Sign in to follow this  
das attorney

ScopeFX - Dynamic scopes - including TrackIR support

nevermind im sorry this new version you just released works fine with respawn, I was still using the older version lol. disregard.

I wasn't aware of that ACE feature, but will have a look when time permits. I think it's just a simple layer issue for the resources, so it shouldn't be hard to fix.

I'm too, because I'm not into sniper work too much, but our guys who like to engage targets from 1200+ meters are noticed that thing immediately :D

Thanks!

Hey Das Attorney, Thanks again for the permissions.

one question when switching the fire mode, at the end of the switching I get a zeroing for the top of a scope default set to 300 on the right side of the screen.

How do i adjust that? I looked in the userconfig for the key controls but theres nothing there I can recognize that refers to that, unless Im missing what thats for?

Hi Das Attorney,

First of all sorry for reporting a known and declared issue...

Another issue - Last night I was carrying a scoped Mk17 and all of a sudden, the scope effect appeared when I was using my secondary iron-sight! It also disappeared from my scoped sight. The mission was Shark-Attack's RTY Delta Force mission - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11114.

@Variable You need to reset scope via Shift+Ctrl+P

one question when switching the fire mode, at the end of the switching I get a zeroing for the top of a scope default set to 300 on the right side of the screen.

How do i adjust that? I looked in the userconfig for the key controls but theres nothing there I can recognize that refers to that, unless Im missing what thats for?

My previous question, I had figured it out. Nice feature, i love it!

Hi all. I really like this mod, although I do have a few issues I would like to share.

First of all, even with the latest update I am still unable to see the rate of fire indicator. My interface size is set to normal just like you suggest, but this doesn’t seem to help. I can see the round count and zeroing interfaces just fine though. Does this only work with specific weapons or should it work with all of them?

My second issue is with ACE and the zeroing interface. The zeroing interface only works with scopes that zero in meters such as the BAF's SUSAT. When using a sniper rifle with ACE the keys to zero the scope are no longer page up and page down, they become the arrow keys and are measured in moa's. This is because you can now use the left and right arrow keys to adjust the windage too. This causes your zeroing interface to default to zero and disappear. It would be excellent if you could somehow make your zeroing interface compatible with the ACE zeroing system. I realize this may be a lot of work as you would have to redesign the interface to support windage adjustment, but it would be really nice.

One last thing, it has been somewhat mentioned before but ill say it again, when scoped in and zeroing a rifle with ACE you can no longer see the box at the top left of the screen displaying what moa you are zeroed to. It seems to have been covered up by the overlay that creates the scope drift effect.

Thanks, keep up the great work!

Edited by Streblo88

Just wanted to come back to you all with some answers to questions etc. I've been pretty quiet for a couple of weeks but haven't forgot about the mod. (Had a wisdom tooth come through and some other less painful stuff).

Another issue - Last night I was carrying a scoped Mk17 and all of a sudden, the scope effect appeared when I was using my secondary iron-sight! It also disappeared from my scoped sight. The mission was Shark-Attack's RTY Delta Force mission - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11114.

I had something similar to this when I was testing. I used to use <CTRL> and <Middle mouse> to get into CQB sights and I found if I pressed them out of sync accidentally (middle mouse then CTRL), it would change the scope surround but not change the gun sights to CQB. In the end I changed my OpticsMode button to a key without a modifier and it was fine.

I believe this is a problem with the inputAction scripting command. I will check if CBA has a similar function that isn't broke if modifiers (CTRL, ALT or SHIFT) is used in conjunction. Also, I could check for keyDown but there might be similar issues. I could check what the FOV is using CBA to determine if the gun is in primary or CQB but then it would be a nightmare as Arma's configs for weapons aren't consistent and making a script to check the corrrect state would be lengthy (plus also not work with mods potentially). For now, just use the Shift+Ctrl+P reset button. Or you can dump the weapon on the floor and pick it back up again which resets the sights as well.

First of all, even with the latest update I am still unable to see the rate of fire indicator. My interface size is set to normal just like you suggest, but this doesn’t seem to help. I can see the round count and zeroing interfaces just fine though. Does this only work with specific weapons or should it work with all of them?

Added firemode selector in for ACE in next version :)

My second issue is with ACE and the zeroing interface. The zeroing interface only works with scopes that zero in meters such as the BAF's SUSAT. When using a sniper rifle with ACE the keys to zero the scope are no longer page up and page down, they become the arrow keys and are measured in moa's. This is because you can now use the left and right arrow keys to adjust the windage too. This causes your zeroing interface to default to zero and disappear. It would be excellent if you could somehow make your zeroing interface compatible with the ACE zeroing system. I realize this may be a lot of work as you would have to redesign the interface to support windage adjustment, but it would be really nice.

Hmm, not sure about this one. I was thinking about doing something like this but there's a few problems. I think I'd need to hook into ACE's code, which is verboten without doing it officially for ACE, also I'd want the functionality in vanilla and not just ACE, so then I'd have to write a windage and elevation mod, plus add wind drift in for Vanilla users. Maybe I can do something like it in the future, but Arma 3 might be out by that time..

One last thing, it has been somewhat mentioned before but ill say it again, when scoped in and zeroing a rifle with ACE you can no longer see the box at the top left of the screen displaying what moa you are zeroed to. It seems to have been covered up by the overlay that creates the scope drift effect.

Fixed in new version :)

Doing some testing at the moment and then I can release so stay tuned.

Offtopic: Was playing DayZ the other day on a server that let me load the addon. Hatchet is weird with a "magazine check" and "fire selector"!

Q1dt3jO8tI8

Hey Das Attorney,

I had an idea for ScopeFx, when you press P to get the amount of ammo left, I was wondering if you could setup where when using

pistols that you would get a smaller cartridge size for pistols to show instead of a full rifle cartridge, it would add to the immersion,

and or better association for what you are using.

That's cool - I can do that :)

Have you got any links to suitable pics though? I had trouble finding top down pictures of magazines last time I searched.

Awesome, well i googled Pistol cartridges, theres a number of pics you can use:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=688&q=pistol+cartridge&oq=Pistol+cartri&gs_l=img.1.0.0j0i24l9.1644.10146.0.13976.19.12.6.1.1.0.99.1053.12.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.2.img.vqCbWfLPqtk

What i'd do if I were making a new bullet pic, is I'd take that cartridge container the pic you have when theres no bullets, and then make 2 more pics with one bullet,

and then another pic with 2-3 bullets in the cartridge, should be a simple edit, a matter of just pasting a new pic of a bullet into an empty cartridge container.

Update:

v1.13 Changelog:

[NEW] - ACR DLC now supported. (ACE users need to delete "CZ805_A1_ACR" and "CZ805_A1_GL_ACR" from userconfig).

[NEW] - CWR2 Rearmed mod now supported.

[NEW] - Added new scope size for M16s and SA58.

[NEW] - Weapon mode selector now works with ACE.

[FIXED] - Optics blocking out ACE MOA/MILDOT readouts.

[FIXED] - Optics blocking out ACE wind indicator.

[FIXED] - Some of the UI text would not scale correctly.

[FIXED] - Overlays not centering when breath held.

[CHANGED] - Userconfig updated.

[CHANGED] - Default value for horde_tir_opticslag_rate changed to 0.125 for smoother parallax effect.

[REMOVED] - horde_tir_mousespeed_max_threshold variable removed - will be replaced after code rework.

Dropbox download link updated on first post.

Armaholic and SU informed - please use Dropbox for now until mirrors/repositories updated.

Remember to update the userconfig file to the new one in this download (userconfig version 4)!!!

Please report any bugs or leave feedback in this thread.

Enjoy!

It seems weapon mode selector is not working for burst. (I'm using ACE)

Yes you're right there. I've just tried it and some weapons it works for burst and some it doesn't. It seems all the vanilla weapons are okay but some of the ACE M4s don't show up on screen. Is that what you're getting too Kllrt?

I'm trying to check SIX Config Browser as I think it's a custom firemode name in the weapons config, but the webpage isn't loading up any of the ACE stuff at the moment.

In a vanilla config, the entry should look something like this:

modes[] = {"FullAuto", "Burst", "Single"};

but in some of the guns, there is deviation from this convention so I have to check for stuff like this:

"Manual"
"RH_Auto"
"Full"
"Auto"
"SCAR_L_FullAuto"
"SCAR_H_FullAuto"

All of them are a synonym for "FullAuto" for example. Perhaps ACE have made up a new entry for "Burst" which I haven't seen yet. Anyway, I'll know as soon as I can look at some of the ACE classes on SIX Config Browser again.

EDIT: Just found the ACE guns on SIX CB. Entry is this:

modes[] = {"Single", "ACE_Burst"};

So I shall fix that in the next version. I want to see if any more bugs roll in before releasing so bear with me on this one. Thanks for reporting as well :)

Edited by Das Attorney

These are the classnames for the Marsoc Units M4's if anyone wants to use them. I just finished going threw and adding them to my usercfg figured I would share.

They are listed in the mod under the readme and in the notes.

I put them in size_4 they fit nicely!

// Marsoc_ACOG_Rifles

"mar_M4A1_RCO",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_DES",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_WDL",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQs",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQs_DES",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQs_WDL",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQt",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQt_DES",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQt_WDL",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQs_TL",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQs_TL_DES",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQs_TL_WDL",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQt_TL",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQt_TL_DES",

"mar_M4A1_RCO_PEQt_TL_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_RCO",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2s_FG",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2s_TL_FG",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2t_FG",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2t_TL_FG",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2s_FG_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2s_TL_FG_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2t_FG_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2t_TL_FG_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_DES",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2s_FG_DES",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2s_TL_FG_DES",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2t_FG_DES",

"mar_M4A3_RCO_PEQ2t_TL_FG_DES",

// Marsoc_ELCAN_Rifles

"mar_M4A1_ELC",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_DES",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_WDL",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQs",

"MAR_SOPMOD_M4A1_ELC",

"MAR_SOPMOD_M4A1_ELC_f",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQs_DES",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQs_WDL",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQt",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQt_DES",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQt_WDL",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQs_TL",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQs_TL_DES",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQs_TL_WDL",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQt_TL",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQt_TL_DES",

"mar_M4A1_ELC_PEQt_TL_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_ELC",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2s_FG",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2s_TL_FG",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2t_FG",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2t_TL_FG",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2s_FG_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2s_TL_FG_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2t_FG_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2t_TL_FG_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_DES",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2s_FG_DES",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2s_TL_FG_DES",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2t_FG_DES",

"mar_M4A3_ELC_PEQ2t_TL_FG_DES",

// Marsoc_ACOG_M203_Rifles

"mar_M4A1_M203_RCO",

"mar_M4A1_M203_RCO_PEQs",

"mar_M4A1_M203_RCO_PEQs_TL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO_PEQ2s",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO_PEQ2s_TL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO_PEQ2s_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO_PEQ2s_TL_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO_DES",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO_PEQ2s_DES",

"mar_M4A3_M203_RCO_PEQ2s_TL_DES",

"mar_M4A1_M203_ELC",

"mar_M4A1_M203_ELC_PEQs",

"mar_M4A1_M203_ELC_PEQs_TL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC_PEQ2s",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC_PEQ2s_TL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC_PEQ2s_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC_PEQ2s_TL_WDL",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC_DES",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC_PEQ2s_DES",

"mar_M4A3_M203_ELC_PEQ2s_TL_DES",

Thanks again for the mod Das Nice progress!!

I would also like to see a different mag pic for pistol mag checks would be neet-o!

Awesome :)

Thanks for sharing man.

Will definitely include these in the next update. Have you got a link to their pack if poss? I need to get the cfgPatches name to make it efficient for all users.

@Gunter - Re: pistols. Pasting 9mm rounds into the AR-15 mag doesn't look good. I need something like this, but dead on:

pistol_mag_zps6197c536.jpg

Ignore the green arrows, they were part of the photo.

Edited by Das Attorney

Meatball0311 MARSOC units , http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16472

i just checked out the BI thread about them and the class names are there. and alot less of them .. hmm guess i went a bit overboard..

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121991-MARSOC-Marine-Special-Operations-Team/page24 about half way down

Edited by Lordprimate

@Attorney: Yeah, I'm getting this only when using ACE M4s.

Edited by kllrt