Sign in to follow this  
mr. bravo

Swedish Army Mod (SAM) Public Beta

You woldent love them IRL, they weigh about 5 kg :D but still they are pretty awsome if you dissreguard the weight. Still KSP90 is probably my favorit from the swedish arsenal!

Now to why I realy whanted to post:

I love the looks of this mod, but as I am a non ACE user it kinda sucks not being able to play it for the awsomness it it.

Wold love to hear if you ever will be releasing a non ACE version?

NVM just read an answer for someone ells.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145610-Swedish-Army-Mod-(SAM)-Public-Beta&p=2287431&viewfull=1#post2287431

SFP works without ACE http://sfp.granq.se/downloads

Yes thanks for the links, I already played that mod a million times :) This just looks cleaner with less buggs etc. Just culdent stand it when the Stridsvangn 122 drove over a rock and just turned upp side down from some weird bug :D might be solved by now?

Yes thanks for the links, I already played that mod a million times :) This just looks cleaner with less buggs etc. Just culdent stand it when the Stridsvangn 122 drove over a rock and just turned upp side down from some weird bug :D might be solved by now?

Nope that is an Arma 2 issue. I once drove an Abrams tank over a small rock and got launched over 500 meters.

Hi SAM team,

wanted to say that I love your mod, it does bring not only nice units and equipment but also great features.

There is however a little issue I also wanted to bring to your attention, at the least to not let it slip through the net.

When one does place a group in the editor, the following error message pops up (with -showScriptErrors on, of course) and the Team Leader doesn't show up.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.sam_inf_m90_teamleader'.

Warning Message: No entry '.icon'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

The error seems to be located in the sam_soldiers's cfg where the groups are made of a sam_inf_m90_teamleader or a sam_inf_m90k_teamleader unit, while none exists and probably should be sam_inf_m90_tl and sam_inf_m90k_tl.

Hope it helps.

Hi SAM team,

just noticed a little issue in sam_soldiers_gear's cpp:

sam_inf_m90_rb and sam_inf_m90k_rb classes have their respawnWeapons parameter set to "sam_ak5c_aim","m136","sam_rb57", which probably should be "sam_ak5c_aim","glock17_EP1","sam_rb57" instead.

Hope it helps.

Don't know if you guys plan on continuing development but if you do:

you probably keep up on your country's defence news but in the case you missed it, the Swedish seem to have developed a air-burst hand grenade, by the looks of it they seem enthusiastic so it may come into use, particularly if you plan to continue into Arma 3

Article+Video of its use: http://www.fmv.se/sv/Nyheter-och-press/Nyheter-fran-FMV/Hoppande-handgranat/

What i find interesting is that supposedly the fragments lose enough velocity that after 30m it can't penetrate regular clothing.

Might be interesting to use with ACE frag.

Hi SAM team,

just noticed a little issue in sam_soldiers_gear's cpp:

sam_inf_m90_rb and sam_inf_m90k_rb classes have their respawnWeapons parameter set to "sam_ak5c_aim","m136","sam_rb57", which probably should be "sam_ak5c_aim","glock17_EP1","sam_rb57" instead.

Hope it helps.

Hi SAM team,

wanted to say that I love your mod, it does bring not only nice units and equipment but also great features.

There is however a little issue I also wanted to bring to your attention, at the least to not let it slip through the net.

When one does place a group in the editor, the following error message pops up (with -showScriptErrors on, of course) and the Team Leader doesn't show up.

The error seems to be located in the sam_soldiers's cfg where the groups are made of a sam_inf_m90_teamleader or a sam_inf_m90k_teamleader unit, while none exists and probably should be sam_inf_m90_tl and sam_inf_m90k_tl.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for the reports. We're considering making an update to fix this, and some other things. Depends on if we manage to draw our attention away from A3 for a for a day :P The process of re-packaging/binarizing, quickly testing things, re-uploading and re-posting on forums/sites and all that is what takes time, so unless it's something critical, we feel there has to be enough fixes/addons to be worth the effort.

Take the chance to list any other awkwardness or minor requests that we could add for the update, and we'll consider it. Of course not completely new models and such, but things that could easily be added through configs or added/fixed on models/textures. We don't use this in singleplayer much ourselves, and neither does SSG Clan who's been helping with internal testing, so that's an area where I'm sure we can improve with feedback from you guys.

Hi guys,

You can download SAM config for LEA right now (Install new Addons -> Repository). The faction is SE (SAM)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z155/Bazooca1/lea_sam_addon_zpsa31cab22.png

Enjoy ;)

That's awesome :D Thank you for your support!

Don't know if you guys plan on continuing development but if you do:

you probably keep up on your country's defence news but in the case you missed it, the Swedish seem to have developed a air-burst hand grenade, by the looks of it they seem enthusiastic so it may come into use, particularly if you plan to continue into Arma 3

Article+Video of its use: http://www.fmv.se/sv/Nyheter-och-press/Nyheter-fran-FMV/Hoppande-handgranat/

What i find interesting is that supposedly the fragments lose enough velocity that after 30m it can't penetrate regular clothing.

Might be interesting to use with ACE frag.

Yeah, we talked about that a couple of months a go, and are definitely keeping up with the latest news about equipment and development ;) We wont make this for A2, but it will definitely be something to experiment with in A3 later this year, with or without ACE3. It's a very cool concept and would be perfect for A3 now that grenade-throwing is on a completely new level. I really hope it can be done!

Glad to be helpful Mr. Bravo.

here is an ongoing changelog of a revision I made on SAM for my squad's private addon pack.

• sam_pilot_gear, sam_soldiers_gear, sam_snipers_gear

- "ACE_Earplugs", "ACE_GlassesTactical" and "ACE_GlassesLHD_glasses" added to each and every classes.

- plus "ACE_Map_Tools" and "ACE_DAGR" to Platoon Commander, TeamLeader, Forward observer, Pilot and Spotter classes.

- plus "ACE_Kestrel4500" to Sniper and Spotter classes.

- sam_inf_m90_rb and sam_inf_m90k_rb: respawnWeapons: "sam_ak5c_aim","m136","sam_rb57" ->"sam_ak5c_aim","glock17_EP1","sam_rb57"

- backpack = ""; (so units doesn't spawn with a bag they inherit from their "parents", eg. from US_Soldier_EP1)

• sam_soldiers_gear, sam_misc

- m136 replaced by ACE_M136_CSRS

• sam_soldiers

- fixed GROUP's issues (was using non-existing classnames*)

- deleted clones set West side, since vehicles are on Guer side anyway

- changed group's side (from West to Guer, since their side is 2, not1)

- deleted sf groups to prevent any mistake, as they were using non-existing classnames

Detailed changelog (original on the left side):

Old vs New classnames:

sam_inf_m90_teamleader -> sam_inf_m90_tl

sam_inf_m90_rifleman -> sam_inf_m90_soldier

sam_inf_m90_at_rifleman -> sam_inf_m90_at

sam_inf_m90_ksp90 -> sam_inf_m90_ar

Same deal with their k variant (k for öken I assume?).

• sam_backpacks, sam_backpacks_acre

- changed "Combatbag 2000 Radio" & "Combatbag PRC-117F"'s weight to 8.72 Kg (was 2.5)

I plan to add a RTO class, PRC-148 to Leaders and so forth, it will make them ACRE dependent though (which is not an issue in my own case sine ACRE is included in our pack anyway).

Hope it helps

Edited by Kawa

Please can you fix the sqauds if you are not going to continue work with this mod, as it would really be helpful and makes this mod a lot better as this is pretty much the only swedish mod as the other one is unplayble (CTD's on all the time >:( )

Hi! Any updates on the CV9040A tank? I love to try it out! Can you add AA ammo for it to? And a possebility to Increse/decrese the range of Radar Range and make it have Ground/A-A Radar Modes as well? Just add the Radar Dome and maybe a different Turret,one with 2 guns in one Turret,;)

or just Proximity Fuses to the ammo,fired in a triangle, bursts of 3 rounds.

Tnx Johan

Edited by Teddybear1