Sign in to follow this  
slatts

The boozer!

single single when available ;)

All of them! :811:

Headed to my local tonight (quiz night).

I've been to that pub actually (remember it said something about being Ringo Starr's boozer above the window).

Do they do Cains? I went to a pub somewhere in Liverpool in the vacinity of Albert Docks that did a whole bunch of Cains ales like FA, Dark Mild etc. but can't remember if it was that one. Have a few pints of the mild if they do; it's only 3% so should keep your mind fairly sharp for the quiz.

I spent part of today drawing up plans for a sneaky wine rack, someone recommend me a good red?

I've been to that pub actually (remember it said something about being Ringo Starr's boozer above the window).

Do they do Cains? I went to a pub somewhere in Liverpool in the vacinity of Albert Docks that did a whole bunch of Cains ales like FA, Dark Mild etc. but can't remember if it was that one. Have a few pints of the mild if they do; it's only 3% so should keep your mind fairly sharp for the quiz.

Yeah, It was on the cover of Ringo's album Sentimental Journey. Its in Toxteth (Dingle). Ringo lived on Madryn Street, which would be to the right and behind the photographer. They serve Carling, Tetley, Strongbow and Guinness.

The Caines brewery is just down the street, but you don't often see it in the pubs. Yet you can find it in Tesco.

Daniel,

While not a posh red, a nice chilled Lambrusco (£7 @ Tesco) is nice! I always get a bottle when I make an Italian dish.

Edited by Stang69
didnt want to double post

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/144/cac373a41844408bb696cd16f5a1a4c4/l.pg

Headed to my local tonight (quiz night). Guinness, Cider or Lager? Hmm, Choices, Choices :)

Cider all the way!!!

Even better, half a pint of cider poured into a pint glass (make sure they measure the half pint out in a half pint glass)

Then double vodka and a can of red bull = bang on a pint!

I need some help from the Dane's on this forum. I once bought a very herbal flavored beer out of Netto. If I recall it was not flavored beer, but the ingredients used in it's brewing process gave it that distinctive pine/herbal taste. Can anyone help me out with a name or maybe something similar?

Now that I have a steady flow of income I must try out a few of these :D

As of right now, a 2-4 of bud light lime(by now ya'll know I'm canadian). It's cheap, except for the fact the govt jacked up beer by 2 bucks a 12. anyway, it goes down easy, ya can drink box after box and no vomiting. plus when the ladies are around the chug a lug... sometimes more than a lug and ya gotta run and get more hehe everyone like it ya cant go wrong, great party drink. as for my personal fav, Erdinger Weisbrau.... or something like that, it German, its great, and even better when cold. goes right to your head hehehe

For me the best for chillin while playing on pc is Tom Collins with Bombay Sapphire Gin

:)

~I don't always drink a beer but when I do....

Just great stuff can definitely recommend!

4966117-Budejovicky_Budvar_Czech_Republic.jpg

and best tequila I've ever had - silver pepe lopez

TEQUILA-PEPELOPEZ.jpg

Someone recommend me an all natural cider please. :D

I'm not much of a cider drinker but Ross on Wye Cider & Perry Company do some good, properly made ciders (and perry)

https://www.facebook.com/Rosscider

Not sure how easy it'd be to get hold of if you're not from the UK though

Some time ago a new law has been introduced in my country, so the result is that all the alcohol sales (including beer that now is concidered as alcohol too:mad:) are prohibited from 10:00 PM till 8:00 AM:mad: Damn, why???

I cant help but always go for SOL & lime, just a perfect summer BBQ drink.

Some time ago a new law has been introduced in my country, so the result is that all the alcohol sales (including beer that now is concidered as alcohol too:mad:) are prohibited from 10:00 PM till 8:00 AM:mad: Damn, why???

By law here, All shops must stop the sale of alochol and Off-License premises must close at 10PM. They can open at 10AM and 12:30PM and Sundays and Bank holidays.

24/7, 365 at any given gas station or food store here. :D

By law here, All shops must stop the sale of alochol and Off-License premises must close at 10PM. They can open at 10AM and 12:30PM and Sundays and Bank holidays.

I wonder if this had resulted to anything except inconvinience for those who are free from duties late and want to buy some bottle of beer and drink it with supper.

Nah, just raid the stockpile in the fridge ;)

Anyone tried Molson? A Canadian beer that went on sale here recently, goes down smooth with a nice crisp taste. A bit like Coors but I would say it's nicer (and cheaper ;) )

I tried some Joker IPA yesterday. Distinct taste from the usual pale ale's I try out. Strangely enough I did taste the hops while most reviewers call it fruity... What I did taste was more of a herbal flavor, which faded away 5 mins in.

Slatts, Molson is lovely! I especially like Molson Golden.

Robinsons Brewery has recently released The Trooper (see my post a few pages back), can't wait to try it, unfortunately the nearest pub that has it on draught is across the water (Wirral).

Nah, just raid the stockpile in the fridge ;)

Anyone tried Molson? A Canadian beer that went on sale here recently, goes down smooth with a nice crisp taste. A bit like Coors but I would say it's nicer (and cheaper ;) )

I tried Molson while I was visiting my relatives in Canada. Great beer, however IIRC it was more expensive than Coors lite, which we drank like crazy. ;)