Sign in to follow this  
NoRailgunner

Next VBS competitor- SAGE from LM?

Or is it just another boost/kick for developments @ BIS ? SAGE - Where Gaming Meets Mission Readiness by LockheedMartin:

fRZU41qQ69A

I'm not seeing much if anything that VBS hasn't got (dare I say OFP didn't already have 12 years ago), and I don't see detail like Havok as being crucial to a military simulator.

Their Logo at the end seems quite similar to BI's.

'VBS competitor' is a nice yearly bubble.

Yeah they will make it do some things and it will see some very limited use in some focused military applications and then everybody will forget it ever existed.

Move along.

Wait, that incredible weapon simulation is awesome!! There is a crosshair in the middle of the screen and the weapon is shifted to the right, just as in real life. That is definitely better than Doom 2!

Well everyone likes to have a (bigger) slice of the delicious $$$ milsim cake! Guess LM flight simulators do a better job than BI "flight sim". ;)

Wow, the system requirements for that must be outragiously high, better start saving up for an NVIDIA Titan.

Looks utter shite lol.
Only if compared to ArmA3 or the original Crysis. It looks all right to me, though not the greatest.

Only if compared to ArmA3 or the original Crysis. It looks all right to me, though not the greatest.

Did you see the model's? connected fingers to each other, reminded me of GTA San Andreas straight forward lol

Thought it was an new expansion for rogue spear briefly then :p

Well it all comes down to gameplay I guess.

Pros:

- Microterrain

- Clutter and doors are lusciously shootable

- Civilians don't look glitchy like VBS 2

- Donkeys!

Cons:

- Gun handling is atrocious

- Everything else

LM is getting more potential customers if SAGE does indeed simulating the Land (Arma series), Sea (Ship-sim), Air (Flight-sim) and even the Space (what?) combined together, if they does improve the graphic and comes with the seamless animation system, it will surely being..... revolutionary.

Do you guys all drink Kool Aid or something here? It looked fine to me, and has potential. Will it be good in the end, probably not but maybe. I give it the exact same odds as AMRIII at this point.

Well it all comes down to gameplay I guess.

Pros:

- Microterrain

- Clutter and doors are lusciously shootable

- Civilians don't look glitchy like VBS 2

- Donkeys!

Cons:

- Gun handling is atrocious

- Everything else

Microterrain like that means maps will be really small.