Sign in to follow this  
thomsonb

[CO] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Coop Missions - Release Thread

Thanks for the update (and the MP version) this is a lot of fun!! Veteran mode with @ASR_AI and @tpwcas makes this a very difficult mission. I've been tinkering with an ACE version of this (still a WIP) .. how easy is it to port to different islands?

how easy is it to port to different islands?

The SP version is now quite easy to port, if you have a basic knowledge of scripting, mission directories and unpacking missions etc.

The MP version is a bit less simple; it uses similar code, but has a few more Takistan dependencies right now, since it is early days in development still.

Send me a pm if you have any questions ;)

B

Hi thomsonb, is it possible to create a non ACR version of this?

Hi Gunter

Its only a 100mb free download to get ACR lite from ARMA2.com...

In this mission using the setup parameters you can choose which factions are active, if you don't want the Czech faction for example.

B

<removed, newer version out, check first post>

Edited by thomsonb

Love this mission. V1 worked but v3 is not. It is requiring ACR. I do have ACR_lite.

I kind of liked the inventory randomization for players that we had in SP Flashpoint.

I've noticed player inventories are handled via another file by the name of equipPlayer.sqf

Is there any way I can replace specific weapons with something like: UA_DELTA_GUNS, UA_PLAYER_PISTOLS instead?

Is there any way I can replace specific weapons with something like: UA_DELTA_GUNS, UA_PLAYER_PISTOLS instead?

Hi pd3

Youre right loadout is handled slightly differently for MP players. And backpacks are supported for players now which is also new.

At the mo the guns hard coded rather than picked from a random list. You would need to change the script a bit, and the arrays like UA_DELTA_GUNS are not in the right format for this :(

Il put it on the list for development. BTW i have been focused mainly on the MP technical stuff, rather than the gameplay aspects so far, so expect improvements :)

Re Wanderzz post above:

Can somebody please confirm that Flashpoint Takistan v03 does work with ACR lite (it should do i hope!!)

rgds

B

ACE version Please :) and/or option for ACRE would be sweet :yay:

I might get to making an ACE version of this and as long as thomsonb is OK with it I can post it up... no guarantees though.

What you can do in the meantime is use @ASR mod which adds medical gear (if ACE wounding is enabled) and also allows a crate to appear at your spawn point with any items available in the briefing menu (so you'll need to edit description.ext and add some ACE specific gear there)

Is it possible to have a no respawn option for people who dislike respawns?

Thats a good idea Phantom, I will add a startup parameter for no respawn

B

Greetings

I have just released an update:

please download from here:

Flashpoint Taskistan MP v04

Let me know what you think if you have played the mission, I have had virtually no feed back on the MP version compared with the SP version..

Changes

- Added: Respawn On/Off setup parameter.

- Fixed: JIP Clients were sometimes teleported back to wrong position.

- Removed: Default BIS conversations system ("Hello, Sir" etc).

B

I would like a version released with no respawn at all, so I may try and implement R3F's revive respawn for my own use, unless of course there might be a conflict with some of your scripting.

I personally really like the tactical element of having an option to save a downed comrade instead of them just respawning.

The punishment for not waiting to be saved is spawning in the pre-designated spawn-spot which may be in a village or a base somewhere, effectively splitting up the players.

I don't know if I have ACR-lite installed, but I haven't had a single problem as yet.

As far as feedback on the MP element, I'm not really sure what you're looking for specifically.

Bugs etc? Because I really haven't experienced any. You've done a pretty thorough job translating the overall experience of the SP version to MP, and I'm picky and complain about everything.

One minor grumble of mine is that when you spawn squad members there's not much diversity in terms of unit types.

It would be nice to spawn AT guys, medics, and possibly even engineers to repair half busted vehicles as Takistan is a large place.

I understand that helicopters will effectively stuff the spawning, but I do kind of miss the fact that you can't simply induct friendly squads (including vehicles) for the player's use.

Seems if you don't have any ACR DLC (full/light) there will be error messages about a pistol (?). What could be improved is to take away all handguns from AI (silly to see an AI sniper can't switch back to his sniper rifle), add all of the german KSK soldiers and perhaps some friendly/enemy patrol boats if the player is close to the open sea. Could be nice if there is an option for no random civil units/vehicles and animals - just military vehicles in guarded base/depots/airfields ("dirty" old OFP style). :)

..if you don't have any ACR DLC (full/light) there will be error messages..

As stated on the download page ACR or ACR lite is required.

There is an option for no civilians in the parameters. No option to turn off parked cars yet.

Bases for each side will be added when I have time to make them.

This is a lot of fun.. and I've yet to try it with other players :p

I've customized it a bit to work with ACE. (with @ASR mod)

I also added R3F logistics and a COIN function to create some fortifications.. so you can carry your crate to a nearby village and setup shop.

I'll probably get to some MP testing this weekend I'll let you know what the feedback is :p

Hi there any chance of the ACE version please :)

This is a lot of fun.. and I've yet to try it with other players :p

I've customized it a bit to work with ACE. (with @ASR mod)

I also added R3F logistics and a COIN function to create some fortifications.. so you can carry your crate to a nearby village and setup shop.

I'll probably get to some MP testing this weekend I'll let you know what the feedback is :p

Well I'm just tinkering for my own use I would not want to release anything without the author's permission.... and it would need some testing first.

What you can do for quick and easy ACE version is run the @ASR mod (check the userconfig file for params) which adds a bunch of ACE features automagically. Then if you know how to edit a mission you can add some ACE gear, weapons, etc to the briefing screen (in description.ext) - something like this at the end of the file:

// Gear Selection

class Weapons 
{

class ACE_M136_CSRS {count = 4;};
class ACE_Javelin_Direct {count = 10;};
class ACE_Javelin_CLU {count = 2;};

class Binocular {count = 10;};
class NVGoggles {count = 10;};

class ACE_VTAC_RUSH72 {count = 12;};
class ACE_VTAC_RUSH72_TT_MEDIC {count = 12;};

class M16A4 {count = 8;};
class ACE_M27_IAR_ACOG {count = 2;};

class ACE_M240G_M145 {count = 8;};

class ACE_USP {count = 12;};
class ACE_USPSD {count = 6;};

class ACE_EARPLUGS {count = 20;};
class ItemGPS {count = 20;};
class ItemRadio {count = 4;};
class ItemCompass {count = 20;};

};

class Magazines 
{

class ACE_12Rnd_45ACP_USP {count = 64;};
class ACE_12Rnd_45ACP_USPSD {count = 32;};

class 30RND_556X45_STANAG {count = 96;};
class ACE_30RND_556X45_T_STANAG {count = 32;};
class 100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag {count = 32;};

class 100Rnd_762x51_M240 {count = 32;};

class ACE_CLAYMORE_M {count = 4;};

class ACE_M84 {count = 8;};  //flash

class ACE_C4_M {count = 8;};

class PipeBomb {count = 2;};

class HandGrenade_West {count = 12;};
class SmokeShell {count = 20;};

};

When the mission starts @ASR will add a crate beside you filled with the stuff from the briefing menu

Tried the mission quickly last night, couldn't figure out how to play as OFPOR, any tips?

I have a question.

Would it be possible for you to include a variable called "MIN_SKILL" to accompany the MAX_SKILL variable?

I found this in the file infantry.sqf:

_unitType createUnit [[_pos,50] call areaPos,_grp,format["soldier%1 = this; removeAllWeapons this",_soldierCount],random MAX_SKILL];

I'm sure its a really simple change, but I'm not familiar with proper syntax to make it work.

Basically I would just like to truncate the skill of the ai spawned by cutting off the bottom 25%, as you can tell when they have a skill level within that range as its usually ridiculous to behold.

I've also made a few "missions" using Flashpoint as a framework for combat ambience and its worked well so far.

I'm in the process of making an urban combat type mission with multiple objectives, featuring schnapdrosel's gangster units and vilas' law enforcement addons.

How difficult would it be to add something to test whether a specific type of unit is spawned (in this case a police car), so that a particular script associated with that addon was run by default upon its spawning?

If I can figure out how to make some of the mission objectives work the way I would like them to, I would be interested in releasing to see what people think.

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Tried the mission quickly last night, couldn't figure out how to play as OFPOR, any tips?

Yeah, you pretty much have to make a mission that allows for playing of a specific side.

Basically, you'd need to open the mission in the editor, replace all the 'p' numbers (eg p1, p2, p3, p4 etc) with the desired counterparts on the opfor side.

you would also then have to set up the lists in the various scripts (I believe takistanfactions and perhaps one other) to specify which were the "Blufor" and "Opfor" factions.

Basically switching them around might work, so technically in this case "Blufor" would simply mean the faction that serve as your allies and opfor would be the opposition (which would be the actual "blufor", confusing I know).

Anyhow, poke around the scripts, if I can be arsed I might try myself and do up a template.

could you reupload this, your site seems to be down