Sign in to follow this  
rds100

Elevator

Hi everybody! Please, who works with modeling, watch my project of elevator model, or a lift. Dont pay attention to textures, i will make them later. I made a lift, made animation, it works, goes up and down, but there are some little problems.

1. A buttons of animation start. They are somewhere down, when lift is rising up, buttons disappear.

2. AI-unit can only to go down on it, but not to rise up, they fall down, when lift goes up.

Here is it: http://rghost.ru/43422166

Who can help, advice something, how to correct that?

Edited by rds100

Lifts (moving ground or moving floors) do not work very well in ArmA. Never have. Falling through the lift floor is a very common problem

Gnat;2288967']Lifts do not work very well in ArmA. Never have.

Ehe-he.. What to do? :(

Not much you can do as its essentially an engine thing. They can work, but its nothing you'd call reliable.

1. A buttons of animation start. They are somewhere down, when lift is rising up, buttons disappear.

If I understand you correctly, you mean that the action for 'up' appears fine when the lift is on the ground floor, but the action dissapears when the lift is on the next floor? Have you remembered to use a memory point for your action menu options, and ensured that memeory is also selected as part of the lift that moved up and down, otherwise the actions will not 'follow' the lift up.

that memeory is also selected as part of the lift that moved up and down, otherwise the actions will not 'follow' the lift up.

Yes-yes, I about that. I just dont know exactly, how to attach points in memoryLOD to the moving parts of model (in my case, moving part is the whole model). What I should to do, and in what LOD? I've been working in O2 not long time, I only know, how to set some divided points in memoryLOD, but how to attach?

It can be saw better in model, I gave a prooflink. Number of floors is 10. So, from 1 to 5 floor actions are perfect, but they always exactly under floor of a lift. But from 5 to 10 floor it is rather hard, to "catch" anims, and in last, 10th floor, player cannot anims at all, they disappear, Yes, by some reason, points dont follow to the model, they stay in the 1st floor level. I copied and pasted all model from 0 LOd to memoryLOD, selected one point in model, and named it like "knob" or so on, as in cofig.cpp in line "position":

class OpenDoors4

{

displayName = "5et";

position = "knob";

radius = 300;

onlyForPlayer = 0;

condition = "this animationPhase ""lift1"" <= 0.4";

statement = "this animate [""lift1"", 0.4]";

};

It doesnt work, button stay down. Then I copy 10 points "knob" in MemoryLOD, and set them in the each floor level, selected all 10, and named them, but this method doesnt work too. I think, it would better to ask, and to put model to the forum. Maybe, there is some simple mistake, which I've passed.

Edited by rds100

You just (double) name the memory points the same name as the elevator main part.

Everything with the same name moves.

Gnat;2290036']You just (double) name the memory points the same name as the elevator main part.

Everything with the same name moves.

OK, understood, but how it will be in my example? In it, in 0 LOD, and in memory LOD there is selected part "lift1", as in GeoLOD. I should select and name a point "knob" also in all these LODs? Or, I should rename

position="knob"

to

position="lift1"

in config.cpp?

Stop. I forget something. In a real lift exists 2 types of buttons - static, on each floor, and dynamic, inside of the lift box. Now I've made only buttons in lift, but even they doesn't work well. And what about buttons in floors? How to make them?

Edited by rds100

Cant really picture how you constructed it .......

But suspect you need an SEPARATE useraction for every floor, with every floors buttons having a different naming for your buttons/memory points.

lifts in Arma engine ? impossible on this engine like ladders on car like turret on airplane like bulletproof vest which stands 10 pistol bullets but breaks under 1 rifle bullet