Sign in to follow this  
slatts

The boozer!

Had this one on Saturday.

beer_93354.jpg

Old Crafty Hen by Morland.

Branded as old time ale. Color or liquid in bottle, label and appearance bring the images of whisky. It has very mature and fine taste, with vanilla malty aromas and oak barrel aromas. Finish is nice and warming as the alcohol goes down the throat (6,5% strong ale).

“Old Crafty Hen†is a remarkable blend of two spectacular beers, the inimitable “Old Speckled Hen†and the absolutely unique ‘Old 5X’, a dark, fruity 12% abv ale that has matured for up to two years in 100 barrel oak vats. At 6.5%abv,

Blended and vatted beer is very unusual thing to do, but sure it works well. Great beer for rainy and cold days. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/morland-old-crafty-hen-bottle/93354/

Slatts, Molson is lovely! I especially like Molson Golden.

Robinsons Brewery has recently released The Trooper (see my post a few pages back), can't wait to try it, unfortunately the nearest pub that has it on draught is across the water (Wirral).

Across the water, get on that ferry :). I might have to take a trip up to the Wirral to try some :)

Edited by R0adki11

Lol, I've been down Chester way a few times. Never found a pub that suits me in town though. I normally just come down to walk the walls or sit by the weir. Yeah, I may just take the train to Ellesmere Port and walk the rest of the way. Would have to be a day where I have a few nights off (night shift).

I've found Tesco to be a good source of "different" beers!

Which good Irish/Scottish or even Viking-ish boozer can one suggest to get drunk and wake up without a headache? Need something really guuuud for zeh weekend... :D

You can avoid headaches by drinking a good liter of water before going to bed.

I concur !

How ever many pints of alcohol I've drank, half in water before bed for me. Works every time :P

Cant say that I've had anything that HASN'T given me a hangover. Prevention is the key I guess. But if your question is "Whats a good drink", well there are a few suggestions Talisker 18 yrs, Lagavulin 16 yrs, Glenlivit (preferably the longer aged ones). Thats it for whiskey, but if you want to try something completely different, I suggest Gammeldansk. Hard to clarify what it is, but has a very "herbal" taste.

Cant say that I've had anything that HASN'T given me a hangover. Prevention is the key I guess. But if your question is "Whats a good drink", well there are a few suggestions Talisker 18 yrs, Lagavulin 16 yrs, Glenlivit (preferably the longer aged ones). Thats it for whiskey, but if you want to try something completely different, I suggest Gammeldansk. Hard to clarify what it is, but has a very "herbal" taste.

Tonight amosgt a wide arry of shots and cocktails I had this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulaner_Brewery yeah tasted good and did the trick....drunk SLatts strikes the BI forums again!

I would recommend Black Bush whiskey, one of the finest I've ever had. :)

Right now that I can string a sentence together coherently :P Paulaner was a pretty sweet beer, 5.5%, nice sweet and smooth taste to it

302%5C5051140751302%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

0/10, I strongly recommend not touching that even with a barge pole

Had some Blanche de Namur today. Great light beer. Lives a pleasant yeast aftertaste. Although the amount of foam you get while poring can catch you by surprise.

Had some Blanche de Namur today. Great light beer. Lives a pleasant yeast aftertaste. Although the amount of foam you get while poring can catch you by surprise.

It's a very nice beer (taste a bit of lemon), fare better than the Blanche de Hoegaarden. If you have the opportunity, you should try La Chouffe.

Jeffers, You always take your life into your own hands when you buy Tesco's Own! Probably makes good drain cleaner or paint stripper though!

Was looking for Appleton's Jamaican Rum in ASDA the other day, no joy! Their Estate Rum is Awesome!

Hmm, those Scots do make some damn tasty whiskeys - next time we will test the older ones.... No hangover because of we got a nice meal before boozertime. :)

For those that may be interested in the new Trooper Beer:

Trooper hits Morrisons in the UK!

30 May 2013 11:52:00 BST

Great news for TROOPER fans in the UK!

We're very pleased to announce that Morrisons will be stocking TROOPER!

Some of you may have already found it in your local store, but if not then don't worry - it takes a couple of weeks to filter out from the distribution centre to stores all over the country, so you should be seeing it very soon.

You can find your local Morrisons by using the Store Finder at http://www.morrisons.co.uk/

Anyone know what the name of the Pilsner they were drinking in the livestream? ;)

Slatts ze Beerlands got different Pilsner beer styles - most known are Czech-style "Pilsner Urquell", "Staropramen" and German-style: "Jever", "Veltins" and "Warsteiner" - of course you need to taste them all to find the one or two or three you like! Sorry no shortcuts can be made - please start with "Pilsner Urquell" !! Livestream "Slatts is tasting all Pilsners" would be great.... :D

Sounds like a great idea!

Just tried Japanese Sapporo beer, tastes amazing :D

Too bad notwhere to be found in UK shop shelf's, ordered it with my food lol

Edited by Sakai

Too bad notwhere to be found in UK shop shelf's, ordered it with my food lol

They sell it at Morrisons up here, along with some other Japanese beers like Kirin Ichiban and Asahi. I prefer the taste of Asahi out of the three.

The look and feel of the Sapporo can design is pretty awesome though.