Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

Nv goggles

I don't know if it's possible but could someone make realistic looking NVGs like the ones on VBS1. They would look much better than the cardboard box and yoghurt pot effect ones we have in the game. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vinsen @ July 08 2002,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if it's possible but could someone make realistic looking NVGs like the ones on VBS1. They would look much better than the cardboard box and yoghurt pot effect ones we have in the game.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree!  They look pretty bad.  Also U.S. forces should have monocles with just a single lens instead of two (AN/PVS-7).  

Here's some pics of it:

12PVS_7_ABC_NBG.jpg

pvs7head.jpg

However I believe the ones that U.S. military pilots use are binocular type goggles.  That's the type that's already in OFP, but I agree that they look like crap.  Somebody should be able to fix them up properly.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I beg to differ...the binocular type goggles are sweet! Plus, the AN/PVS-7 are relatively new, and since OFP happens in 1985, I think that these are appropriate as they were prolly still in use around that time.

Later!

-Legionnaire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Legionnaire 7 @ July 08 2002,18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I beg to differ...the binocular type goggles are sweet! Plus, the AN/PVS-7 are relatively new, and since OFP happens in 1985, I think that these are appropriate as they were prolly still in use around that time.

Later!

-Legionnaire<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, even so the NVG model used in OFP looks like crap.  I've never seen any binocular type NVG's that look like that. If they are a model in the original OFP demo then they should be easily modifiable. Also I believe my old Army Reserve unit has the PVS-7's or something very similar since the early 90's. If we had them I'm sure they were around in 1985. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact model that we used but they were monocles.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ July 08 2002,18wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vinsen @ July 08 2002,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if it's possible but could someone make realistic looking NVGs like the ones on VBS1. They would look much better than the cardboard box and yoghurt pot effect ones we have in the game.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree!  They look pretty bad.  Also U.S. forces should have monocles with just a single lens instead of two (AN/PVS-7).  

Here's some pics of it:

12PVS_7_ABC_NBG.jpg

pvs7head.jpg

However I believe the ones that U.S. military pilots use are binocular type goggles.  That's the type that's already in OFP, but I agree that they look like crap.  Somebody should be able to fix them up properly.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

the one in OFP are the older version the US military use to use, i think they fit in with the time period...but not sure, but i know for sure they were used in 1980

You know, several years from now we'll be laughing at how bulky those things are.

I mean..look at them..huge and inconvient to wear. Similar to VHS tapes to DVD, etc.

I would imagine prices dropping and easier to produce for civilian use. I already have an IR filter for a camera, but still I would like to have something smaller to "see in the dark".

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NVA Killer @ July 09 2002,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the one in OFP are the older version the US military use to use, i think they fit in with the time period...but not sure, but i know for sure they were used in 1980<span id='postcolor'>

Well then can you or anyone else find pictures of any night vision goggles that look like the ones in OFP? Because I have NEVER seen any that look like that anywhere.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I would rather wear a 'binocular' version to a 'monocular' version anyday...far easier to judge distance and dimension. If you've ever tried living any lenght of time with just one eye open then you'll know what I mean.

Jubs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NVA Killer @ July 09 2002,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they are AN/PVS-5's<span id='postcolor'>

Do'h! I stand corrected. They do indeed look like the ones in Operation Flashpoint. It wouldn't hurt however to make PVS-7 monoculcar NVG as well though....at least they look a little cooler. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Guest Scooby

This is quite compact in size:

vaaka_pimeanako.jpg

Can be also attached to rifle so that it will work as aims.

I would like to see starlight scopes for rifles:

knights_an_pvs4_starlight_scope_mount.jpg

550_sniper_starlight.jpg

f26.jpg

Does anyone know if it would be possible to incorporate night-vision into a scope independent of wearing goggles in OFP?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 10 2002,10:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to see starlight scopes for rifles:

Does anyone know if it would be possible to incorporate night-vision into a scope independent of wearing goggles in OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

Ah.... I believe that's the same starlight scope that I used once during an annual training field combat exercises against OPFOR. If it is, it's a SWEET scope. It's got daylight filters on it also so it can be used during the day. While the magnification on it isn't all that impressive, it gives you a damn good view at night. But it's also heavy and bulky.

As for whether starlight scopes could be mounted...I guess it would be a matter of scripting it where it basically acted as if you were putting on NVG's every time you hit the "V" key and then removing the goggles when you took it off the site/scope view. That might be possible but an experienced .cpp scripter would have to answer that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well, I think it's all a matter of the texture applied to the optics.

If you just make a weapon-scope and code it to use the NVG overlay it should work. Since the NVG:s in OFP doesn't illuminate shit, it should be fairly simple to do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooby @ July 10 2002,09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is quite compact in size:

vaaka_pimeanako.jpg

Can be also attached to rifle so that it will work as aims.<span id='postcolor'>

scooby: how good is the quality? Hopefully not Gen I's, those suck

Guest Scooby

I got to use prototype of it and it was good and easy to use. Here are technical specifications of it from manufacturers website.

vv2000.jpg

"VV 2000 Night Vision System

One system for many applications

VV2000's rugged design and internal illuminated reticle makes it suitable for all small and medium sized weapon sights, such as an assault rifles, machine guns, machine pistols, marksman rifles, recoilless guns, or for weapon equipped with their own reflecting sight of laser pointer.

Although VV2000 is an excellent choice as a night sight, it is also designed for observation and moving. When fastened on to a head mask designed especially for the purpose, VV2000 makes driving, running and crawling easy even at very low illumination levels.

When the distance to the target is more than 300 m or it is very dark, it is easy to fasten a tele-extender to the VV2000. No extra adjustments are needed.

VV2000 is highly reliable and its modular design ensures minimum life-time cost.

Technical specifications:

Magnification: 1 x

Field of View: 40°

Focal range: 25 cm -

Resolution at 1 mlux: >0.8 lp/mrad

Diopter adjustment: -0.75 dpt

Battery type: 2 x standard AA size

Tube: SuperGen or Gen III

Reticle: Illuminated

Environmentals: According to military requirements

Accessories:

Tele-extender (magnification 2.7x)