Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Attention Everyone: Universal Bohemia Interactive Profiles (Store & Forums).

Due to the migration the forums will be offline at times Monday 18th February.

We would like to inform you about the upcoming migration to universal Bohemia Interactive Profiles.

A Bohemia Interactive Profile will allow you to access all Bohemia Interactive services – such as the forums and Store.bistudio.com – using the same account. This means you will no longer need separate logins.

If you have a forum and/or store account, please note that these will automatically merge into a Bohemia Interactive Profile. However, we would like to ask you to carefully read the notes below.

1) I have a forum account, but I have never used Store.bistudio.com (formerly known as sprocketidea.com)

Your Bohemia Interactive Profile account will be the same as your Forums account. You can create a Store.bistudio.com account via profile.bistudio.com.

2) I have a Store.bistudio.com account, but I never registered on your forums

Your Bohemia Interactive Profile account will be the same as your Store.bistudio.com account. You can create a forum account via profile.bistudio.com.

3) I have both a forum and a Store.bistudio.com account, registered with the same e-mail address

Both your accounts will be merged into a single Bohemia Interactive Profile. To log in, please use your forum username and either your forum or Store.bistudio.com password. After you set a single password for your Bohemia Interactive Profile, you will be able to use the same password for both the forums and Store.bistudio.com.

4) I have both a forum and a Store.bistudio.com account, but they are registered with different e-mail addresses

Your forum and Store.bistudio.com accounts can only be merged into a single Bohemia Interactive Profile if they are registered with the same e-mail address. Please make sure that your forum and Store.bistudio accounts have matching e-mail addresses before February 18.

The migration will be completed on Monday February 18th 2013. If the fourth condition applies to you, please make sure your e-mail addresses match before this date.

I'll leave this open in case there are any questions/issues to be raised.

Edited by Placebo

Hi, my nickname on the forum and the store always by "Corbulo" but in "profile.studio.com" I sign in with my email... maybe I did mess, sorry, but now? :j:

tnks

I've never used the store nor am I security expert and I back the idea itself, but I think that this will create a big threat to privacy protection.

Forums don't have encryption at all. To me it looks like that combining the unprotected critical account information with sensitive data is an actual severe security threat to the user. Shouldn't every service using the same account be encrypted before the migration can be applied at least? Or am I just wrong and the data is actually protected?

Edit: Please prove me that I'm wrong. Otherwise you just lost a customer because 1. I'm not willing to risk security just to support BIS (despite of they're awesome) 2. In general, I want to support quarters that take care of the security of their customers and not support those who don't do it.

Edited by Ezcoo
specification

̶h̶̶i̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶'̶t̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶o̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶f̶̶i̶̶l̶̶e̶̶.̶̶b̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶u̶̶d̶̶i̶̶o̶̶.̶̶c̶̶o̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶u̶̶m̶̶s̶̶.̶̶b̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶u̶̶d̶̶i̶̶o̶̶.̶̶c̶̶o̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶c̶̶o̶̶u̶̶n̶̶t̶̶.̶̶ ̶

̶i̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶p̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶"̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶e̶̶r̶̶n̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶o̶̶r̶̶r̶̶e̶̶c̶̶t̶"̶ ̶(̶i̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶r̶̶r̶̶e̶̶c̶̶t̶̶l̶̶y̶)̶.̶

̶i̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶"̶c̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶o̶̶h̶̶e̶̶m̶̶i̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶a̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶o̶̶f̶̶i̶̶l̶̶e̶"̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶e̶̶t̶̶a̶̶i̶̶l̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶u̶̶m̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶c̶̶c̶̶o̶̶u̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶(̶n̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶n̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶e̶-̶m̶̶a̶̶i̶̶l̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶a̶̶s̶̶s̶̶w̶̶o̶̶r̶̶d̶)̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶"̶n̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶n̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶u̶̶s̶̶e̶"̶ ̶̶e̶̶r̶̶r̶̶o̶̶r̶̶.̶

Edit: Thank you Tekgun2 for pointing out that I am an idiot :P

Also spelling error at profile.bistudio.com: It says "Don't have an accoount?" above the "CREATE YOUR BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE PROFILE" button.

Edited by ElPresidente

upcoming migration to universal Bohemia Interactive Profiles

Maybe the "upcoming migration" bit is why it's not working yet.

1) I have a forum account, but I have never used Store.bistudio.com (formerly known as sprocketidea.com)

4) I have both a forum and a Store.bistudio.com account, but they are registered with different e-mail addresses

If the first condition applies to you, please make sure your e-mail addresses match before this date.

Sorry for the "nit picking". But wouldn't it be the fourth condition? Anyhow, maybe to prevent some confusion...

Sorry for the "nit picking". But wouldn't it be the fourth condition? Anyhow, maybe to prevent some confusion...

Yup, it should be the fourth. Weirdly enough, the corresponding e-mail sent out by the BI store earlier today says "fourth". Weirdness... :p

allow you to access all Bohemia Interactive services – such as the forums and Store.bistudio.com – using the same account. This means you will no longer need separate logins

Excellent. Does this include the Biki?

That's a good question, as you may have guessed I'm just the messenger boy with this one ;) Will get an answer for you :)

Excellent. Does this include the Biki?

for now and for certain time in future, no, BIKI is separated ...

I have to say, I'd prefer two separate accounts for the store and for the forum. At this time I do have the same email address for both but I'd prefer these not to be migrated for security reasons. Plus on the forums I have a nickname but in the store account I have to have my real name because of credit card information. I'd like to get assurances that my identity is not revealed after the profile change.

I just wanted to inform you that the eMail I got was quite unreadable, because it is naked html code, something must have gotten wrong in the formatting. Might result in quite some people not reading it but just discarding it.

Also I'm not sure if that just one week is enough to inform everyone. And it is not clear what will happen if you miss that date to clean up your eMail addresses.

@xxbbcc: You must set Don't allow vCard download at your forum profile settings -> general settings, to ensure that noone can see your email address. Of course, if someone is hacking the forum database, you are screwed. But since in the forum not much info (like real name, postal address, phone number etc.) is connected to the email address, it is a low value target for hackers that are looking for something they can sell to spammers.

Edited by Brainbug

3) I have both a forum and a Store.bistudio.com account, registered with the same e-mail address

Both your accounts will be merged into a single Bohemia Interactive Profile. To log in, please use your forum username and either your forum or Store.bistudio.com password. After you set a single password for your Bohemia Interactive Profile, you will be able to use the same password for both the forums and Store.bistudio.com.

This applies to me....I'm using the same email address for both my store and forum profiles. However, I do not want my profiles merged into one. Am I correct in understanding that if I change one of the profiles to use a different email address prior to February 18, that will be enough to prevent the two profiles from being merged into one?

This applies to me....I'm using the same email address for both my store and forum profiles. However, I do not want my profiles merged into one. Am I correct in understanding that if I change one of the profiles to use a different email address prior to February 18, that will be enough to prevent the two profiles from being merged into one?

Yep, that should work.

I have to say, I'd prefer two separate accounts for the store and for the forum. At this time I do have the same email address for both but I'd prefer these not to be migrated for security reasons. Plus on the forums I have a nickname but in the store account I have to have my real name because of credit card information. I'd like to get assurances that my identity is not revealed after the profile change.

Hi, this will change in the BI Profiles, your real name won't be mandatory to make purchases on the store

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

if someone doesn't want to have their accounts merged into one, it's not enough to only change the email, you would have to change the username also. Because it would create a username conflict if the username stays the same.

In this case the store account username will default to the email address, there are a few accounts that will be affected by this, and all of them will be notified via email upon the merge.

Sadly there is no way around this.

Basically if you have different usernames and emails on your forums and store account, you will have two BI Profile acconts, thats all. But if you want to, there will be an option to merge them after launch from your profile.

Hope it's understandable, if you have any questions let me know.

I sign up in the profile.bistudio.com with my email and in forum and store with my nickname, why? The email is the same in all 3 cases, but i want to login with my nickname in the profile.bistudio.com (now offline)...

Edited by Corbulo

Upon changing my email and username (since i dont want my profiles merged, why the fuck...) it automatically logged me out. After looking around a bit puzzled (no confirmation emails or whatever, just an error that i wasnt allowed to acces the page) it turns out that it was succesful and it just doesnt autmatically log you in with your new login information. :p

EDIT: If i change my email/username back to what it was after the merge has been completed, will it be as it was again? I prefer to keep the same email for each account, however i want to use different login information for each one.

Edited by NeMeSiS

What will happen with a universal account if someone is banned from the forums. Will someone still be able to login to the store and buy or access bought games?

What will happen with a universal account if someone is banned from the forums. Will someone still be able to login to the store and buy or access bought games?

Yes, you'll still be able to buy and access your bought games if you get banned on the forums ;)

What is the benefit/motivation for merging the profiles?

Yes, you'll still be able to buy and access your bought games if you get banned on the forums ;)

If you guys follow through with that social integration survey (A3 related I think) you had a few months back, will banned forum users be able to play online? I guess what I'm asking is kinda what ceeeb is asking: What is the overall point of merging the profiles? Is it simply to have one account for each user, or is it related to account integration with online gameplay in future titles (namely, ArmA III)?

What is the overall point of merging the profiles?

Wild guess: Suppose you want to give access to the ARMA III alpha/beta to people that pre-ordered, you would need to enter all of them into special forum groups if you wanted a dedicated ARMA III Beta tester forum. If your store and forum know each other, this is implicit. Likewise for e.g. DayZ. If they're going for a similar model like Miner Wars or Minecraft, you could buy an "early release" version and get instant access to the appropriate forums.

But as I said, wild guess :)

Wild guess: Suppose you want to give access to the ARMA III alpha/beta to people that pre-ordered, you would need to enter all of them into special forum groups if you wanted a dedicated ARMA III Beta tester forum. If your store and forum know each other, this is implicit. Likewise for e.g. DayZ. If they're going for a similar model like Miner Wars or Minecraft, you could buy an "early release" version and get instant access to the appropriate forums.

Probably not far from the truth.

Will this come only through the BIS store though? I mean, if that ValveTestApp is to be believed, we're talking some sort of Steam pre-order as well. So, unless there's some kind of in-game verification of pre-order that requires the store/forum username, then it might not be applicable. If there is some sort of store/forum/game integration (what I mean by social integration), then your assumption would be correct. And that's exactly what I'm asking. Is THIS the case, that there is store/forum/game integration such that BIS can give out exclusives (in this case, ArmA III Alpha) to those who pre-order?