Sign in to follow this  
raptor90

Situation update?

Now we work on a new project, taking in account all the good and bad experience we gained from Iron Front developing.

Hello, can we know what is that new project please ? Will be it WW2 theme also ?

Hello, can we know what is that new project please ? Will be it WW2 theme also ?

It's about WW2 too, yes. We have more interest in it rather then modern wars. At the moment there is not much info, because it has just recently started.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Frankly, I still love this game and what amusements it brings to us. I play it every often up to now! In terms of blame of 'greedy', I take such words back and sorry for any misunderstandings about AWAR's devotion. And please also could understand our feelings and sadness of being abandoned by the game DEV which we had been trying to support.

I just wish some of you guys from AWAR could still support the game for us in any ways you could do.

- OFPCAT from IF Forum

Yes, my old mate, I pretty understand your sadness too... I am not happy at all too. Really not the best end for such a project. But I don't give down, we will try to be more careful with the next one.

It's about WW2 too, yes. We have more interest in it rather then modern wars. At the moment there is not much info, because it has just recently started.

Will it run on Cryengine 2 or 3 please ? Simulation like Arma series or another arcade from WW2 please ? Did X1 found some people ? There was some infos about it that they are seeking people, moders from CE3 SDK.

Can the supposedly developed 1.06 patch be released, or "leaked" now somehow or is this just wishful thinking?

Couple of questions,

Is it possible that since IF is not being worked on anymore or supported rather could you guys at least unlock the

game so we can mod it and possibly fix, and or patch it ourselves?, as it seems obvious to me that Deepseilver wont do anything with the

game other then continue to sell it.

Also as asked by Blake in the above post, was there and actual 1.06 patch, and is it still available, and is it possible to release it?

At least do us this, talk to DS and at least give us those 2 things?

Panzer Baron,

As stated by all so far, thank you for getting in-touch at last with the community that bought your companies game, I to would like to thank you for a game that had promise, how ever that is all that can be said,as from the get go it was rather obvious the game was not fully tested before release. you state that V1.06 was held up, ok, as asked, is it now done or as IF is dead is it as i suspect no longer around or dumped( or was it even started?).Also will AWAR see if the can unlcok the game so as GS and others have requested so we the community can move the game forward. Do AWAR intend to improve communications with it's community I.E those who pay you for your product,and keep your company alive and you in a job, Hope so or your new project will go the same as IF, also will you listen to you public this time as to content wishes? IF had a poll, and most people wanted AWAR to finish off the russian front, or at least finish off the Time period the game was set in on the Russian front (Russian front with out sturmoviks!!! most unusual) also I am sure you can see why alot of people feel they have been ripped off by the DLC and the game in general and how things have turned out' As stated i like the base game, it just needed more content, more direction and certainly more communication. A lesson learnt, more than likely, a lesson understood, I doubt it but I wait to be proven wrong, a missed opportunity? without a doubt. will i ever buy a game form Deep Silver again Never! from AWAR again, well that depends on how IF is wrapped up I.E will they get the game unlocked and what the new project is like, and about, there is an old saying, ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY. so look at this Panzer Baron and please show it to your main bosses, this is a refrained message, from a simple gamer, who wanted IF to be great, but saw how it fell from grace rapidly and how badly it was handled.

Respect

RTR

If the game is unlock, I might consider coming back. If it is able to be run alongside ARMA 2, I may come back, but even though I got it while it was on sale, I've been skeptical about it from the start since I had a mentality of there's already I44 for WW2 until I was told about the great vehicle armor system stuff and other good things I heard from people who convinced me. IF had great potential, really great potential, but it dropped the ball pretty hard on no modding, untested, and incomplete. It had great quality, but lacks many things. I was even more skeptical with DLCs. It splits the community and that's horrible. ARMA 2 did their DLCs right with lite editions so the communities aren't split up. I heard there would be a lite version 1 year later but seeing that IF is pretty much dead now, that's a shame. I don't want to sound too negative. Truth is, the Real Virtuality engine thrives off of mods. Without it, IF is basically like ARMA 2 lite on a WW2 theater for a price tag of $30 whereas I can get ARMA 2 CO for $25 along with many other contents because of the mods. There would have been more buyers and projects going on for it if modding was enable from the very start.

IF is basically like ARMA 2 lite on a WW2 theater for a price tag of $30 whereas I can get ARMA 2 CO for $25 along with many other contents because of the mods.

At the time of release I bought this as well. I was ok with the 29.99 price tag because ArmA 2 was still in the 49.99 range. Also if you're gonna complain about IF1944 about releasing a unfinished product then you need to look back and remember how ArmA 2 wouldn't even run upon release. How easily we are quick to judge and dismiss. I know IFL 1944 ran out of the box and I played in a domination mission online within a week of running so I am ok with the purchase. I have spent money on worse to never play what I purchased. Alot of IFL shortcomings are because of the engine they based it on. Hard to make lemonade out of rotten lemons.

There's a first eh ProfTournesol:p

But the mere fact that PB has graced us with a message, or that the forum is back up is not any cause what so ever for a party, I would be very cautious as the track record of the nightmare that has been IF is not, shall we say customer friendly, in the sense that they promise the world, but give very little.

njmatrix, if you read the whole post it goes into reasons why people are annoyed and rightly so, also ARMA was released awhile ago now, things have moved on and people expect more, would you put up with a car that would not start after you have handed over cassh for it? I think not, and we are all entitled to our opinions, and I thought it was a very refrained post, but there you go.

End of the day, the community has been treated in an off hand manner, by ALL involved with IF. I think it will take a lot of bridge building to regain any sort of trust with people, and saying it is so & so's fault not ours will not cut it.

shame as the game did have massive potential, if they sort it all good and well, but they have made life hard for themselves, and only have themselves to blame for how people feel towards them.

have a good one.

Still playing the blame game I see and back just in time to promote an upcoming project..

Iront Front: Red River is arriving right on schedule.

Edited by jblackrupert

It's funny is'nt it jblackrupert, how mthey keep doing the same thing over & over again, & then play the hurt victim when the community has had enough and fire back at them. Simple fact is that ALL, and I will say that again so even the most ardent fan-boy will not misunderstand, ALL involved in this sad project should be ashamed at how it has been handled, and also how they treated the people who buy thier products, due to the lack of communication/understanding. The whole episode has been really very badly handled.

as said before, a shame that, as I really liked the game, as I am a Russian front fanatic and really looked forward to it, imagine if instead of the sad little 'oh lets do a D-day DLC, that will get us more American sales' they did what was asked and finished of the operation bagration time period, then followed that up with a Kursk DLC, Pz III L/M Elephants SU 152 Russian L/66 45mm anti tank guns, Sturmoviks, HS 129/B'!! the sales would of gone through the roof, but no, ah well, we can but dream i suppose.

Cheers

and have a good one.

To be honest they can go to hell ! i will never buy again a game dev by This studio , IF44 is a big pile of crap !

To be honest they can go to hell ! i will never buy again a game dev by This studio , IF44 is a big pile of crap !

+1

Even they are greedy as whole world.

What for do they asking 30 eur for "vanilla" IF44 + 10 eur for D-day DLC ?

40 eur for piece of crap game ? Now without support at all ? Fuck DS. Tyandgoodbye.

Looking forward to Invasion 1944 port on RV4 engine.

PS: Advice to DS fix your damn game or GTFO and don`t even show yourself again. Ever.

Edited by Gargamel

Calling the game itself shit is a bit much.

Support, advertising, communication with the community, lame excuses and blatant deceptions is what's shit about IF.

I think AWAR should have a little chat with Dean Hall about hard work, dedication and sacrificing ones personal time and money to fulfill a dream.

they complain a lot about working for free to get things done, but hey... welcome to the REAL world.

Millions of small business owners around the world can tell you, it won't be easy, it will eat into your personal life, effort your relationships, your finances...

but unless your willing to suck it up, you have no chance of succeeding, and it may take several shots before you see any reward.

Dumping blame on the publisher and investors ain't gonna cut it.

Edited by jblackrupert

I think Iron Front is terrific!

I have 3 separate game installs:

-Arma2

-Operation Arrowhead/BAF/PMC

-Iron Front.

Operation Arrowhead/BAF/PMC is the best and most refined.

Arma2 and Iron Front for me come equal second.

What really got me about this game was the small amount of content that it had despite the relatively long the time that the devs spent making it. I mean there's ARMA 2 mods with more content in them than IFL44.

Ya, its pretty decent quality too, also what i really enjoy is the animations, and how they setup the vehicles to blow apart in pieces.

But the game would be further today if the agreements between the companies whatever happened there would have allowed modding,

I still dont see why not allow it what does it hurt, I dont care about patches so much as we can fix the game ourselves with a patch for whatever is needed,

but theres so much ability and creativity and imagination in the community, that to now allow it to flourish i find almost wrong.

We paid for this game and its half built, especially the Dlc.

Why is it such a problem to allow modding with Iron Front?

The Official forums...And...their down again... forever this time???

Hello there

As an ex fairly major contributor to their forums I was surprised and rather excited to see them back up. But they do seem to be down again.

They had a fine game. Flawed but fine. I hope they resolve any issues that are happening, but as I used to point out they need to let us know what the devil is going on. (i dont aim this at PB etc rather at the companies controlling them)

Rgds

LoK

Everyone is worried about the IF forums yet theres nothing happening there, no ones posting and hardly anyone is visiting.

Come to where the new IF forums are at:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/

and join in the discussions and the projects under way!

Obviously the Iron Front companies dont care about us anymore as they had abandoned us without an explanation, cut us off from modding, and support,

and then go and still sell the game and the 1/4 made dlc, seems to me they shut their doors, and moved on, think about that they

disabled modding for a game that is moddable, why?

again Im going to ask what does it hurt if we can mod the game?

Would you not get more sales for IF and the dlc if the community added content and fixed up the game?

Sure you would because the word would spread, with videos popping up with some cool content everyone knows IF dont have, same for the dlc.

Did the things like the 152mm SPG they were showing off very early on ever turn up, or was that an out right lie too?