Sign in to follow this  
WolfeUK

Update 360

i see that 360 owners still dont have an update to fix all the bugs, achievement's and A.I. ?

this game has being out for months and shocked we still have no update to fix problems we had from when the game was launched,

i understand the pc owners have had numerous updates to try and sort the problems out but surely we deserve at least 1 by now, after all we are paying more than pc owners for the game yet get left behind

i understand you have to pay MS to release an update and i know how much it is, but this game has being sat on my shelf for months collecting dust waiting for it to be fixed

any news on the update would be good thanks......are we even getting an update ? lol

i dont think ive ever seen a slower forum, is this the official one :/ ?

im really wanting some answers from my previous post, sorry for being an ass about it but i posted the same questions months ago and got no response then, i tried my game again yesterday, i really want to play it and enjoy it, but as we've had no updates for it its still unplayable, i keep loosing my equipment cause the A.I are so dumb !!

THIS GAME IS BROKEN........it doesnt work how it was intended !!

so either can we get it fixed or i will try and get a full refund

I would have posted earlier, but trying to register for this forum is a nightmare.

I mean really, some of those questions, what are they thinking.

No wonder there are not many on here.

Anyway, I bought my XBOX version last week and noticed a 4 MB update

when I put the disk in the first time. Not sure if this is the update you mean.

Pathfinding is still frustrating, but not a game killer. Most units do get to where they

are going, but all the dawdling and toing and froing can get them killed.

The game should have a cancel program button, because if you set waypoints for

say 3 x walruses and then one gets into trouble, even if you "suspend" the others and go and

help the stuck one, the others automatically start up and continue on - sometimes into

danger. Very frustrating and like herding cats. I use "assist" most of time in lieu.

Some pleasant surprises. Like when I was being chased in a walrus back to the carrier by 2 enemy walruses.

I was heading across the water to the carrier and the enemy was now following me past the beach

and onto the water. I then noticed large plasma shots overhead and thought oh no, I am screwed.

When I looked up I noticed the carrier was actually defending me and automatically blew away the 2 enemy

walruses. A wow moment.

thats cool Steve, thanks for replying

the update you had was one the released when the game was launched, i think there was a problem with the saves or something

ive lost alot of units due to the pathfinding, i prefer to be in 1 of the units with the other 3 following me, the trouble is when im in a battle and need help

the other 3 units are no where to be seen, i then usually loose the unit i was controlling, only to find the other 3 are just going back an forth,

ive had my carrier pummel a rock till it emptied its entire load of rounds, that was annoying as i had to leave the island and return to get my load back,

plus the dmg it takes for no apparent reason,

all problems i know there working on and think the pc has has some of these fixed already

just want to know if there even looking at fixing this for the 360 or not, if they are i will hold onto it

The reason I bought this was because I heard it had been patched,

but now not for Xbox, oh no. Also because price had dropped to under half.

Well no wonder I am struggling with units getting lost, same as you.

I also use one walrus and have the others follow, but even that is no longer working

as they all seem to get shot up. Currently I take a manta for a recon fly around

to ID enemy positions and then go in lone wolf with a single walrus equipped with the quad gun

and take out the enemy mantas and AA turrets.

I have got so used to this that I almost use this setup exclusively now until I need

the hacking capsule equipped walrus. It takes longer this way but then I don't have to worry

about trying to control 3 - 4 walrus'. I do plenty of user saves. You kind of have to roll around hillsides to

get the quad gun to aim downwards at vehicles.

Well, seeing as they say you can't continue the current campaign with the new patch, I may as

well hold off until they patch it. Hate the idea of starting the campaign all over again. I am probably

half way through.

Why isn't there any news on these forums from BI? Where is the support?

Just as well I bought the game under half price because it is sounds like it

bombed with the general public without the support for Xbox. Shame because

it really is a game with loads of potential.

there is no support, i think its disgusting they dont reply with such a simple answer,

yes or no

ive even sent them emails just asking if theres any update coming out and nothing, no response,

from all the gaming forums ive being in this has to be the worst for responding to your questions

shame because i love the game and refuse to be beaten on it

Hi WolfeUK,

I understand the frustration and apologize for the delayed reply. Until recently, we aimed at releasing a new title update for the Xbox 360. However, I'm afraid we've now reached a point where it is apparent that for several reasons a new title update for the Xbox 360 version of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission is unlikely. I realize that this is not very satisfying, but I hope it at least answers your question.

What reasons are those?

And does that mean you have abandoned the 360 version completely?

Also does this mean you are focusing more on the PC version?

Hi WolfeUK,

I understand the frustration and apologize for the delayed reply. Until recently, we aimed at releasing a new title update for the Xbox 360. However, I'm afraid we've now reached a point where it is apparent that for several reasons a new title update for the Xbox 360 version of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission is unlikely. I realize that this is not very satisfying, but I hope it at least answers your question.

that is a big shame, can i ask why your not releasing an update fro the 360 ??

What reasons are those?

And does that mean you have abandoned the 360 version completely?

Also does this mean you are focusing more on the PC version?

no, that means you lost your money for a bugged game

no, that means you lost your money for a bugged game

I have not lost any money, and if you haven't noticed we are on patch 1.4. Which goes to show they are ironing out the bugs, as well as a welcome update to the game coming soon, I see that they are indeed focusing on the PC game.

they should never have bothered releasing this game on the 360 if there not going to support it, not sure how they can get away with this.....

they should never have bothered releasing this game on the 360 if there not going to support it, not sure how they can get away with this.....

Show me the contract that you have that says that they have to patch the game? Or even patch it in a given time frame?

Oh, really? Don't have it? That is how.

Just take the game back to where you bought it and demand a refund due to selling a broken, unfinished game. You are well within your rights.

Here check this out: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/281679/buggy-game-purchasers-entitled-to-refund/#

I believe it is because of the Xbox platform requiring a VERY large amount of money to be paid, PER patch. It wouldn't be financially viable to release another patch, I reckon. Steam probably has a similar cost but is likely to be lower. Just guessing though.

Either way, now it has been confirmed that the 360 is not going to be fixed, anyone who has had a copy gathering dust on the shelf waiting for it to be fixed can take it back to the shop given the conformation that they are now not going to fix the game. All you have to say is that you were holding out for a promised patch which they have now confirmed is not going to happen, and that you have not played the game because it is unplayable in its current state and under trading stands I am within my rights to a full refund for a broken, unfinished product. Remember their is no time limit on this kind of thing due to a broken promise by the developers. If they try to pull the 30 day shit, tell them that does not apply to you selling an unfinished, unplayable product, and you will find yourself in a heap of shit if I take it to trading standards.

I have not lost any money, and if you haven't noticed we are on patch 1.4. Which goes to show they are ironing out the bugs, as well as a welcome update to the game coming soon, I see that they are indeed focusing on the PC game.
Either way, now it has been confirmed that the 360 is not going to be fixed, anyone who has had a copy gathering dust on the shelf waiting for it to be fixed can take it back to the shop given the conformation that they are now not going to fix the game. All you have to say is that you were holding out for a promised patch which they have now confirmed is not going to happen, and that you have not played the game because it is unplayable in its current state and under trading stands I am within my rights to a full refund for a broken, unfinished product. Remember their is no time limit on this kind of thing due to a broken promise by the developers. If they try to pull the 30 day shit, tell them that does not apply to you selling an unfinished, unplayable product, and you will find yourself in a heap of shit if I take it to trading standards.

Schizophrenia?

At what point did I mention I personally owned the 360 version?

I am glad they are working on the PC updates, but that does not mean those with the 360 version should just go suck eggs. They do have rights.

Hi WolfeUK,

Thank you for the update. I had a feeling this was going to happen but at least its better to know.

Given the current patch on the Xbox 360 and the pre-patched edition, is there any way/work around to unlock the achievements that were fixed in patch 1.03: Face Off, Titanic, Revenge Is Sweet? Maybe there is something in the coding that can allow it to unlock outside of its original unlock conditions? (that are currently bugged)

I would love to put this game in my showcase of completed games but it is not counted as a completed game on Xbox 360 unless all achievements were unlocked.

I think a big part of this problem is that Microsoft charges quite a large sum of money if developers want to put a patch out. I believe some indie dev (the developer of Fez, I think) wanted to patch his game on the XBox 360 once and found out it would cost him something crazy like $10,000 to certify and distribute the patch. I've heard other claims of patches costing around $40,000 to certify and issue for other games.

Assuming $50 per game sold, and assuming that EVERY PENNY of the sale goes straight to the developer (which it doesn't), any patch they issue is worth between 200 and 800 sales. So, if they project they're only going to anger a couple hundred players, then it doesn't make mathematical sense for them to patch it.

Of course, mathematics and economics are two different beasts. Economics is a study of psychology. My guess is that XBox 360 sales weren't good enough to justify them patching that platform. Basically, XBox owners probably didn't show BIS owners enough love, so BIS probably can't justify to itself trying to hold on to a platform that doesn't give them big sales numbers when they've got ARMA 3 in the works sucking up development time.

Long story short, buy a decent quality Steam box if they ever come out. And install Windows on it if it comes with Linux by default. I doubt BIS is going to be part of the first, or even second, wave of developers jumping on the Linux bandwagon. I hate to tell you, but PC is the superior platform, for me at least. I've always figured that if I'm going to spend $500 on a machine to check Facebook, I might as well spend an extra couple hundred to play games on it, too.

I think a big part of this problem is that Microsoft charges quite a large sum of money if developers want to put a patch out. I believe some indie dev (the developer of Fez, I think) wanted to patch his game on the XBox 360 once and found out it would cost him something crazy like $10,000 to certify and distribute the patch. I've heard other claims of patches costing around $40,000 to certify and issue for other games.

Assuming $50 per game sold, and assuming that EVERY PENNY of the sale goes straight to the developer (which it doesn't), any patch they issue is worth between 200 and 800 sales. So, if they project they're only going to anger a couple hundred players, then it doesn't make mathematical sense for them to patch it.

Of course, mathematics and economics are two different beasts. Economics is a study of psychology. My guess is that XBox 360 sales weren't good enough to justify them patching that platform. Basically, XBox owners probably didn't show BIS owners enough love, so BIS probably can't justify to itself trying to hold on to a platform that doesn't give them big sales numbers when they've got ARMA 3 in the works sucking up development time.

Long story short, buy a decent quality Steam box if they ever come out. And install Windows on it if it comes with Linux by default. I doubt BIS is going to be part of the first, or even second, wave of developers jumping on the Linux bandwagon. I hate to tell you, but PC is the superior platform, for me at least. I've always figured that if I'm going to spend $500 on a machine to check Facebook, I might as well spend an extra couple hundred to play games on it, too.

they know how much it costs to patch a game so perhaps in future gaming company's will release a game that works,

im amazed this game ever got released in this condition, they even had to patch it on release date due to corrupt save data, theres no way this game was tested properly or they would have picked that up, so there no one else to blame but them,

as the consumer i do have every right to get a full refund, specially as they've confirmed there no longer going to fix this broken game

all i can say its im shocked and amazed at the outcome of all this, never have i heard a gaming company say there giving up on there broken product, doesnt show me they got any passion or faith in there product, ive personally lost faith in this company and probably wont buy one of there products again, nor will i recommend it to anyone

they know how much it costs to patch a game so perhaps in future gaming company's will release a game that works,

im amazed this game ever got released in this condition, they even had to patch it on release date due to corrupt save data, theres no way this game was tested properly or they would have picked that up, so there no one else to blame but them,

as the consumer i do have every right to get a full refund, specially as they've confirmed there no longer going to fix this broken game

all i can say its im shocked and amazed at the outcome of all this, never have i heard a gaming company say there giving up on there broken product, doesnt show me they got any passion or faith in there product, ive personally lost faith in this company and probably wont buy one of there products again, nor will i recommend it to anyone

Yes you are entitled to a full refund, which is what you should do.

Although they have abandoned the 360 (which in my opinion should have never been released on this platform, its the wrong demographic.), they have not abandoned the PC, which is to some degree a good sign that they care about the game. But you are right, they should have ironed out all the bugs before ever releasing it on a console.

I have the PC version, but I am forced to boot into Windows on my iMac to play it. But this game was awaited with eagerness as I am a fan of the original game.

Hi WolfeUK,

What a joke never buying your games again

does anyone know IF they did ever release an update for the 360 version, they did say unlikely so it wasnt a definite no ?