Sign in to follow this  
Myrik_is_hot

Constant enemy carrier attacks

Hello.

Firslty loving the game, I like the slow pace and pretty graphics, very atmospheric :)

Anyway.. during the campaign I nabbed the top-right of the map while the mean asian people stole several of the islands in the bottom left. So I hiked down there to reclaim them and bumped into the enemy carrier! Yikes!

It was swiftly dispached. Which I tought seemed a bit early for it to be happening but ho-hum.

Next thing I know, half way through me clearing the island to retake it... *another* enemy carrier turns up. I see it's oddly on fire already so send in a nosey manta and in about 4 rockets its dead.

Then the very next island I go to.. *BZZZ* ENEMY CARRIER! ...this time a fully fixed and armed one. I kill it... then 5mins later...

Am I suffering from some weird bug or do I just have to put up with a carrier attack every 20mins for the final stages of the game?

Much love xx

It's not a bug exactly. The enemy carrier is required at the end of the game, so you can't destroy it until then. Don't worry too much about re-taking lost islands at this point, just take each one once until the campaign is complete.

Yeah I've left it to it's own devices and sprinkled some defence islands. It's got the bottom 4 but now it attacks random islands and even the weak rated ones repell them - so I'm good to get on with the evil volcanos :)

The real game is the strategy game. The campaign is more of a tutorial with lots of hardwired events.

Reality is perverted at various points in order to let the campaign script keep running as intended.

For example, at one point your Mantas will be mysteriously destroyed instantly if you try to undock them. The campaign demands that you use Walrii, and you must do it as it says.