Sign in to follow this  
raptor90

Situation update?

What really pisses me off with this is that the iron front wiki is also gone. Hampers mission making to the maximum since you need the classnames for that.

At least, it could declare the game is gone for some reason and don't make us guess what really happened. Why ran away like a coward?

At least, it could declare the game is gone for some reason and don't make us guess what really happened.

Ya i would have to agree, I really dislike how they handle things, they do a disspearing act and then showup 2 months later saying sorry we have a patch for you, but with the forums being down just over a week now, and the wiki too I think they may be gone for good. At this point i really dont care anymore, i support only the remaining community that wishes to keep making missions for the game and wishes to discuss whatever about it other then the developer's BS politics and lack of communication they seemed always have had, they should have stayed as a mod like I said last year.

Tay-Uk has unofficial Iron Front forums as most of you already know, that we all can go to

if your interested, we've had several people join, already, and more everyday.

I will still host missions for you guys as there is no other place for IF missions. Since none can depend on support from the Shmucks that keep hiding on us,

seriously WTF is with these people, i have never in all my time in gaming have ever come across a company and its associates that were this...

irresponsible, ill-communicative, disorganized, seriously, now i dont care, if they were to surprise us one day and open up the IF forums which right now I

really doubt, i would go on there and say excuse my language here but go F**k yourselves we of the IF community have dealt with enough of your bullshit.

No pms, no e-mails, no posts on the IF section here either. Were in this game by ourselves guys, maybe could create a patch and fix the game ourselves,

i had mentioned this before on IF forums last year, why not? Awar has abandoned us, we could

do it unofficially would that be againsted any rules, or anything illegal, consider it as a mod I guess, I'd support it.

Were in this game by ourselves guys, maybe could create a patch and fix the game ourselves,

i had mentioned this before on IF forums last year, why not? Awar has abandoned us, we could

do it unofficially would that be againsted any rules, or anything illegal, consider it as a mod I guess, I'd support it.

If providing a community patch or "mod" is possible and legal, I'd be willing to provide some fixes to the campaigns, which are sorely needed. But it would only be worth it for me if the end result would be fully playable within Steam.

Well, Fully playable shouldn't matter whether the missions are on steam or not.

If you fix the campaigns then it should work.

But I would like to see some updates, or fixes if you will to the existing game, if that were possible.

An example of this idea would be the unofficial Skyrim patch, not sure if any of you have played or have the game, i haven't played in a few months but on the official forums for the game there is a thread, where a group of modders got together and basically updated, and or fixed almost all aspects of the game that had something wrong with it, be it a texture problem, a bug, ect,. If we could do something like that for IF and actually create a patch or update of some sort that would work I think then the community would start going somewhere, but IDK whats possible, or whats needed.

plus I think to discuss this further if theres an interest and possibility for this we should have a thread for it, and not use this one as its topic

is for the greedy bastards that wont support their own game anymore.

I tried fixing a campaign and re-ifa'ing it, but it wouldn't run (in Steam), as the new ifa doesn't match the bisign. I wanted to be able to continue to play the campaign within Steam after fixing a bugged mission, as it takes way too long to replay the whole campaign from scratch. Perhaps the only way to do it is to put the new campaign ifa in the missions folder (or a mod folder, if those are supported) and replay from scratch? I'm not sure that would work, either.

At least, it could declare the game is gone for some reason and don't make us guess what really happened. Why ran away like a coward?

Because their bullshitting was starting to catch up with them. Even their most staunch supporters/Defenders were finally waking up to it.

I spotting them early because I have an inherent skill [bit of a curse at times also] for spotting liars and schemers even through a screen.

Omac was the campaign located in the missions_en_lib file in the Iron Front - Liberation 1944\IF folder? correct?

Maybe send me a cop of what you did and I can try it, I dont own IF on steam.

Yeah, I'm out. I am no longer going to make IF missions, that was bs. I might as well just give my key away to some real life friend for I no longer want to even look at it. Sketchy business like that disgust me. I should've started off I44. It's not like I can convince my real life friends to get them to try IF anyways especially since its dead. It's easier to try to get some for ARMA and have a little LAN game, but not for IF.

Omac was the campaign located in the missions_en_lib file in the Iron Front - Liberation 1944\IF folder? correct?

Maybe send me a cop of what you did and I can try it, I dont own IF on steam.

Yes, you are correct. And I don't think this is a Steam issue, as the new ifa most likely wouldn't work in non-Steam, either, as there is a bisign mismatch. The fixed Mission 7 works fine in the editor, but that does me no good in terms of completing the campaign. MAJOR BUMMER! :mad: The German campaign has major problems also that MUST be fixed for fun gameplay, especially for higher difficulty settings. The sad thing is, that the campaigns are some of the best ever made for RV engine, if it wasn't for a few very nasty bugs that are rather easy to fix, but never were fixed.

Some computer games are many years old and still have a fan base even though the developers have moved on.

The forums are still up and running.

It is strange that the Iron Front forums are gone.

It is a bit like a child having a tantrum.

Was the DRM removed with the latest patch or should we expect to eventually run out of activations and the game becoming non operable?

Hello there

I've been away from the iron front forums for a while and tried to peek in at them again yesterday. From what I've read here they have been removed.

Was there any explanation?

It's a sad loss if all the assets of IFL have gone. There was some great art in there.

Did that bloke who managed to port assets in and out of IFL ever re appear?

A damn shame if it's gone for good, It was a nice little bit of work. Although it should have been a DLC from the start. (in a perfect world)

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

LoK

I think the fellas forum handle was Bob, and no he never re appeared nor did he respond to my pm's either. Truly a sad day.

It would be nice if the developers would pop in and comment on the game instead of taking the cowards way out. Sadder still as they were respected addon makers before this debacle, and now I no longer have any respect left for them.

I think the fellas forum handle was Bob, and no he never re appeared nor did he respond to my pm's either.

A shame. I wonder if Bob ever really managed anything. Lastly, if Awar etc did fold utterly, what would be the rules then re: breaking the game and importing into A2/A3? I assume there'd be a vast amount of red tape to wade through.

I wont hold my breath.

Rgds

LoK

I've been informed that the official forum will not come back. I really hope the devs will come here and honestly explain themselves.

I've been informed that the official forum will not come back. I really hope the devs will come here and honestly explain themselves.

Thanks for informing. I hope too. :) Whatever happened at AWAR/X1, they should know they can still count on a number of fans, that do not waste themselves on senseless speculations and whining.

Rgds

LoK

I know him it was O_brian and he was extremly mad over to get accused of stealing the i44 addons.

And basicly shelved the whole thing.

Thanks for informing. I hope too. :) Whatever happened at AWAR/X1, they should know they can still count on a number of fans, that do not waste themselves on senseless speculations and whining.

Heard the same thing on the Red River/WarZ forum also.

They'll be glad to know they can depend on people like you to hand over money for their next abandonware project.

Let's just delete that piece of software and forget about it.

I've been informed that the official forum will not come back.

That's a shame, means all my progress reports and community research is gone forever. Seems also very unlikely that the R71 will get into Iron Front now. Wont stop me finishing it though (hopefully). I've enjoyed my time with Iron Front, and still will enjoy it some more while there are some people playing.

I've been informed that the official forum will not come back.

I received a pm from mlacix today about 20 min ago explainign the forums are down and over.

As mlacix wrote:

As you noticed the forum.iron-front.com is down. As it looks like now it a final downtime. That was not a planned "down" stage and I still

not know the full story but it's looks we lost it. In any case I would like to thank you for your support in Iron Front. Sadly it's not ended so

well but I hope you have some nice memory about tha last few months.

Let's just delete that piece of software and forget about it.

You delete the software and forget about it, and move on since you dont like the game, like you seemed to never have, dont get me wrong Beagle

you had some good points on IF forums about some of the matters dealing with the corrupt bs we are all dealing with, with Awar and the like

but I find the negative attitude dont help anything or anyone that still cares about the game itself.

Theres a lot of us still that like and play the game, and things being worked on, and plans being made.

Tay-Uk created Unofficial forums in replace of the official Iron front forums earlier this week and have been very busy working on various things for the community,

so if any of you veteran members would be interested in adding your input, and knowledge and still like to be involved in supporting

the game we do have, then head over to the forums here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/

it also has a working chat feature if you guys want to use it.

So far one of the members from the old forum has new Fallshirmjaeger units that he uses in missions with his realism unit, pretty cool, what he has done.

Heard the same thing on the Red River/WarZ forum also.

They'll be glad to know they can depend on people like you to hand over money for their next abandonware project.

Well I know, that I know nothing. I do not waste time judging about unknown internals going on within 4 groups (AWAR/X1/BI/DS) involved. Could be anything. So far it´s just "clear", that he official forum vanished.

In the meantime I´m busy experimenting with ASR_AI, as well as TPWCAS in i44, to get some issues solved, that also bugged me in IFL44. Thanks Gunther Severloh for assembling COWARMod pointing me to these excellent additions btw. 8)

As sad as it is, i´m totally looking forward to the rest of our group going to finally picking it up from the bargain bin which this titles new heading now is..

IF really had it´s moments, and im still thinking of it as a great addition to ArmA2.

However after all that happened (or was left to be as is) it only lived to be a bad standalone franchise and died with it :(

I have one topic which hopefully will be lesson for future generations, never trust publishers and always prepare backup plan ...