Sign in to follow this  
jake_krieger

Noises and shaking occuring randomly ,while flying

It´s really weird , after some time in the air and sometimes even immediately after take-off i hear a rattling sound of some sort and the helicopter shakes and doesn´t controll properly anymore.

And it gets harder and harder to maintain straight flight.

Please tell me if it is a bug or if im doing something wrong.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

And after i flew for sometime with this problem my helicopter got too damaged ...

There is a turbulence effect implemented in TOH, however it is very likely just random thing as far as I can tell.

I don´t think its turbulence , it stays after it came no matter where i fly or how i fly . It´s like i dealt damage to the helicopter but how could i ? I started the helicopter correctly and fly normal maneuvers...

If it stays then it seems to be damage indeed. No idea why it occurs if You fly it properly. I remember experiencing it in Story mode when flying for PMC, and also after getting shot upon couple times during Return to Shapur sp mission, but the first one was scripted, and second was actual damage. Otherwise sorry, cannot help.

Sounds alot like it could be TakeOn´s take on the implementation of FADE .. dunno if it can be accidentially triggered :confused:

Assuming you've got a legitimate version of the game, I'd say it may just be that you're overtorquing the engines. This would especially be the case if you notice it most prominently on the Medium, and least on the Light. Keep an eye on the Torque indicator if you have instruments enabled, and/or try to keep the torque needles from getting too high if you are using the virtual cockpit.

That's my only suggestion really, since you said maneuvering works fine.

Im flying on expert by the way . And this is occuring especially with the bigger helicopters(Huey) .

It´s really weird , after some time in the air and sometimes even immediately after take-off i hear a rattling sound of some sort and the helicopter shakes and doesn´t controll properly anymore.

And it gets harder and harder to maintain straight flight.

Please tell me if it is a bug or if im doing something wrong.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

And after i flew for sometime with this problem my helicopter got too damaged ...

The most common mistake. The helicopter assigned to excessive load. Too much raised collective step. Follow devices.

Not to drive the load pointer in the red zone.

Not maneuvering sharply. This is not piloting the helicopter. He is good at exactly take off to fly in a straight line and gently sits down. Do not ask for more from him.

This is not ARMA2. There is a strong restrictions