Sign in to follow this  
Tontow

Textures for islands: How do I move a layer so that...

So I'm trying to make an island but the texture layers don't like me. What is happening is that the layers keep placeing themselfs at the bottom instead of on top.

How do you rearrange the layers?

Found it, I was not Hitting B after I put the texture down.

"SuperTexture has crucial influence for correct displaying of layer material (color is heavily taken from supertexture).

This means you have to recalculate super texture ( shortcut is "B" key ) after you draw layer material to see it correctly (especially at first time when the default texture (orange one) is everywhere ) "

Having to hit B all the time makes painting textures by hand near impossable because you can not actavaly see the result of your work. It is like painting a picture with invisible ink.

E key Show/hide debug layer (material tool has to be selected), it will help you see what you're painting with current material, but it will not help you see the final picture, but ... it's really better.

yes, it's better...... than nothing at all.

The bug is that it looks like it is painting, but it just is not painting on top.

IE: I put down some grass and then hit B. Then I put down some snow and I can see hints of white poke throught from below grass, but the snow wont show up on top unless I hit B. It's hard to see on smaller screens, but I have my computer hooked up to a big screen T.V. :)

So it's trying to work, but its just putting the layers in the wrong place when you paint.