Sign in to follow this  
Vilman

Enemy fire from out of viewdistance

Hey !

I noticed several times that in ArmA 2 the enemy can fire on the player from out of the game's viewdistance.

So if i set the vd to 1500 meters for example, the enemy fires on me from 2000 meters far. I cannot see him, but he can see and aim on me... :(

Is there any way to get rid of this problem ?

Thx !

I assume you are talking about Shilkas n stuff. They got radar and will naturally detect your vehicle/plane out there. But so will you when it comes to theirs.

Although ArmA2's radar implementation is simplistic and arcadish (and many vehicles which shouldn't have it - have it) - nonetheless just like IRL you don't have to see the enemy to shoot him down. Because radar.

Well the tanks still have a magic radar too - just play vanilla A2OA and see how far beyond visual range you can "see" and detect enemy/friendly contacts. Imo BIS would have been better developing and implementing somekind of working ISTAR/C5ISR system instead of using this oversimplified magic radar.

Hey !

I noticed several times that in ArmA 2 the enemy can fire on the player from out of the game's viewdistance.

So if i set the vd to 1500 meters for example, the enemy fires on me from 2000 meters far. I cannot see him, but he can see and aim on me... :(

Is there any way to get rid of this problem ?

Thx !

Yes you can aquire locks on targets out of your VD range, & kill people/Ai without ever laying eyes on them. It's been this way since day 1.

Yep.

Well is there any mod or script or any other thing that could prevent/disable this thing ?

Yep.

Well is there any mod or script or any other thing that could prevent/disable this thing ?

There are probably a few, but an easy one to slip in maybe, SLX Radar (pbo), removes magical radar from tanks.

This may help, haven’t used it myself, so not sure, maybe worth a look.

Could probably be used as a standalone pbo if you didn’t want to use the whole mod, just put it in with some other folder.

As I say not sure how or if it works, not used it, but worth looking at.:)