Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Attention Everyone: Universal Bohemia Interactive Profiles (Store & Forums).

buy from bis - bis send you key for alpha- enter key in steam, is how it will proberly work if this is the way they will do it

...Is THIS the case, that there is store/forum/game integration such that BIS can give out exclusives (in this case, ArmA III Alpha) to those who pre-order?

Sorry if this is slightly wondering off of the actual topic. Please remove it if it's a bother. Assuming this preorder / alpha jargan is the reason for the merge. I don't see how a preorder warrants an exclusive alpha to those who've pre-ordered (not in arma anyhow). The people that make the game what it is, are day in & day out making the scenarios,modes, maps for people to play shouldn't be excluded from any alpha because they didn't preorder. Infact, wouldn't BI want those people to be the ones doing any alpha tests?

In short; No one should be excluded from the alpha. Not that I'd even care to play an alpha :p. It's the principle. :mad:

Edited by Iceman77

Sorry if this is slightly wondering off of the actual topic. Please remove it if it's a bother. Assuming this preorder / alpha jargan is the reason for the merge. I don't see how a preorder warrants an exclusive alpha to those who've pre-ordered (not in arma anyhow). The people that make the game what it is, are day in & day out making the scenarios,modes, maps for people to play shouldn't be excluded from any alpha because they didn't preorder. Infact, wouldn't BI want those people to be the ones doing any alpha tests?

In short; No one should be excluded from the alpha. Not that I'd even care to play an alpha :p. It's the principle. :mad:

Hey, I'm all for an open alpha. Believe me. But this notion of a paid alpha is going around, and so, I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it. It was suggested that there would possibly be a combination of free and paid solutions to getting into the Alpha but I'm not sure. I agree with you that your entrance into the alpha shouldn't be paid. But some here think that your willingness to pay for something is an indicator of your dedication to actually testing the alpha as an alpha test.

But some here think that your willingness to pay for something is an indicator of your dedication to actually testing the alpha as an alpha test.

And alot will simply pay to actually play the alpha, not knowing any better. Alot is an understatement at that. Regardless, totally against paying for an alpha :)

Edited by Iceman77

And alot will simply pay to actually play the alpha, not knowing any better. Alot is an understatement at that. Regardless, totally against paying for an alpha :)

For one thing, it's a pretty common thing. If you started to sift through several thousand users to say "yes" or "no" based on their "community contribution", you will invariably spent a lot of time on that and also piss off a lot of people that think (whether true or not) their contribution would make them a candidate for the Alpha.

People might casually regard the Alpha as a demo, and judge the game based on that. Don't say people cannot be that stupid, you know they can ;) Weeding out those, and those people that just regard it as a free pass-time, might be worth it.

In any case, as I said in my other post, it's a wild guess, it makes sense in the context of the topic (i.e. the merging of the forum and shop accounts), and it isn't totally unheard of (Carrier Command did it in a similar fashion). Whether the alpha will be open or not is known only to BIS, and until they announce anything it is no use getting wound up. I would prefer a free alpha, and I will preorder ARMA III anyway the moment it pops up in the store.

(and my apologies to Placebo if I veered this too far off topic)

For one thing, it's a pretty common thing. If you started to sift through several thousand users to say "yes" or "no" based on their "community contribution", you will invariably spent a lot of time on that and also piss off a lot of people that think (whether true or not) their contribution would make them a candidate for the Alpha.

I never said it should be based on community contribution... It was more of an "If anything...".

Also, I realize it's common. Read closely.

I don't see how a preorder warrants an exclusive alpha to those who've pre-ordered (not in arma anyhow)
Edited by Iceman77

I know, I was just stating alternatives and what they would entail. A software developer might not be comfortable having an Alpha version running free in the wilds.

Anyway, I'll give it a rest now.

I appreciate there's a great thirst for information about the A3 alpha but this is not the appropriate place to discuss it and is distracting people from getting the information across to ensure the migration goes smoothly.

Good, the forums are up, anything happened during the downtime :) ?

Good, the forums are up, anything happened during the downtime :) ?

ive seen no visible changes in the forums, however i tried to activate my account via some link in the bi store https://profile.bistudio.com but i get an error on the activation link.

so im stuck there.

ive seen no visible changes in the forums, however i tried to activate my account via some link in the bi store https://profile.bistudio.com but i get an error on the activation link.

so im stuck there.

It works perfectly for me ;)

so im stuck there.

I used my username/password from the forums and connected with no problem.

The New Password field may only contain alpha-numeric characters, underscores, and dashes.

^^ Got this message when I tried to change my password. What kind of bullshit is this, not allowing any special characters in a password?

The password is stored as a salted hash anyway, right? (I bloody well hope so.) So why the restriction?

Now profile.bistudio.com is down with error msg "The page isn't redirecting properly" and my login is refused to BI store cause of wrong password.

Edited by TonyGrunt
used wrong password

so im stuck there.

Hi,

can you PM your activation link? Also if anyone else has an activation problem, can contact me directly.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

^^ Got this message when I tried to change my password. What kind of bullshit is this, not allowing any special characters in a password?

The password is stored as a salted hash anyway, right? (I bloody well hope so.) So why the restriction?

Hi,

the restriction has been lifted ;)

What's next, if i have a separate bistore account which i don't want to merge with this profile, but i cannot login with that username/pw combo on profiles.bistudio.com, because it says wrong password?

I have successfully set a new password and logged into store.bistudio.com and the forums

However, when looking at my account information, the "State" drop/listbox contains a long list of states, none of which exist in my country (Australia)

Edited by ceeeb

What's next, if i have a separate bistore account which i don't want to merge with this profile, but i cannot login with that username/pw combo on profiles.bistudio.com, because it says wrong password?

Hi, please PM me the username and email you are using for your store account, and I can chcek if everything is OK.

the restriction has been lifted ;)

That was quick, thanks. :)

EDIT: I can now no longer access the profile.bistudio.com website, due to an "infinite redirect" error.

I know it's early days yet, and I'm not complaining this is just some feedback.

I managed to create my BIPofile, I was already using the same email for the store and forums. However it would not allow me to use my store password, my forum password worked okay though.

On checking my "Account information" I noticed that my State was set to Enna for some reason. That's wrong so I tried to change it, but the States dropdown menu is pretty messed up. It seems to be a random mixture of countries and states and not in alphabetical order. There was no suitable state I could use so I have left that for the moment.

One last thing, I expected that once logged into my profile I would be automatically logged into the forums as well but that does not seem to be the case.

hi,

my OLD PASSWORD is char(7), when i try to change my pass i can't change it....

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3648/bisy.png

thankyou

Hi,

you should be able to change your password now.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

I know it's early days yet, and I'm not complaining this is just some feedback.

I managed to create my BIPofile, I was already using the same email for the store and forums. However it would not allow me to use my store password, my forum password worked okay though.

On checking my "Account information" I noticed that my State was set to Enna for some reason. That's wrong so I tried to change it, but the States dropdown menu is pretty messed up. It seems to be a random mixture of countries and states and not in alphabetical order. There was no suitable state I could use so I have left that for the moment.

One last thing, I expected that once logged into my profile I would be automatically logged into the forums as well but that does not seem to be the case.

Hi,

I checked your account, and you have changed your password it the profile, this means that you will use only the new password to login to your accounts. If this was not the case, please PM me, with the details of your account that was the source of the problem.

Some feedback regarding the profiles site, i cant select my state to be England, it isn't in the list. However i did Wales and Northern Ireland listed, but no Scotland either.

Some feedback regarding the profiles site, i cant select my state to be England, it isn't in the list. However i did Wales and Northern Ireland listed, but no Scotland either.

I was just about to post the same. That line in the 'Shipping address' area of my profile has changed from 'England' (as it was on the old store.bistudio) to 'Enna', which IIRC is in Sicily :D, and there is no option for England in order to change it back.