arma2logotakistani20353c.png

BETA

v0.9.3b

Required addons:

hcpookie's Ships, Naval Mines, and Naval Objects

RobertHammer's HK416 Pack

Vilas' West/Latin America Weapons Pack

Description:

Takistani Armed Forces 2035 - my version of what a possible 2035 (ArmA III timeline) Takistani Army might look like. They sport more recent Russian-made gear and equipment, better vehicles, and new camouflage inspired by the Iranian hexacam camouflage pattern.

Story: In 2035, during the ongoing conflict in the Mediterranean, the Republic of Takistan (formerly the Kingdom of Takistan, before the revolution), allied with the Iranian Republic, pushes to regain control of the island of Capraia.

arma2oa2013012601160285_4.jpg arma2oa2013012601154213_4.jpg arma2oa2013012601190747_4.jpg arma2oa2013012613235373.jpg

arma2oa2013012601175790_4.jpg arma2oa2013012601242006_4.jpg arma2oa2013012601174574_4.jpg arma2oa2013012711182634.jpg

arma2oa2013013000272066.jpg

Features:

Infantry: OPFOR>Takistani Armed Forces 2035>Men (2035)

Armor: OPFOR>Takistani Armed Forces 2035>Armored

Cars: OPFOR>Takistani Armed Forces 2035>Cars

Air: OPFOR>Takistani Armed Forces 2035>Air

Support: OPFOR>Takistani Armed Forces 2035>Support

Ships: OPFOR>Takistani Armed Forces 2035>Ships

Installation:

Put the .pbo file in your ArmA2 AddOns folder. The use of mod folders is strongly encouraged.

Included Files:

takistani_2035.pbo

limnoswater.pbo

Class list (for mission makers):

Faction

TAF_2035

Infantry

TK_Soldier

TK_Soldier_GL

TK_Soldier_B

TK_Soldier_AAT

TK_Soldier_AMG

TK_Soldier_LAT

TK_Soldier_AT

TK_Soldier_HAT

TK_Soldier_AA

TK_Soldier_Engineer

TK_Soldier_MG

TK_Soldier_AR

TK_Soldier_Medic

TK_Soldier_SL

TK_Soldier_Officer

TK_Soldier_Night_1

TK_Soldier_Night_2

TK_Soldier_TWS

TK_Soldier_Crew

TK_Soldier_Pilot

TK_Special_Forces

TK_Special_Forces_TL

TK_Special_Forces_MG

TK_Aziz

TK_Commander

Vehicles/Aircraft

BMP2_TK_2035

BMP3_TK_2035

BRDM2_TK_2035

BRDM2_ATGM_TK_2035

BTR90_TK_2035

GRAD_Base_TK_2035

L39_TK_2035

Mi17_TK_2035

Mi24_P_TK_2035

Mi24_V_TK_2035

ZSU_TK_2035

SHIP_PB_TK_2035

SHIP_AB_TK_2035

SHIP_ML_TK_2035

SHIP_MLG_TK_2035

SHIP_ESC_TK_2035

Su25_TK_2035

T90_TK_2035

2S6M_Tunguska_TK_2035

UAZ_MG_TK_2035

UAZ_AGS30_TK_2035

UAZ_Unarmed_TK_2035

UAZ_SPG9_TK_2035

Ural_TK_2035

Ural_Open_TK_2035

Ural_Refuel_TK_2035

Ural_Repair_TK_2035

Ural_Reammo_TK_2035

Ural_ZSU_TK_2035

Ka60_TK_2035

Ka60_GL_TK_2035

Credits & Thanks:

Bohemia Interactive - vehicle and aircraft models

vilas - VDV models (basis of the infantry models), IMI Galil/ARM, MG3

hcpookie - boat models and mines

RobertHammer - IMI TAR-21

Changelog:

v0.9.3b

-Added: Ka-60 to Air class

-Added: More groups (mechanized, some include helicopters)

-Updated: Changed vehicle, aircraft, and ship camo pattern to hexacam

-Updated: IMI TAR-21 MARS GL replaces M4A1 HWS GL (requires RobertHammer's HK416 Pack)

-Updated: IMI Galil ARM now replaces RPK; MG3 replaces PK (requires RobertHammer's HK416 Pack)

v0.8.8b

-Fixed: pbr_grey1.paa "missing" error

-Fixed: Units now have NVGs

-Updated: Camo pattern colors tweaked

-Added: IMI TAR-21 replaces the FN FAL (requires RobertHammer's HK416 Pack)

-Added: IMI Galil replaces the AKS-47 U (requires Vilas' West/Latin America Weapons Pack)

-Added: IMI Galil ARM replaces PK (requires Vilas' West/Latin America Weapons Pack)

-Added: M4A1 HWS GL replaces the M16A2 GL (requires Vilas' West/Latin America Weapons Pack)

-Added: 3 Groups (all mechanized)

-Added: Optional water-changing mod (makes the water more blue); Duala and Lingor override this though.

v0.7.2b

-Added: Ships class

-Added: L-39 to Air class

-Updated: Lightened vehicle camo textures

-Updated: Armed Forces helmets' now olive color to match uniforms

v0.6.5b

-Put all units under new faction "Takistani Armed Forces 2035"

-Enlarged camo textures for aircraft

-Fixed "RUS_Desert_Soldier" error

-Fixed Takistani Patch issue

Download (Updated) (61MB):

Armaholic:

MediaFire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u7q3e3jureqw7wa

Edited by antoineflemming
Update

That looks great, liking the camo! Have to try these out, thanks.

Edit: Having trouble getting these in game... i get - no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.des! when choosing Opfor faction, the units are not listed in the dropdown.

When i do get one on the editor i get error "Bad vehicle type Rus_Desert_Soldier..

Tested with no other mods.

Edited by Katipo66

Alas, a much needed boost to the army. Epic stuff man!

WoW I love it... thanks mate.

I hope more is to come on this mod, like you have already pointed out with groups and other models for the units etc... maybe also a different gun for more of the 2035 year type? lol.

Also would you mind putting them in there own menu tab something like: Takistani Armed Forces 2035 > Units, Armour, Air, Weapons, etc...

Apart from that, great job with the textures, thanks again.

Really liking the new camouflage...downloading now

Second that!

Edited by CptDavo

Nice job, the camouflage reminds me of hexagonian camouflage made into not being hexegonian :)

allied with the Iranian Republic, pushes to regain control of the island of Capraia.

i_see_what_u_did_there.jpg

Pretty much Forze Armata Di Capraia now has a OPFOR to shot at :)

Here's a few stuff I noticed, to help you out with the progress:

Here's a few problems I had as of now:

I think you forgot to replace the Russian stars on the helicopters.

Maybe replace the aircraft textures with a more plain one. The pattern of the Su-25 looks kinda...messy for a plane imo.

I think the shoulder patch bears the CDF flag.

Suggestions:

It would be cool if they had presently modern Russian fighters. Because by 2035, they will be kinda old. I'm thinking Su-33, since it's already made.

Maybe a small navy.

Chinese weapons. By 2035, I'd expect China to be very strong if things keep going the way they are. So it would be awesome to see something other than western and Russian weapons. And China has started exporting their stuff nowadays.

Still awesome nonetheless. :)

Ok, I will fix the whole rus_desert issue. I used another mod's code as a basis so there seems to be some lingering code there. As for the textures, yeah I will get around to removing the lingering russian stuff on the textures :). Also, what I will most likely do to the camo patterns of the aircraft is to enlarge them, so they wont look as messy and busy. So, making them more like the vehicle textures. As for Chinese weapons, I'm trying not to overly use other people's mods. For now it's just a reskin mod of BIS stuff, but I will look into adding more stuff.

And, yeah the tech is old, but then again it's Takistan. In my whole story idea, it's Russia, China, and or Iran that help them get to where they are, so they wouldn't give them their latest and greatest. Thanks for the feedback. Look for an update later today.

EDIT: I have found the whole des/rus_desert_soldier issue. I bet you're not the only one having that issue. So I'll fix that, and then the move on to the texture fixes.

I have noticed when you are at a distance, the choppers are desert colour .. lol .. this is probs that rus_desert issue your on about, just letting you know. :)

This is awesome...truly awesome. I have been waiting for someone (and a few times even tried myself) to do an update to the Takistani forces and better modernize them. Units look really great. In the faction list I would separate all of the 2035 units from the regular units just so it's easier to find things. Something like "Air 2035" ... "Armor 2035" ... etc. I would really think about using some different weapons too. Keep a set of units with the weapons they currently have (FAL, PKM, etc.) but maybe make another set with different, even more modernized weapons.

Really excited about this. Can't wait to see what else is in store. Keep up the good work man.

The FAC might have a bit of a fight on their hands..., these guys kinda in a way remind me of the opfor in BF3

BETA DOWNLOAD UPDATED! v0.6.5b

Check the first post!!!

Changelog:

v0.6.5b

Fixed: RUS_Desert_Soldier/des error

Fixed: Incorrect Takistan flag patch

Updated: Aircraft Textures, enlarged the camouflage pattern, removed Russian Star (forgot to mention that in the first post and the readme)

Added: All units are now in a separate faction "Takistani Armed Forces 2035"

To Do:

Diversify the units and their models

Add L-39Z

Make groups

The FAC might have a bit of a fight on their hands..., these guys kinda in a way remind me of the opfor in BF3

I'll take that as a compliment, although they are also supposed to remind you of OPFOR in ArmAIII... And the FAC don't stand a chance.

The helmets mostly those green russian kevlar helmets it was the first time I saw them implemented in a game and the vehicle camoflauge arma 3 definitely, and I dont know you ever watched the movie zulu? Fac militia in the valley and a sea of taki's running down at them, I can hear it now first rank fire! second rank fire!, anyhow though how do you plan to diversify the units?

The helmets mostly those green russian kevlar helmets it was the first time I saw them implemented in a game and the vehicle camoflauge arma 3 definitely, and I dont know you ever watched the movie zulu? Fac militia in the valley and a sea of taki's running down at them, I can hear it now first rank fire! second rank fire!, anyhow though how do you plan to diversify the units?

Well, by adding more models so that every model isn't the same. Because right now they are just the infantry model. I plan to add officer, crew, and pilot models.

Nice looking mod! But I kinda don't like helmet model

What about it? I kinda don't like that it's a bit too wide, but nothing I can really do about that. This is merely a reskin.

The look of it is funny xd

Looks like mickey mouse invasion of Capraia xD

What about it? I kinda don't like that it's a bit too wide, but nothing I can really do about that. This is merely a reskin.

Yeah, its quite wide, and has no pattern. It would be cool if you could use CDF helmet. And btw I didn't have chance to try it out so I'm saying it only from screen you have taken.

I like the helmets. It's a nice change from the regular helmets you usually see in game. A lot of mods seem to use CDF styled helmets already anyways. I think they look cool :cool:

I like the helmets. It's a nice change from the regular helmets you usually see in game. A lot of mods seem to use CDF styled helmets already anyways. I think they look cool :cool:

Thanks. I'm not changing them anyway. The model is made by vilas. And that's the way he made the helmet. I kinda like it too, although it is a bit wide.

I went into the editor and looked at it close up and they do look a little wide at the sides but oh well, who cares really. The guys still look really cool imo.

In the next update do you think you can equip the infantry with NVG's? Would be helpful when using them during night ops. Are you going to add Special Forces units and stuff as well?