Sign in to follow this  
mr. bravo

Swedish Army Mod (SAM) Public Beta

samlogga3_gr_hr.png

Hello guys, long time no see :D

The day is finally here, we’re releasing our Beta to the public! This is more or less the complete package of our current ingame material, all fully functionable and playable. Keep in mind though that this is still much unfinished, and will never be finished for Arma2. We will keep it updated with bug-fixes and maybe some experimental systems, but other than that I can not say that our eyes are focused on anything else but Arma3 and new exiting content for a new awesome generation (Which have been the case for the past 6 months already). This was mainly fixed, tweaked and released now because we didn't want to just throw it away eventhough it's not finished, and because there have been many requests about it on various forums while we went underground.

SAM require Combined Operations, as well as ACE2, ACEX and CBA.

For serious people we have also put an experimental ACRE “Combatbag 2000″ in an optional folder within @SAM\Addons\Optional, which contains two files that will have to be copied into your @SAM\Addons-folder in order to be available ingame. Use this ONLY if you are using ACRE!

Also, documentation is available in your @SAM-folder, which contains a PDF-document for how to use Falken SUAV and KSP58 buddyreload. Credits-file contain a list of content, classnames, credits and contact, anything you should need.

And just before anyone asks, Sweden is available in the Independent faction nowadays!

Download

Check our Download-section at SAM Studios, and I will add any other mirrors here whenever I see them.

Armaholic Mirror

Contents:

-3 new soldiers (Many variants), new crew, pilots/gunners and snipers for desert (M90k) and forest (M90).

-About 46 weapon variants, including AK4, AK5, KSP90, G36, KSP58, GRG M/86 and more, as well as new grenades and ammunition.

-Multiplayer buddy-reload for

and
(ACE interaction system).

-

(ACE interaction system).

-4 new Combatbag 2000 backpacks (Standard, heavy, medic, radio).

-4 variants of AMV/Patgb360, available in green and desert.

-2 variants of HKP10b (Armed and unarmed), available in grey and green.

-2 variants of HKP16, grey and green.

-C130 Hercules and of course a swedish flag! Also some things I probably forgot.

The awesome list of credits to any contributors (Please contact me if you know we forgot anyone):

HKP10: Operation Frenchpoint http://operation-frenchpoint.com/

G36, KSP58, KSP90 and KSP90b

Models: Vilas

Textures (G36) BIS

LRR/PSG 10

Models: OOPz

Textures: OOPz, da12thmonkey (UKF)

CPP Programming: da12thMonkey (UKF)

Sounds: Messiah (UKF), da12thMonkey (UKF)

Hand anims: da12thMonkey (UKF)

Model.cfg: TeRp (BWMOD), Rock (RKSL Studios)

Testing and bug fixing: OOPz, UKF team, VOLCBAT

bipod folding script: norrin (AAW)

ACE 2 sight adjustment

calibration: Q1184 (ACE)

Special Thanks: Jonny (UKF),

Rock (RKSL Studios),

Gordo (Accuracy International),

Tony Hoare (Plain Military),

Australians At War mod team,

SF soldiers

Generic SF addon Nixo

Models Johannes

RB57

Model and config BIS

TP84

Model and config BIS

AG90

Model and config BIS

AK4

Model Christian.1987 & Fallschirmjäger

GRG m86

Model, textures The Sunn

AK5 /GRT/Aimpoint

Model, textures Gustav Embretsen

AK5 sound Plöen

AK5

Help with animated AK5c magazine. HD Läppli from Switzerland Mod

Help with AK5c handgrip animations Norrin from Australians at War

Special thanks

SSG Clan - Testing, active feedback and forums

Full quality picture

samreleasebis_zps592eb323.jpg

Edited by Mr. Bravo

@Mr. Bravo

Congrats on a new release, its always nice to see a new faction. :)

Oh hell yes! Been eagerly waiting for this badass mod to get released. And imagine the look of shock and surprise this morning when I saw it has today! :O Woohoo, can't wait to try it out and update some coop missions to use it. :D

need no ACE version

Make one yourself then?

need no ACE version

To be honest if the mod's dont plan doing no ACE version, all I can say, I understand their pain... re configuring everything just to do non ACE is a big pain in the arse!

need no ACE version

I think that we will most likely never make a non-ace version, when we started this project the base was it will be dependent on ACE2 and use a lot of their functions and stuff making it so that much of stuff are ACE dependent to work.

there are however a workaround i just tested, i removed the (sam_grenade, sam_grg, sam_grg_system, sam_misc) pbo files and it started up without errors you will still get some minor messages etc but a lot of the stuff works vanilla to but it do require @CBA with this and there might be things that wont work, and we probably wont give any support to make it work for vanilla OA.

Thanks guys :D I added Armaholic mirror to first post.

Also, I forgot to mention the GRG m/86 fuse system which will give players the ability to set a timer for their shot to detonate in the air at a certain distance. This is very handy if your target is hidden behind buildings or walls, or if you want to increase the area of damage to take down several light targets at the same time.

an older demonstration video that some of you have probably seen already, but it's basically still the same.
need no ACE version

Well that's what SAM has been built upon from day one and one of it's main points of existence. It's great for standardized additional interaction menus and other features to add for functionality and realism, instead of having to reinvent the wheel. It was a bit hard to keep up with their updates up until last year when they finally calmed down a bit :p But now Nordin seem to have all his awesome scripts fully working again, along with backpacks, weapons and vehicles that are fully configured for ACE with Stiltman. But in the future we will have a standalone-version available as well, not for A2/OA though.

Edited by Mr. Bravo

Grymt!

Would it be possible to have the Carl Gustav and KSP58 together as a separate download? I'd love the ability to add a smaller mod to our preset to add some Swedish goodness without having to download the entire thing, and I'd be thankful if I could simple call for the classnames.

Grymt!

Would it be possible to have the Carl Gustav and KSP58 together as a separate download? I'd love the ability to add a smaller mod to our preset to add some Swedish goodness without having to download the entire thing, and I'd be thankful if I could simple call for the classnames.

Classnames are in the credits.txt in the archive.

Grymt!

I don't mind separating these systems from the full package as light optionals, but this is completely up to Nordin, since he's the creator of these scripts and will have to be the one doing it. I'll bring the request to the round table.

Classnames are in the credits.txt in the archive.

I said that if it's possible to have the Carl Gustav and KSP58 together as a separate addon, I would only need to be able to call for their respective classnames.

I don't mind separating these systems from the full package as light optionals, but this is completely up to Nordin, since he's the creator of these scripts and will have to be the one doing it. I'll bring the request to the round table.

Cool, appreciate it!

Edited by Panimala

Grats on the release, been fun testing it.

I said that if it's possible to have the Carl Gustav and KSP58 together as a separate addon, I would only need to be able to call for their respective classnames.

Oops, sorry. I misunderstood. :)

Cool, appreciate it!

We will not create standalone versions for now because of dependency on textures from different addons in almost all weapons. What you can do is to keep the things you want (sam_grg, sam_grg_system, sam_ksp58, sam_core, sam_ak5 and maybe sam_ag90) and try if that works. If you get a error, add the addon needed.

You will be able to cut down on the size of the pack a bit at least....

Great work guys downloading now :)

Oh dear I love those Swedish FN FNC's ((AK5))

You woldent love them IRL, they weigh about 5 kg :D but still they are pretty awsome if you dissreguard the weight. Still KSP90 is probably my favorit from the swedish arsenal!

Now to why I realy whanted to post:

I love the looks of this mod, but as I am a non ACE user it kinda sucks not being able to play it for the awsomness it it.

Wold love to hear if you ever will be releasing a non ACE version?

NVM just read an answer for someone ells.

Edited by 3inar

Good release guys, some very nice work. :)