Sign in to follow this  
jsmuk

MyBB Squad.XML managment plugin

So I am in the process of starting a community with a few people. Till recently we had been manually editing our Squad.XML file every time we wanted to add a new person to it or change any little detail

I felt it would be a good idea to be able to automatically manage it with a forum plugin for our forum software of choice (MyBB). Kinda inspired by the person who did something similar for phpBB.

So without much further ado I preset mySquadXML.

Its a very simple plugin for MyBB which automatically generates a SquadXML from the forums user list if they are in certain groups.

I am mostly posting it here as I would like some feedback as I have not written any PHP for a few years and am a bit rusty. But also I am hoping that it might be of use to anyone else out there who is running MyBB.

So the readme is here and it can be downloaded here

Source code can be viewed here

Screenshots of how it implments it self:

profile.png

admincp.png

So there it is, I would love to have feedback/comments/suggestions from anyone.

(Note to mods etc: I was not sure if this belonged here or in the Multiplayer forum

ooh! Very useful! too bad mybb is not widely used like SMF or phpbb2/3, planning to make some plugins for them as well?

Great work! way easier then editing, uploading when you can do it on the forums and click save :)

Edited by Sakai

ooh! Very useful! too bad mybb is not widely used like SMF or phpbb2/3, planning to make some plugins for them as well?

Great work! way easier then editing, uploading when you can do it on the forums and lick save :)

Well I am trying to sharpen up my PHP skills again so I might consider writing plugins for other forum software in the near future. After all, the logic is exactly the same its just the weird little "features" of each softwares plugin system that I would need to adjust for.