Sign in to follow this  
harbinger

1.3.0019 docking and turret problems

I thought I'd delete all my save games, reinstall, fresh patch to latest version and then try this title again from the very beginning in both Strategy and Campaign mode - and see just what is going on.

Some nice fixes, but still lots of problems. Anyone else experiencing problems trying to dock units?

Giving dock command either via G or F2 sometimes has units doing absolutely nothing - they have to be manually guided to the docks. This mostly seems to happen after they have been given multiple waypooints using Shift.

Also - engaging enemy gun turrets is as problematic as ever. Half the time the Manta's simply head to the target area, and do nothing. Walruses simply point their turrets in the target's direction, and don't even move there.

Annoying, to say the least. These were present in the prior versions, and it appears to still not be fixed.

Also - there were Island Production icons that indicated each islands relative strengths and weaknesses for resource and factory etc. These were confusing when they first appeared ( was - better than --, and ++ better than +?) and now they appear to be completely gone.

Please, is there any hope for this? We have put up with this for long enough.

Edited by Harbinger

I have been noticing strange behaviour when docking mantas in this version. Sometimes as you say, they will get to a point where they appear to be doing nothing, then after about 10 seconds they will suddenly dock at the carrier, even if they are on the other side of the island. It looks like this was added as a workaround for mantas that get stuck and unable to dock. They also do some strange things on mountain islands, like you'll be say 100m from the carrier and looking right at it, hit the G key to dock and the manta turns around and plots a course around the other side of a mountain, often right into an enemy base. To me, mantas should always take a straight line from A to B.

I haven't noticed the problem with the turrets, but I do all my island warfare in manual control anyway. I did notice yesterday when my first pair of carrier flak guns (rear pair) arrived while I was at an island, they would not engage anything by themselves until I went to the next island and the front pair arrived. Not sure whether it was the switch to next island or the front guns arriving that triggered them to kick in.

The + and - signs I don't think are anything to worry about, it was pretty meaningless anyway. If an island has a high resources figure make it a mining island, if it has a high production figure make it a factory.

Hmm. I`ve only played with the latest patch in strategy. I have never seen any docking problems in quite a few hours of gameplay. They dock when I tell them... However, I don`t use the keyboard commands as I prefer the Mouse interactions.

Mantas not hitting turrets are interesting. I did find at one point the fault was mine as the Manta had actually run out of ammo! Are you sure it isn`t that?

I agree about the Walrus, they do stop too far away and just point their turrets- that does need fixing. This seems to be because they have no real LINE OF SIGHT (like they think the brow of a hill is in the way). For now I just move them a little closer until they start shooting.

The ++ - thing I don`t know about and don`t miss.

My biggest issue is that the Walrus` still have some pathfining problems and need further fine tuning.

It does mean a commander, for now, needs to keep an eye on his Mantas and Walrus until they release another Patch... Hopefully?

( was - better than --, and ++ better than +?)

Yeah I'm pretty sure the more pluses the better it is and the more minuses the worse it is. They're still showing up in my strategy games, playing with the latest patch.