...but neither Player nor A.I. can use them effectively without missile launch warning. In fact A.I. did never use countermeasures with the affected aircraft.

Edited by Beagle

Just a reminder, the incoming missile warning Bug #27242 is broken for most Aircraft now for 18 Months thanks to 1.58 and BAF.

it is very nice that you gave the USMC airscraft that had it missing some countermeasures...but neither Player nor A.I. can use them effectively without missile launch warning. In fact A.I. did never use countermeasures with the affected aircraft.

Ive never seen this issue with any of the recent beta's, since ive been testing some aircraft im making for my mod. Especially as i inherit from BIS classes.

Someone made a quick mod in the meantime which gives proper missile detection.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12360

The only problem with it is that the config file is missing 2 lines of code, so it will give you an error when loading a map. It doesn't affect the capability though.

This issue has been reported and will hopefully get fixed by the CCP

The sound is missing,the warning appears only on radar ! only brit helicopters have it working.
And a number of aircraft do not even have a missile warning at all:

MH-60 all variants

MV-22

UH-1 all variants

Su-25 all variants

AH-6 and MH-6

A-10

Ka-60

L39ZA

But it's interestingn to see that some players did not notice it till today.

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

This issue has been reported and will hopefully get fixed by the CCP
You made a duplicate, the issue is know for more than one and a half year

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27242

btw my 5c - incoming missile warning make air attack vehicles practically unreachable.Considering useless usage of personal aa launchers (low effective range) ,static AA launchers (low range) ,exploits with switch off the engine while attacking and other methods some pilots have a god mode.Once they lock your ground vehicle there is not way to escape.So before have a look on this issue I rather spent some time to finish fixing "always tab" issue,radar detecting range and recognition issue,lock with engine on off issue and many many many other small and big problems.

Edited by kotov12345

I don't think they should have magic warning systems since most of what we face are IR missiles.
Its all or nothing, it's not right to give it so some old ships like a Mi-17 but strip it via Bug from the most modern ones. Besides...A.I. cant use CC without the warning system and Choppers get hit anyway sooner ot later, its only Airplanes that are ontouchable in ArmA and that's another issue with another background. Incoming IR missile warning is no magic, its a technical fact. Look for: PAWS, MIRAS, N/AAR 44A, JATAS, AN/AAR 60 or MILDS, AN/AAR 57 etc. Edited by Beagle

I don't think they should have magic warning systems since most of what we face are IR missiles.

Real aircraft have warning systems for IR missiles. Some of the newer helicopters even have a laser detector built into the MWS. And yes, it makes a noise and spits out flares automatically.

I think for the majority aircraft listed it's inappropriate to have it in game. I've seen enough videos of our real life helos getting smoked by IR's to know it's not all there.

I think for the majority aircraft listed it's inappropriate to have it in game. I've seen enough videos of our real life helos getting smoked by IR's to know it's not all there.
It's not that easy and no that one way.

1. the missile warning was never a missile shield even popping flared could get you hit

2. the warningn system in game, when it works, shows more than just missiles it shows beeign locked by RADAR from Shilkas and Tunguskas

3. Flares in ArmA are not "real" you can't fire flares preemptive, they only work as a modifier for hit probability AFTER THE MISSILE is fired.

4. we are not askingn for a new feature we are just asking for a feature to be repaired that worked flawlessly for all units prior to 1.58 a nd still works for most attack helos...just the medum and light transports are now without any hope...flares is all they have to at least survive the fist missile.

Edited by Beagle

The way it used to be you couldn't shoot down an AI helo no matter how many stingers you used, I'd rather they were gone if they can't be more randomly effective.

I can not reproduce such a behaviour...with a solid lock head on at 700m or at tail the chopper always goes down despite flares... when not at first so at second missile, Stinger AA Pod vs. Mi-17MTV3. The chance of escape is better for the aircraft when you fire at targets that are beaming the missile...as it should be...you cant exspect to get a perfect shot at all ranges and angles

Pistol bug seems to have reared ugly head again. Im running a pistols heavy mission and been experiencing the frozen AI quite a bit. If you team switch to a frozen AI you cant move but can hit Gear to unfreeze -maybe a hacky solution lies in there somewhere ;)

Anyways went to report it but both issues were closed/resolved at DevHeaven.