Gnrl_Grad

Nemisis Mod - improved enemy carrier survivability

He can still ram you, it's not that he tries to but it can happen the odd time if your courses intersect.The attack distances are increased in the mod so it might happen less but when it does happen he tends to steamroll his way through, I debated changing it but which is better? It's not realistic as such but it kinda makes him a bit more interesting and badass if he does ram through the odd time - it's rare but kinda cool scrambling to move your carrier out of a collision course.

I've uploaded the mod again and there is a readme file now included with the database changes.

New version 5.0 uploaded..

This version adds a scrambler to the player carrier and when activated it will help you evade detection by the enemy carrier at medium to long ranges. It is ineffective when close to enemy islands or if the enemy carrier is within close range already and it consumes fuel when activated.

Speices and myself have been working over the last couple of weeks on making both our mods compatible so when he releases his next update to Deadly Islands it should then be possible to combine both mods together using the modmixer tool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imn4k6tzjern2ox/nemisismod.zip

New version 5.0 uploaded..

This version adds a scrambler to the player carrier and when activated it will help you evade detection by the enemy carrier at medium to long ranges. It is ineffective when close to enemy islands or if the enemy carrier is within close range already and it consumes fuel when activated.

Speices and myself have been working over the last couple of weeks on making both our mods compatible so when he releases his next update to Deadly Islands it should then be possible to combine both mods together using the modmixer tool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imn4k6tzjern2ox/nemisismod.zip

WOW !!!! This are great news!!

Cant await it though :)

I do really feel honored that two of the greatest modders of the game spend a lot of time changing their mods to accommodate them to the tool I wrote... I salute you, gentlemen. :)

Eh sounds good mateys. I wish I could track down some of the existing issues and fix them too. (Also I wish I knew C instead of just pascal so I could do everything I wanted to do without it crashing hehe)

It's not that different. At least this scripting version of C, that doesn't have pointers, pointer arithmetic or all that stuff that makes C harder. It's just a different syntax of that of pascal. Quite straightforward translation between both languages.

Thanks so much for making this mod, I am really enjoying it. Except, for some reason now whenever the "there we go, and there it goes" animation plays the game freezes, I have to control-alt-delete to get back to the desktop and the game just shows a frozen white screen. I can tell that an error box popped up but I can't switch over to it to see what it is saying. I've tried reloading and fighting the carrier multiple times but every time after the animation plays the game crashes. He was attacking one of my islands which I time warped to in order to fight him, and previously I had captured his stockpile, not sure if either of those matter. Doesn't sound like anyone else is having this problem. I have beaten him away before and had the escaping animation play before without problem. I wonder if it might be that the guy is so near death that the damage he takes while the animation is playing somehow sinks him during the animation and the game doesn't know how to respond. It's really too bad, this mod has made the game so much better - before just playing strategy mode I would meet the enemy carrier about an hour into the game, kill it and the game would be over.

EDIT: This is the only mod I have on the game, just for clarification.

Gnrl_Grad has not been around in over a year and this has not been updated in that time, so it is not compatible with the latest game versions. He probably lost interest and moved onto other games, so it is unlikely he will come back to it after this length of time.

Just had a game where the carrier did have a very tough loadout.

I chased it off on the first encounter.. barely..

Second time it was on an island right next to my stockpile. Admittedly i went in with an understrength set of mantas. But the enemy carrier had heavy mantas with lasers raking my carrier. - his carrier wiped my plasma gun with impunity. My engines went and he just pommelled me (by now my mantas were all destroyed..). And then i saw his four walruses returning from the island and joined the fight to completely wipe me out.

The pop up menu came saying i was defeated.. i took the option to retry (? or restart .. something like that).. It loaded me back at the point i came out of timewarp at the island. Instead of charging the carrier this time, I moved closer to the island itself and saw his (all heavy) mantas and walruses on the island. The mantas were attacking friendly walruses and his walruses were all bunched at a crossroads. I launched my mantas to try and destroy his walruses on the island thinking i can weaken his forces here before engaging the carrier itself..... my mantas were swatted from the sky by his

walruses with ease.

So i gave up ..lol. clearly i was not in any position to face him.

Edited by jecartas

Lost my old forum account so had to create a new one. Anyway after a long break from the game I finally updated the mod for the latest official patch v1.07.0025 - I've tested the carrier battles quite a bit but have yet to play through a complete strategy game.

If anyone is still playing and would like to try the mod you can download new version below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cy0q9acpr2dts7/nemisismod_for_v1_07_0025.zip?dl=0

v6.0
* Mod is now using latest official updates from patch 1.07.0025
* New changes to enemy carrier retreat behaviour
* Included NoFilmGrainMod by Disorder (if you prefer the grain effect remove textures/noise.dds to restore it)
* Scrambler bridge noise updated so it still works even with NoFilmGrainMod
* Fixed scrambler noise alignment on radar (should display properly now on all resolutions)
* Enemy carrier units should now always have at least some weapon (base game could deploy unarmed units from carrier if chosen armour/weapons not in stock, eg. deploying unarmed mantas/walruses to attack island or player is silly and no fun)
* Enemy carrier can now show mercy when fighting player at islands it doesn't own (makes defending your own islands a bit less risky)

New update which should be pretty solid now. Currently playing through a strategy game and so far so good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1b8a077lgzgxle/nemisismod_6_1_for_v1_07_0025.zip?dl=0

v6.1
* Fixed bug where enemy carrier could get stuck at island forever or until player showed up
* Adjusted angle limitations of main carrier turret to allow for more broadsides but less down angle
* Carrier scrambler min range decreased (makes it more effective) and reduced it's fuel usage to almost nothing.
* Added new warning messages and sounds when scrambler is active and player is detected/not detected
* Various improvements to scrambler and carrier battle and retreat behaviour

Finally completed a strategy game with the mod and made some further adjustments along the way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sydrrvdvglxtz34/nemisismod_6_2_for_v1_07_0025.zip?dl=1

v6.2
* Destroying radar building will prevent island from relaying your exact position to the enemy carrier (when scrambler active)
* Reduced chance of manta reinforcements for enemy carrier at enemy island, the further from island less chance
* The fix for stuck enemy carrier in 6.1 still missed some situation so more anti-stick measure added