Gnrl_Grad

Nemisis Mod - improved enemy carrier survivability

The barque stop bug has been there for a long time (nothing to do with this mod).

New version uploaded v4.2

This is really just a compatibility release to suit the latest game version 1.05.0026 - I haven't had a chance to play a full game yet (hopefully now it's the weekend!) but looking at the script changes the mod should play pretty much as before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imn4k6tzjern2ox/nemisismod.zip

LOL, this Nemisis Mod realy gives my units a challenge. I had to throw everything i had at it even the flak gun, the rockets, the howitzer and torpedoes. And at the end, it managed to sink my carrier. Unbeleivable, but awesome mod. 10 out of 10 :icon_eek:

keep it up Gnrl_Grad.

Ranwer

lol thanks :) you'll need to up your game even more next time ;)

I just had a quick look and there are lots of new changes in the script files so I wouldn't use it with the new beta patch yet. I'm going away tomorrow for a couple of days but will get an updated version uploaded as soon as I can when I get back.

Oo, there's a 1.06 patch. Eagerly awaiting the update to this mod (I won't play without it!)

New version uploaded...

v4.4

* Some changes to enemy carrier attack behaviour

* Enemy carrier no longer twitches left/right in quick succession when approaching player

* Enemy carrier attacks from a bit further away

* Enemy carrier launches mantas from longer range, walruses at same closer range

* Enemy carrier less likely to get stuck in same position mid battle while waiting for rogue units to dock

New version uploaded...

v4.5

* Added chance of critical damage to fuel cells (when badly damaged) - 50% fuel capacity - requires return to stockpile to repair

* Some more minor adjustments to enemy carrier attack pattern

* Enemy carrier now stops for safe undocking of walruses and is much less likely to squash his own units

* Fixed an issue with enemy walruses not being equipped properly

* Removed enemy carrier grenade walrus in favour of other weapons because they are less effective wasting ammo lobbing grenades into open seas far from player carrier

* All enemy carrier walruses now receive ammo boxes for pro-longed fighting vs player carrier

* Fixed an issue with enemy carrier and units getting stuck after capturing a neutral island when player is also at same island

* Carrier Plasma projectile speed and range increased (player and enemy)

* Enemy carrier now fires it's plasma cannon from longer range

* Fire rate and damage reduced slightly on carrier quad guns

* Carrier autopilot speeds and acceleration reduced (player and enemy)

* Barque speed and storage space reduced

With the existing modded armour and new changes to attack pattern, walrus launch, carrier speeds and weapons the carrier battles should be quite a bit different now. The changes to the barque should hopefully make for more decision making with what to send and when. If you receive critical damage your carriers fuel capacity will be reduced to 50% and you will need to return to your stockpile for repairs, a warning message will notify you if this is the case. Still playing and balancing and I've got a few more ideas but this version should be fun to play. Also fixed a bug in 1.06 with enemy carrier walruses always being equipped as capsule walruses and never heavies and I think the neutral island bug mentioned above can happen in 1.06 vanilla as well although it's probably a rare scenario.

New version uploaded. This includes the same carrier rotation bug fix from the slowships mod and also fixes a bug with the new critical damage mechanic.

v4.6

* Fixed a crash when player with critical damage is destroyed

* Implemented fix for carrier rotation bug

Edit:

Deckviews mod is now integrated into nemisis mod - press C,X to cycle carrier views

v4.7

* Fixed critical damage not repairing at stockpile island

* Deckviews mod integrated

Edited by Gnrl_Grad

(Originally posted on Carrier Command Troubleshooting, now transferred here)

Well my game right now is crashing EVERY time(in Strategy Mode)when I destroy the enemy carrier. On the very last hit it switches to a loading screen for half a second, then boops and gives me this error(always)

-------------------

Engine Error

NULL pointer to instance

Class: 'MyGame'

Function: 'OnUpdate'

Stack trace:

scripts/CCGame.c9059

-------------------------

when I click OK the Crash "info" appears saying

-----------------------------

Unhandled Exception

Program: ....\Carrier Command\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 40443a at 98

Script callstack:

Class 'MyGame'

Function: 'OnUpdate'

Stack trace:

scripts/CCGame.c9059

SymGetSyFromAddr:487, addr:0x0040443a

SymGetSyFromAddr:487, addr:0x0040443a

(Press Retry to Debug Info - JIT must be enabled)

--------------------------

It's pretty frustrating, since I like the game very much and was so damn proud that I managed to get the APA carrier destroyed right at the beginning while playing on Nemesis Mod. And then it crashed, then I reloaded and it crashed again and well it won't stop and I don't want to have to give up my precious kill >,<

Do you have a save game that I can use to test? Also are you playing with just nemisis mod or has it been merged any other mods?

Edit: nevermind I can reproduce this crash when enemy carrier is destroyed. Now to find what is causing it.

Edited by Gnrl_Grad

I've uploaded a new version with some bug fixes..

v4.8

* Fixed mod not referencing correct stockpile islands if changed mid-game

* Fixed issue where map would center on carrier instead of selected unit

* Fixed deckviews mouseclick issue that restricted carrier guns to fire in single shots only

* Fixed enemy carrier no longer receives repair assist when fleeing to same island with player present (made him pretty much invincible if fighting him at his last island)

* Fixed some other issues which could cause crashes

A quick thanks to Species who has been helping with bug reports and fixes.

The enemy carrier destroyed crash I'm not sure about. I reproduced it once and then on subsequent tests I killed the enemy carrier without any crash so it could still be in there. If it happens with this version of the mod let me know.

Alright, I now tried sinking the enemy carrier again and this time it went perfectly fluid without any crash or something at all :)

Now I just need to hope that someday I'll be able to have deadly islands and nemesis activated :D

Glad to hear it worked Crotaro.

I've put in some more crash safe guards and some other small changes.

v4.9 main new changes are..

* Added 2 levels of Zoom to deckviews - press Z key to cycle through zoom levels

* More changes to enemy carrier island/carrier attack decisions

* Player carrier can now refuel for free at stockpile island - just stop at island coast to initiate

Edited by Gnrl_Grad

I had deadly islands compatible with your last version, but your changes in this version would stop deadly islands functions working properly :(

Do you know what changes cause problems? I took a different approach with the refueling so both could hopefully co-exist or if not I can make it check for a common variable or something and toggle it off. Let me know if I can change anything to help.

I quite like this mod, does the enemy AI still try to ram you or is that fixed? Also can you please pm me a copy of the changes you make to the dbexport file so I can incorporate tweakmod changes.