Sign in to follow this  
das attorney

ScopeFX - Dynamic scopes - including TrackIR support

So after some testing I have found the the problem is twofold.. I have unfolded only half of my problem. Basically two separate mods are breaking separate parts of scopeFX.

1st mod is breaking the scoped view.. IE: when you are looking threw a scope, the effects do not show up at all...

2nd mod is breaking the magazine check...

I have only so far discovered the root cause of the magazine check being broken... it is in @COSLX.. and it is the slx_modweapons_c.pbo ... (please leave the questions as to why i run that mod aside .. the issue is it worked before with that file running and now it does not...)

I have concluded this after repeatedly running that pbo and then removing the pbo.. when slx_modweapons_c.pbo is not running the mag check works .. when it is running the mag check doesn't work.. however the Scoped view does work perfectly!!

Ill post back up when i find the culprit for the scoped view problem... I have an inkling that it is one of the unit mods, however vague that narrows down the search for me .. as after i removed all my unit addons the scoped view worked again... I am only completely sure of the mag check problem..

EDIT:

ok i found the other mod that is breaking scopeFX and it is POOK heavy gernaders.. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16788&highlight=POOK_GL.PBO

when these are in the mod folder scopeFX doesnt work at all... it completely breaks.. with out this mod .. everything works fine..!!!

Edited by Lordprimate

I would not recommend using the files from COSLX with scopeFX:

SLX_ModWeapons_3D_Optics: Adds models with 3d optic scopes. So far only adds a red dot to the M8 3d model for use with 3d optics.

SLX_Optics_3D: Adds blurred screen edges when looking through zoomed 3d scopes.

I would not recommend using the files from COSLX with scopeFX:

SLX_ModWeapons_3D_Optics: Adds models with 3d optic scopes. So far only adds a red dot to the M8 3d model for use with 3d optics.

SLX_Optics_3D: Adds blurred screen edges when looking through zoomed 3d scopes.

everything was peachy before the beta..... and I dont use those... The one i am/was running that glitched out the magazine check is/was slx_modweapons_c.pbo

the mod from pook is completely breaking it.. everything else in the COSLX folder works fine with scopeFX.. I have spend months testing mods.. I launch with over 300 mods sometimes, with scopefx and everything functions and performes fine .. I get very little rpt errors (those that i do get are miniscule) and gameplay is smooth... ScopeFX have NEVER broken not once .. until now... I have sense stoped using both pbo's mention'd but hope that the final release might resolve the issue. What I will do is launch with JUST those mods and see if there is anything in the rpt that may help.

Edited by Lordprimate

Hi Das

I've played this for a few hours on my server today and for me i've had no problems. The BMP, T34 issue seems to have been resolved, at least for me. I used ScopeFX with many other mods/addons running on the server: GTD Mods, SLX Mini (My own Selection), PvPScene Tweaks (My own Selection), TPWCAS and various others. So thanks for the fixes mate. Appreciated as always. ;)

LG

Hey Das, any plans to port this over to arma 3?

It would be soo much appreciated!!!

and I haven't had any issues with the last beta release other then previously posted

Hey Das, any plans to port this over to arma 3?

It would be soo much appreciated!!!

and I haven't had any issues with the last beta release other then previously posted

I think with Bohemia's current plans of giving guns 3D scopes, this addon only needs to be ported for the guns being ported to ArmA III.

this isnt compatible with the dagger scopes addon. it adds the overlay to the new scopes and i was wondering if i could disable the scope overlay and keep everything else within the mod like the zeroing.

This is a shot in the dark but may I ask does anyone have an old version of Scopefx for Arma2?

Basically having trouble with the new 1.13 version that is released, I've read the forum thread and posts regarding issues with the latest version.

I contacted the author of scopefx and he did reply back but nothing since in afraid. 

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

Update here.

I've tested the very first version of this which is the TrackIR mod and there's no issues with jamming the sever parameters on a dedicated server.

I've tried to update the TrackIR mod with some of the paramters from the Scopefx mod and failed, multiple times, negative.

Greatly appreciate if anyone could spare some time to help an old veteran.

Thankyou for your time.

John.