Sign in to follow this  
Zachary

Proxy objects in Visitor 3 not showing up

Hi guys,

Sorry to be the one that has to post this, i've found a lot of threads on similar subjects before with information that seems correct, but never seems to work out for me. Basically i have a custom model that i'm applying a proxy object to:

"\ca\structures\Furniture\Bathroom\toilet_b_02\toilet_b_02"

I have my P: drive setup with this structure available for all my models, everything seems to work great as i can author, package and play maps so far, so i know everything should be right. However once i attach this model to my own in O2 as create proxy object, it shows in the bulldozer window but when i view in visitor 3 / ingame i cannot see anything at all.

The same happens for BI content such as A_Office02 or the hospital models, i just see the blank triangle in o2 and in visitor, nothing but a shadow where the model proxy should be.

Ive heard suggestions of removing the \ to begin with, convert the p3d file first, even some mention about specifying the proxy as some kind of simulation or path to proxy objects in a config.cpp file but i cant find much info on that. It's getting very late and i would love it if someone could clarify what i need to do. Have held off on adding proxy objects as up until now it has been useless detail, but seems like my negligence has paid off!

Thank you.

Is this information from my Buldozer.RPT any use to anyone?

=====================================================================

== p:\buldozer.exe

== "p:\buldozer.exe" -window -buldozer -cfg=bdozer.cfg -profiles=P:\ -exThreads=0 -connect=pipe\2803EE,8EDB

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2012/10/05 07:12:38

Current time: 2013/01/26 00:30:32

Version 1.62.95248

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/: Cannot optimize entry find for restorable classes

bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/: Cannot optimize entry find for restorable classes

bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/: Cannot optimize entry find for restorable classes

Warning: CfgVehicles missing in PreloadConfig - may slow down vehicle creation

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/: Cannot optimize entry find for restorable classes

Warning: CfgAmmo missing in PreloadConfig - may slow down vehicle creation

bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/: Cannot optimize entry find for restorable classes

Warning: CfgNonAIVehicles missing in PreloadConfig - may slow down vehicle creation

bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/: Cannot optimize entry find for restorable classes

Error: Model core\default\default.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just 4 vertices

Error: Model core\default\default.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just 4 vertices

ca\structures\house\a_office02\a_office02.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\structures\shed_ind\shed_ind02.p3d: house, config class missing

I'm not sure why it thinks the config class is missing, because in my ca directory is...

("P:\ca\structures\House\A_Office02\config.cpp")

so im very confused. MY project directory "P:\mynamespace\CA" folder exists with all config files in. IT is binarized pointing to the project folder root "mynamespace" also.

I have began to find this also will refuse to show up the objects for ponds, i get an error "cannot open object "ca\path to pond model.p3d"

Edited by Zachary

in the config maybe add the proxy model to the config to make both your model and proxy model to show in game think i read that's how its done

I've read that in places, I've tried one or two but i can never seem to get it working. Can you maybe tell me of a model ingame that might use it? I've been trying to search the samples but turning up blank. I've heard of a lot of people using it though, but should that be the normal operating procedure as i recall someone saying that you didnt have to do that for every model?

Thanks for the reply anyway.