Sign in to follow this  
laverniusregalis

So, who else completed 'Jackal'?

I was wondering who else finished this mission successfully, and how they did so. I planted charges on the tanks, snuck out of the base and across the street so I could plant charges on the gas station, and before I got to it, I got spotted by an AI while I was hiding behind a wall. Detonated the charges, base went boom, and I hightailed it out of there while they were firing at me. I still find it amusing that even without NVGs, the AI was able to find me through a wall, even after I shot out the lights in the base.

I did it through a process of saving about every 20 seconds. :) It took me about an hour of raging before i figured it out. There is a lot of patrols and barracks full of stupid ai that want to f*ck you up. I personnaly hate this mission. Heres how I did it:

Run a semi circle to the East (or right side of base) and crawl through the opening behind the buildings. Crawl towards the main gate and try to take out any patrols or guards. I learnt it the hard way that you can't take out the UAZ and guys beside it and you have to kill the whole squad so noone notices. I then crawled around the back of the base (still inside it)to the left side of it and shot anyone i saw. Crawl between the tanks and plant a couple satchells and crawl towards the service point and planted between it. I proceeded to crawl out of the base through the hole by the servicepoint and touched of th satchells. After that, you have to go full out rambo through gunfire and plant behind the gas station.A full out sprint to the rendeavouz point finished the mission.

Edited by BoltboxerPro

Jackal can be completed on Veteran and Expert with only one save game without too much trouble, but much tense crawling. Enemies are patrolling around, so it is likely one spotted you on your side of the wall. They are on high alert, and will spot you by hearing you, not just seeing you. You can plant all charges and leave the area up the slope before you blow them. No need to shoot anyone inside the base other than one or two of the tower guards far from the main gate on your approach. This is a stealth mission and will keep you quite busy for a few hours.

Yep as OMAC says it's a relatively easy mission, but don't expect AI to be stupid like in every other shooter with "stealth". And be patient.

I completed it on my first try believe it or not. Remember that much like humans AI also reacts to the speed of your movement, not just stance/noise. When you are close to AI positions you want to crawl as slowly as possible. Naturally looking around with ALT.

Jackal can be completed on Veteran and Expert with only one save game without too much trouble, but much tense crawling. Enemies are patrolling around, so it is likely one spotted you on your side of the wall. They are on high alert, and will spot you by hearing you, not just seeing you. You can plant all charges and leave the area up the slope before you blow them. No need to shoot anyone inside the base other than one or two of the tower guards far from the main gate on your approach. This is a stealth mission and will keep you quite busy for a few hours.

Interesting point. At the time I was detected, I was crouched and moving slowly (Not the low run thing) towards the gas station, and when I was spotted I just detonated and made a run for it. However, there weren't any patrols nearby, or else they would have been shooting at me from the left/right.

For me, crawling (often slowly, using shift), not crouching, has always been necessary for max stealth in that mission, especially near the gas station.