Sign in to follow this  
quincy

getting entire building into uv editor is hard

i created a nice 3 story building im having trouble getting all faces of the entire building including stairs, windows, walls etc into the uv etitor i try selecting the entire building and when placed in the uv editor and unwrapped it does not show all of the faces. what are the tricks to going about doing this

are you trying to UV it in O2 unwrap editor or external software?

are you trying to UV it in O2 unwrap editor or external software?

i am using oxygen2

This may not help you any. But, if you are a student, AutoDesk has a great program called Mudbox, and you can get a copy to use if you have a student email account. The only caveat is that you will need to watch youtube videos or read the help me files to figure out how to use it.

I don't know of any special tuts or conversion software out there in this community that addresses how to use it with .obj files. I've actually had to export from O2 in .max format, then open it in 3ds Max....then exported again as .fbx and imported into Mudbox. You can basically use mudbox to paint the object while it's in it's natural 3d shape, and if you have problems painting specific areas, you just hit a button to flatten UV and it unwraps everything for you all on one 2d plane.

I'm still learning it as well, but will post back if I have any further helpful information.

This may not help you any. But, if you are a student, AutoDesk has a great program called Mudbox, and you can get a copy to use if you have a student email account. The only caveat is that you will need to watch youtube videos or read the help me files to figure out how to use it.

I don't know of any special tuts or conversion software out there in this community that addresses how to use it with .obj files. I've actually had to export from O2 in .max format, then open it in 3ds Max....then exported again as .fbx and imported into Mudbox. You can basically use mudbox to paint the object while it's in it's natural 3d shape, and if you have problems painting specific areas, you just hit a button to flatten UV and it unwraps everything for you all on one 2d plane.

I'm still learning it as well, but will post back if I have any further helpful information.

thank you i will try that the hard part will proboly be from mudbox to arma 2.... or can a modbox project be imported to oxygen with all textures applied