Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 101334 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

Haven't seen it mentioned in the changelogs but just noticed that this pesky old "auto stand-up" bug finally is fixed!

Correction! Just tried it again and this time made sure I did not run any other mods and this auto-stand problem is still there in stock A2:OA :/

Now I just have to figure out what addon supposedly fixed it!

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/65438

Edit 2: Figured out the addon responsible and it is slx_anim_steeplying.pbo made by Solus.

Kudos to you Solus and now we have a workaround but would love to see this fixed in stock A2:OA since I know lots are swearing about it. By the looks of it Solus solution is a config tweak (pbo-file is ~10 Kbytes) so maybe it fit into CCP...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Guess someone who cut the TAB targeting out is also responsible for this.... just someone who didn't made proper tests of his own fixes/tweaks. So much to do, so little time! :whistle:

I thought that the tab locking changes, namely

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29024

won't be implemented until the next full patch. However, it appears that I am wrong, as people are apparently already dealing with the changes. Which is the first beta that contains these changes, if any? Or are people trying out kju's config pbo here:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27763

??? I'm currently on 100296 ("Default" beta).

;2287425']Dont talk trash

Well Kju why don´t you simply show up on your own CCP thread and communicate/discuss/explain some things?

This is already possible, since the number of HC slots is not limited and HCs don't necessarily need to be running on the same machine (although having them "close" is recommended, i.e. on the same local network). Basically this already allows the creation of a clustered server architecture with multiple headless clients running on dedicated systems. An appropriately designed mission could make use of this by deferring AI control to all connected HCs with a relatively simple load balancing algorithm.

I have to wonder if BI has begun implementing the HC functionality for exactly this reason. ;)

Can't wait until someone with an access to enough servers does a massive battle scenario involving thousands of AIs on multiple HCs.

When I fire guns in first person or "GUNNER" view, the empty cartridge seems to appear in the wrong position.

This problem does not occur in third person. Very obvious when using the Scorpion for example (have seen it on a couple of other guns). No mods used.

Can anyone else confirm? If so, I'll open up a ticket on DH.

EDIT:

Vid of what I mean:

FahQIuGWVlk

Edited by Das Attorney

Just tested and it's the same here Das Attorney.

/KC

AI stay too close together if they have to embark/disembark vehicles - awkward delays happen just because AI seem to be "glued" into each other. One may see this "AI stuck into another AI" even on Takistan intro: 2 Ghillie snipers and one is shooting + killing the other from the inside of the other one. Expected: AI should keep their distance to each other - lets say minimum ~0.5m - 1m so they have enough space to turn/move and don't shoot + kill their own teammates/comrades/buddy's. AI medic/corpsman again seem to have some troubles to get to the wounded unit(s) and heal them or AI medic/corpsman stand close to wounded and simply refuse/deny help. Expected: AI medic/corpsman should primarily try to help/heal wounded units. Still AI driving ruthless over friendly units but AI is terrible frightened about driving over rabbits - which often in leads into chaos and damaged/destroyed vehicles incl. wounded/dead units.... :butbut:

We seem to be having some major issues with the latest beta patch and Invasion 1944, it seems like CBA's extended event handlers no longer work so most/all of our features (such as the brand new tank damage system) no longer work at all. Still trying to find out more information on whats actually happening but its a bit out of my depth. Anyone else having issues with their mods?

We seem to be having some major issues with the latest beta patch and Invasion 1944, it seems like CBA's extended event handlers no longer work so most/all of our features (such as the brand new tank damage system) no longer work at all. Still trying to find out more information on whats actually happening but its a bit out of my depth. Anyone else having issues with their mods?

Looks like that some corrections for DayZ and IF44 has been made though... ^^

I hope.

OK something is wrong, Tests on our server showed that everyone has a significant performance drop when multiple MGs shoot at the same time.

To repro:

Get a few guys (10 or so) on a dedi server

Give them Machineguns (doesn´t matter wich ones)

tell them to start shooting

say godbye to frames

Some of our guys report FPS drops from around 50 to something around 20.

We´ll test this with an older Beta ad report back.

I am still getting random weird behaviour. This beta made my simple scripts to spawn suddently around 40 enemy vehiles (if not more) in few seconds. Even the scripts have simple limit set to 2-4 and its only possible for them to spawn 2-4 vehicles per around 10 minutes. The random problem started with 101144. Dosent happen in betas before that.

There is no e.g. while loop that could cause this. The vehicle spawing script is launched in big while loop between heavy sleeping:

sleep (110 + (random 70));
//SLOW REINFORCEMENTS
_nul = [3] execVM "Music.sqf";
if (!isNil"debugi") then {hint "State - Slow Reinf";};
if (random 1 < VarArty) then {_nul = [_posPl] execVM "AIUseArty.sqf";}; 

_nul = [_posPl] execVM "EnemySupport.sqf";
_nul = [] execVM "FriendlySupport.sqf";

if (random 1 < 0.1) then {_nul = [_posPl] execVM "EnemySupport.sqf";};
if (random 1 < 0.1) then {_nul = [] execVM "FriendlySupport.sqf";};
sleep 400;

Whole script with the previous code (this script is launched once from trigger at mission start. Before the suddent problem. It have been working normally. Not yet multiplying anything. Even the state when it spawns the enemy reinforcements had happened around 3 times normally before the wierdness in 4. time):

http://pastebin.com/abwPhBK0

EnemySupport.sqf:

http://pastebin.com/7m9C0QCM

The only script that changes the limit (EVEHMAX) (also triggered once at mission start from trigger):

http://pastebin.com/fZTxmv5s

Init.sqf as extra (many variable are created there with number or empty array):

http://pastebin.com/HsTSbRqm

The whole mission (Whole Lotta War):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132726-SP-MP-Dynamic-Whole-Map-Missions-by-SaOk

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is of course SP mission and I saw the bug while playing from editor. Only mod I had enabled was CBA, but I dont use any functions from that. Grillob3 also mentioned similar bug in ealier beta, here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145355-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-101245-(1-62-MP-compatible-build-post-1-62-release)&p=2286469&viewfull=1#post2286469

Edit: I found an possible issue in my own script. Going to check that. Reporting back if there issue still comes. Sorry if it ended being my own mistake. The problems just wasnt there never with older betas, so I assumed there was bug in new betas. :S

Edited by SaOk

There is definetly something going on with this beta. i've been testing/building a new mission and all was tested and working fine in SP or MP. and tested a few hours at a time. the only things in the mission so far are some crates that are cleared and new inventories cycled every 30 - 60 min, random vehicles and weapons placed around the entire (utes) map [50-60 items total] they also cycle and change locations every 45-70 min, the last thing is a change uniform script. after about 15 min of playing, if u change uniform, the game crashes with "render buffer to small" error. now this all worked fine with no problem or errors of any kind for hours of playing until this beta. i cant honestly say if it started with 101144 because i could not even start the game with that beta. as soon as i clicked 1 menu button in main screen the game crashed to desktop. if i revert back to beta before 101144, all is well, no error or crash in mission. but this current beta seems to have issue of some sort.

Perhaps BIS are only tinkering around with some funky stuff for DayZ/A3 projects and release them with new A2OA betabuilds without prior testing and proper informations (changelogs)/warnings.... From an economic point of view - who cares about the A2OA "crock" if there is a "stallion" or two close by? ;)

Actually now I found why it could happen (before //FAST it should be count Pgroups >= VarPG and there wasnt proper limits in AmbientScoutCar.sqf), but still dont understand why it didnt happen with older beta. :S I will do more testing and report back if still getting the issue. Sorry if this ended being a false alarm. :blush:

Always good to complain, then you find fast to be wrong.

i to am wondering if my "Internal error: Rendering command buffer to small" error is my own fault.. i set the cycle times way down for a stress test just to check any possible errors in the long run. this may have been an issue all along but never noticed because the sleep/cycle times were way higher. :p

I've rolled back my beta version to 100697 and everything in I44 seems to be working just fine again. Any versions after that seem to get progressively worse up to the current build when a large portion of our mods features just do not function at all.

Hmmm, there's nothing in the recent changelog other than the headless client and eyeDir fix. I've been playing vanilla SP without any trouble. Are the people having crashes/broken scripts in SP mode, or only MP?

The problems we've had with I44 are both SP and MP can't really speak for anything else :)

Any further details on the TAB/lock changes? The guy in my front seat is a retard and will not confirm if he has a good lock on the target with F2-2, 50% of the time when I ask him to fire a missile (command fire) it all goes FUBAR? Those things cost money you know and Mrs Habibi is mopping up her collateral killed husband with a sponge! Procedures please?

Do use + have all commander's/gunner's sight the same orange filters for CITV/FLIR or is this just made for balancing/pvp sake?

I think they where changed to match the real world equivalents. Eg Abrams in the real world uses green FLIR for gunner etc. I think it look pretty good, and from what I have seen is accurate.