Sign in to follow this  
zaksle75

NV on Helmet(s) Animation

I get that people want immersion and the such but I've got to agree with BI when they say "priorities". I'd rather BI spends time on the important things so that we have a game that plays well when it's released (remember what Arma2 was like on launch?) than have animations for all the little things.

Games released 5 years ago had <insert here>.
The story of Arma in one succinct sentence.
I get that people want immersion and the such but I've got to agree with BI when they say "priorities". I'd rather BI spends time on the important things so that we have a game that plays well when it's released (remember what Arma2 was like on launch?) than have animations for all the little things.
My personal joke is that for many of the people in this thread, "this specific animation" is higher on their personal priority list than the game not CTDing constantly.

If I understood your message correctly, it already works that way.

When a player has NVG goggles in the NVG slot dedicated for the head , the NVG's will appear mounted on the helmet or if the player is not wearing a helmet, they will be strapped to the players head. When the player turns on NV, the goggles will drop over the players eyes and when their off they will raise.

Check this video out, I have placed a time stamp so you can see the animation.

This confirms this feature. (:

I'd prefer the snap on / off as the footage from E3 showed if the animation doesn't have the character actually grab the NVG and move it into place. Somewhat like this:

The story of Arma in one succinct sentence.My personal joke is that for many of the people in this thread, "this specific animation" is higher on their personal priority list than the game not CTDing constantly.

:D You get used to the CTDing.

..My personal joke is that for many of the people in this thread, "this specific animation" is higher on their personal priority list than the game not CTDing constantly.

So you'd rather see ArmA 3 as arma 2 without CTDing and some other bug fixes, and no new animations?

We're paying the full price, so I want a NEW game. Animations INCLUDING "this specific animation" are part of this era and should be implemented along with other new animations that are not <insert word about arma 2's animations>.