species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

Hey guys,

First off just want to say Kudos, great mod! Thanks for all the hard and continual work (looks like you guys are still working on it). I grew up on the old Carrier Command and was stoked they made a remake. Despite all of its flaws I enjoyed it but you guys are making me it way better. Thanks again.

I'll try to be as blunt as possible to minimize  the lengthy reading. =)

Did a quick search and scan and didn't find my answers so apologies if I'm restating things.

Bought game couple of days ago, playing through steam. Have your latest version.

1)- Neutral islands on "Classic" seems fine. On "Weak" or higher some islands have scramblers preventing access to command centre despite no scramblers to destroy to increase telemetry. Island now unobtainable.... 

2)- First played unmodded on Beta version through steam. Happened more often than not. After modding, still happens, although frequency a little less I believe. Supply Barque delivers items but gets stuck way off in the distance. Have to drive carrier over its head to get it moving back home.

3)- Playing with carrier exclusion for the first while. Enemy/Neutral/Friendly isles 1/3 each. Enemy took a couple of islands then sat dormant for the majority of my game. Arriving at an island where he was, alarms went off as per normal. Carrier icon on my radar but not on map or in game. I took island then left. He started moving again. I  started a new game soon after so hard to say the aftermath of it. But he sat dormant for a very very long time. I don't think that was normal.

4)- Started new game. Tech 1, 1 friendly 5 enemy islands. Enemy isles set to deadly for all and neutral maxed. so far no turrets on any neutral islands and all enemy islands are weak. Are these settings suppose to adjust in this case or will they get to those points as I progress through my game?

5)- Scout drone, even with Lvl2 TacScan seems to have a hard time picking up neutral turrets. I literally have to land on some of their heads to make them show in my map screen. Enemy not so much. some still don't show while others do, but overall works better on enemy islands.

These are some things that I've ran into so far since started playing.

would love an answer to #1 cause kind of a pain in the arse not being able take an island.

---------------------------------------------------------

Some Thoughts and Suggestions

-------------------------------------------

Love all the features. Thought I would throw some down for ya that were inspired by all your hard work.

1)- My scout drone is not restricted by telemetry. I feel like it should be.

2)- Nothing seems to target my scout drone. I can pretty much touch noses with turrets and units and nothing shoots at it. Its practically invincible, except death by no fuel. I can understand that it might be the lowest priority, but when enemies are bored and it is in range. Bang Bang. Maybe at height it can escape detection, but not at close prox.

3)- Maybe allow full movement including up and down of the scout drone while in the camera mode. I lose all references with the fixed movement camera when trying to manually navigate it or fine tune its position. Maybe tap Q or Z to align camera, and hold Q or Z to adjust height, and then when moving (WASD) it doesn't jump back to the fixed cam but stays with what ever cam you are currently in.

4)- Love the Scout Drone target list. tagging is a nice feature, and works well for automated engagements; but when I engage in my manta manually, for a tagged target I find I'm still pretty blind in locating it to actually fire upon. I have to cross reference my radar, with my compass, then look through the weather and trees and buildings to figure out where it actually is in reference to me. Might be nice that a tagged target also gets a target icon around it in the main screen like any other target you get close to, but make it a separate colour than all the other types of target icons, and either make it visible no matter where you are, or give it a way greater range so you can tactically approach it  without having to do a bunch of cross referencing. 

5)- Also I find when approaching a swarm of targets, trying to get missile lock on a specific target can be frustrating when it won't get off of an unwanted target like a dumb droid. Having a key to switch targets would be nice. Or even the ability to lock in a target (missiles or not) so you can keep track of it while everyone is maneuvering around. Maybe while in locked mode, you can push and hold the swap target button and it will free up the lock, you can switch targets by changing your facing or how it naturally does it and then when releasing the button it locks the new target in, or you have the option of tapping it and cycling through the numerous targets.

6)- Thought it would also be nice while the TacScan list is up, whatever unit your in, and whatever target you are currently looking (targeting), it will highlight in the tacscan list. I find sometimes the targeting icon will be visible but the info of what it might be in the main screen isn't readily available (they sometimes have titles "turret", "walrus". etc.. above the icon, but fades in when you are in kissing distance it seems like). If you have an advance tracking system going, might be nice to get instant info of who you are actually tracking.

7)- Love the feature when shelling you can quick look through the drone, even aim and fire while in that view. I think it would be nice to have that option regardless if a target is tagged or not. if you are in your offensive tab, and your drone is out. you can quick look where ever the drones camera is pointing. If a target is tagged, the camera will lock to its position as it does.

8)- Like the new camera angles and animations. Like the supply barque. nicely done. However, there are times when i was in need of maneuvering my cruiser manually just as it arrived and i get stuck watching this lengthy cut scene of getting resupplied. I like watching it, but having the option to swap out of it would be good. maybe have the ability to swap through all the camera angles including that one when its happening. That way you can jump back in and watch the ending of it if you wanted to. But to have that option for all your cameras. Drone bay, undocking mantas and walrus--be able to cycle through your wide angle, HUD shot, 3rd person shot. etc... while undocking/docking. etc..

9)- All your lists, (adv prod *which by the way is awesome. something they neglected to bring in from the old game*, nearest islands. etc...) the ability to scroll through them with a mouse wheel as well. i.e. nearest islands when your mouse cursor is in and over your menu, cause I know it zooms otherwise. (something i find out every freaking time lol) 

10)- Nearest island list. I disabled it at first but started to get accustomed to it. Kind of wish there was an option to keep it displayed continuously as well. 

11)- Haven't used it yet, but your move carrier to initial anchor point, that potentially could become an enemy island could it not? possibly sending it your stockpile instead? that will always be a safe haven. 

Lastly

12)- I've read up on the Nemisis mod. I like the idea of constantly pushing back the carrier until you defeat it at its last owned island. Had thought where it would be nice that it was the same for the good guys. I've had many accounts (old and remake) where I arrived at an island to face off with the carrier unable to win, sadly saving it just prior and thus not being able to change the outcome. Getting your arse kicked doesn't have to be game over. you lose a ship/die, you can have "reinforcements" or another carrier was being built in the mean time and you as another commander jumps in and carriers on your game. Hopefully you stocked up on carrier weapons to re equip your carrier... would help extend the game and not have losing a match with the enemy a game restart, or even a reload, i feel like thats cheating lol.

-------------------------

Just some thoughts. I've coded minor things, but can't imagine all the work you guys put into this. Somethings might be hard/easy, doable/impossible, but thought i would throw them at ya if any of it helps or peaks interest.

Thanks again for the sweet Mod

Cheers.

16 hours ago, Kyebosh said:

1)- Neutral islands on "Classic" seems fine. On "Weak" or higher some islands have scramblers preventing access to command centre despite no scramblers to destroy to increase telemetry. Island now unobtainable.... 

I have added a hotfix for this. Please download the mod again, and thanks for highlighting.

2)- First played unmodded on Beta version through steam. Happened more often than not. After modding, still happens, although frequency a little less I believe. Supply Barque delivers items but gets stuck way off in the distance. Have to drive carrier over its head to get it moving back home.

This is a known bug in the game that usually happens when you have manually sailed into shallow water. The mod helps by automatically transferring supplies off the barque in this situation, as there was a remote possibility you could be out of fuel in this situation, as well as it just generally being annoying having to move to the barque to get the supplies. Unfortunately the barque still needs to complete its journey before returning home, but mostly you will be leaving the island before the next supply run is needed anyway.

3)- Playing with carrier exclusion for the first while. Enemy/Neutral/Friendly isles 1/3 each. Enemy took a couple of islands then sat dormant for the majority of my game. Arriving at an island where he was, alarms went off as per normal. Carrier icon on my radar but not on map or in game. I took island then left. He started moving again. I  started a new game soon after so hard to say the aftermath of it. But he sat dormant for a very very long time. I don't think that was normal.

Exclusion zone is a brute force option for keeping the enemy carrier out of combat range, as people requested an option to play an island in peace without the enemy carrier dropping in on them. It will still be nearby, so will still show on the alternate radar if you have the "always show" option enabled. The dormant carrier is another known bug in the game. It was previously possible to play an entire game without the enemy carrier moving. The mod will keep trying to fix this, and I haven't seen this happen since this fix was added, but it can still take a long time for the enemy carrier to get going at the start of a game.

4)- Started new game. Tech 1, 1 friendly 5 enemy islands. Enemy isles set to deadly for all and neutral maxed. so far no turrets on any neutral islands and all enemy islands are weak. Are these settings suppose to adjust in this case or will they get to those points as I progress through my game?

The slider at the top controls how many islands you must own before the upgrades are applied. You will get an onscreen message when island ratings have been boosted or relaxed.

5)- Scout drone, even with Lvl2 TacScan seems to have a hard time picking up neutral turrets. I literally have to land on some of their heads to make them show in my map screen. Enemy not so much. some still don't show while others do, but overall works better on enemy islands.

1)- My scout drone is not restricted by telemetry. I feel like it should be.

I don't have a way to limit the telemetry of the visual feed from the drone, but it would be possible to make it so that the drone cannot be selected when it is out of range.

2)- Nothing seems to target my scout drone. I can pretty much touch noses with turrets and units and nothing shoots at it. Its practically invincible, except death by no fuel. I can understand that it might be the lowest priority, but when enemies are bored and it is in range. Bang Bang. Maybe at height it can escape detection, but not at close prox.

3)- Maybe allow full movement including up and down of the scout drone while in the camera mode. I lose all references with the fixed movement camera when trying to manually navigate it or fine tune its position. Maybe tap Q or Z to align camera, and hold Q or Z to adjust height, and then when moving (WASD) it doesn't jump back to the fixed cam but stays with what ever cam you are currently in.

You can control altitude in this situation with Q and Z as long as you are also moving with WASD. When moving the drone in viewing mode you can hold the left mouse button to force the camera to stay in viewing mode.

4)- Love the Scout Drone target list. tagging is a nice feature, and works well for automated engagements; but when I engage in my manta manually, for a tagged target I find I'm still pretty blind in locating it to actually fire upon. I have to cross reference my radar, with my compass, then look through the weather and trees and buildings to figure out where it actually is in reference to me. Might be nice that a tagged target also gets a target icon around it in the main screen like any other target you get close to, but make it a separate colour than all the other types of target icons, and either make it visible no matter where you are, or give it a way greater range so you can tactically approach it  without having to do a bunch of cross referencing. 

I don't have a way of adding target icons to the hud. It is usually quite easy to locate tagged items with the compass needle and distance readout, as well as the flashing icon in the alternate radar.

5)- Also I find when approaching a swarm of targets, trying to get missile lock on a specific target can be frustrating when it won't get off of an unwanted target like a dumb droid. Having a key to switch targets would be nice. Or even the ability to lock in a target (missiles or not) so you can keep track of it while everyone is maneuvering around. Maybe while in locked mode, you can push and hold the swap target button and it will free up the lock, you can switch targets by changing your facing or how it naturally does it and then when releasing the button it locks the new target in, or you have the option of tapping it and cycling through the numerous targets.

Again it's a lack of functionality available, at least as far as I can find. There's no way to set a specific target, or detect which target is selected. A workaround I use is having a second weapon such as laser, get your desired target closest to the reticle, then switch quickly to the laser and back to missiles, and it should be selected for lock.

6)- Thought it would also be nice while the TacScan list is up, whatever unit your in, and whatever target you are currently looking (targeting), it will highlight in the tacscan list. I find sometimes the targeting icon will be visible but the info of what it might be in the main screen isn't readily available (they sometimes have titles "turret", "walrus". etc.. above the icon, but fades in when you are in kissing distance it seems like). If you have an advance tracking system going, might be nice to get instant info of who you are actually tracking.

As above, I don't have a way of knowing what target is selected.

7)- Love the feature when shelling you can quick look through the drone, even aim and fire while in that view. I think it would be nice to have that option regardless if a target is tagged or not. if you are in your offensive tab, and your drone is out. you can quick look where ever the drones camera is pointing. If a target is tagged, the camera will lock to its position as it does.

This has been suggested before. I felt the current method encourages use of the tagging system. Maybe L2 Tac Scan requirement would be enough for this.

8)- Like the new camera angles and animations. Like the supply barque. nicely done. However, there are times when i was in need of maneuvering my cruiser manually just as it arrived and i get stuck watching this lengthy cut scene of getting resupplied. I like watching it, but having the option to swap out of it would be good. maybe have the ability to swap through all the camera angles including that one when its happening. That way you can jump back in and watch the ending of it if you wanted to. But to have that option for all your cameras. Drone bay, undocking mantas and walrus--be able to cycle through your wide angle, HUD shot, 3rd person shot. etc... while undocking/docking. etc..

You can move the carrier during this sequence, the camera will snap out of this when the carrier starts to move.

9)- All your lists, (adv prod *which by the way is awesome. something they neglected to bring in from the old game*, nearest islands. etc...) the ability to scroll through them with a mouse wheel as well. i.e. nearest islands when your mouse cursor is in and over your menu, cause I know it zooms otherwise. (something i find out every freaking time lol) 

10)- Nearest island list. I disabled it at first but started to get accustomed to it. Kind of wish there was an option to keep it displayed continuously as well. 

I could add an option for that. It would tend to get in the way of the map though.

11)- Haven't used it yet, but your move carrier to initial anchor point, that potentially could become an enemy island could it not? possibly sending it your stockpile instead? that will always be a safe haven. 

It only relates to the anchor point of the current island, not another island. It is useful sometimes when you sail into shallow water and end up getting the carrier stuck.

Thanks for quick reply and thanks for clearing up some of those things. I kind of clued into that island thing shortly after posting. lol.

Thanks for the feed back on the suggestions. I figured modding can be tricky; just thought I would throw some ideas out there. 

As for the carrier movement and camera sequence. I had mentioned it because there was a time i travelled part way around the island while watching the barque enter my carrier. turning and everything, i was trying to inch in for a better shelling position. lol. Basically had to sit and wait till it was done before i could carry on moving.

In any case, great mod. Thoroughly enjoying it. thanks for the Hotfix.

I made a complete play through the strategic game mode. Great work species.

Just one funny thing. I do not believe it is related to your mod, but anyhow:

I took over all islands but one. Enemy carrier destroyed.

Last island had scramblers. I sat out all walruses, and began destroying island defences. I was pretty far from the carrier with the walruses, when suddenly the enemy assaulted me with a new carrier. I jumped to carrier, and managed to destroy the enemy carrier. After the destruction sequence, :-O all island scramblers were back to function. And of course, all four walruses were outside telemetry range :-( I tried to recover them, but they were finished off by island forces....

Oh, and one more thing. Would it be possible, to choose which weapon support droids have? Mine are all armed with lasers, which is nice. Just would like to have an option.

On 01/05/2018 at 10:54 AM, Nicoman35 said:

I made a complete play through the strategic game mode. Great work species.

Just one funny thing. I do not believe it is related to your mod, but anyhow:

I took over all islands but one. Enemy carrier destroyed.

Last island had scramblers. I sat out all walruses, and began destroying island defences. I was pretty far from the carrier with the walruses, when suddenly the enemy assaulted me with a new carrier. I jumped to carrier, and managed to destroy the enemy carrier. After the destruction sequence, :-O all island scramblers were back to function. And of course, all four walruses were outside telemetry range :-( I tried to recover them, but they were finished off by island forces....

Ouch. That is funny.

Oh, and one more thing. Would it be possible, to choose which weapon support droids have? Mine are all armed with lasers, which is nice. Just would like to have an option.

The other possible weapons are pretty weak in comparison to the laser.

Updated to v1.32:
-Advanced production screen overhaul:
---Tooltips will now be displayed when placing the mouse pointer over the various options.
---Blueprints list and advanced queue can now be scrolled using the mouse wheel. Blueprints list can also be scrolled by dragging the list up or down.
---When using the minimum material level options for auto-queueing items, previously the item would not be queued until the material level was reached. The item will now be queued regardless of material, but production will not start until the material level is reached. This allows you to adjust the production order, even if production cannot start yet. The queue will indicate pending materials in these cases.

-Islands Overview overhaul:
---An additional entry in the Islands Overview option on page 4 of the customization menu allows the overview to always be displayed when on the map screen. When this option is enabled, the overview may get in the way of selecting items on the map, and in this case the overview can be temporarily hidden by holding the right mouse button.
---An additional entry in the display option on the overview window allows all islands to be listed, regardless of ownership.
---Island ownership is now indicated by the colour of its listing in the overview.
---If an island is under attack, this will be indicated at the top of the overview. The island's listing on the overview will also show that it is under attack.
---The overview can now be scrolled using the mouse wheel or by dragging the list.

-Scout drone:
---The scout drone now has a limit to its range. Unlike carrier units, the drone will not lose telemetry and when the range is exceeded, it will set a course for a location within range. The range is slightly longer than the carrier's unit telemetry range, so it can still be used effectively on islands with scramblers in most situations.
---With the scout drone deployed and carrier shell cannon selected, the remote view can now be toggled by tapping the camera key (C by default). Holding the camera key instead of tapping will still function as before. A tagged target is no longer required.
---When the remote view is active and a target is tagged, you can now set the drone to automatically track the target. This can be toggled using the execute key (E by default). With tracking enabled, the drone will follow the target and try to keep itself slightly on the carrier side of the target. This makes it easier to line up shots, as the shells will be coming from the bottom of the screen, and also allows you to switch between multiple targets without setting the drone's position every time. NOTES: The drone will only track a target when the remote view is active. Take care when using this option as it may move your drone into hostile areas.
---When the remote view is active and there is no tagged target, you can now adjust the view from the drone by holding the right mouse button.
---When the drone is docked, its button within the carrier tactical button will remain displayed. This allows you to see its refuelling and repair state. You can also click on this to launch the drone.
---When the drone is launched using the shortcut key or the button within the carrier tactical button, clicking again will automatically switch to the drone once it has launched.
---The option for controlling drone altitude during autopilot has moved to page 6 of the customization menu.

-Defense drones:
---If drone formation is set to "Island" on page 1 of the customization menu, the drones will now automatically rotate their position around the carrier to track the nearest enemy walrus if one is nearby. When no enemy walrus is nearby, they will behave the same as before.
---Added option on page 6 of the customization menu which allows drones to automatically launch when arriving at an enemy island and automatically dock when the island is captured.
---When the carrier is close to a pier, the pier will show as friendly. This prevents a situation where defense drones detonate on contact with the pier.

---Fuel management system options on page 7 of the customization menu now include an option for manual refuelling of docked units. When this option is enabled, a target fuel level slider will appear above the command bar for the currently selected unit. When the unit docks, the unit will be refuelled (or de-fuelled) to the target level. NOTES: The target fuel level will be cleared when the target is reached or if the unit undocks before reaching the target fuel level, so you will need to set the target level each time, but you can do this at any time whether the unit is docked or undocked. Having multiple units selected when you click the slider will apply the target fuel level to all selected units. Enabling this option will disable the "Unit fuel balancing" and "Carrier can use unit fuel" options.
---When a docked unit is selected, you can now quickly select an equipment preset using the relevant number key on the numeric keypad. You can do this without opening the Equip screen.
---Added option on page 6 of the customization menu for Manta alternative control. With this option enabled, the orientation of mantas is directly controlled with the mouse. This is mainly intended for players with a Steam controller, but it should also be possible with other controllers as long as they are using mouse emulation. You can also try it with the mouse if you find mantas difficult to control. NOTES: Only works with interior camera mode. If set to "Enabled", interior camera will be forced. If set to "Interior camera only", the function will toggle on and off depending your camera selection. Weapons such as lasers will appear with slight judder and will not always point exactly at the reticle (you will need to visually account for this). There is slight drifting to the left or right when rotating the manta on the spot. Collisions with objects such as trees or terrain will no longer affect the orientation of the manta.
---Barque arrival animation can now be interrupted by pressing the camera key.
---Giving a unit a waypoint by clicking on the map will now automatically execute if the unit was previously suspended.
---If the game crashes and you don't see the crash message, it will appear on the menu screen the next time you launch the game. This will also show the location of the crash log.
---The option for inverting vertical mouse axis has been removed from the customization menu. This will now be read from the main game options.
---The option for selecting HUD removal has been removed from the customization menu. This will now use the combined method - tap the HUD key to toggle or press for a longer period to hold. When toggled off, the HUD can now be shown by holding the key.
---Unit quick command buttons added in v1.30 no longer require the right mouse button to be held. If you prefer, you can restore the right mouse button requirement, or disable the function entirely. An option has been added on page 4 of the customization menu.
---Enhanced context buttons added in v1.30 will now always be used when a carrier unit is selected. This means that DOCK/UNDOCK/EXECUTE/SUSPEND will always be shown uniformly, with a fifth button appearing for EQUIP if the unit is docked.

---Fixed a long-running issue where clicking on mod-specific buttons in fullscreen without holding the right mouse button would cause the selected unit to either undock or switch to manual control. As a result of this fix, some buttons which would previously only appear when the right mouse button was held, will now always appear.
---Fixed a bug in the previous update when playing the story campaign, the hammerhead mission would not trigger after capturing Vattland, meaning the mission on Fulcrum could not start until you returned to Vattland.
---Fixed a problem in CCGM where Walruses would sometimes not accept waypoints to certain locations on an island.
---Fixed a problem in CCGM where Walruses would not accept waypoints to stations on an island if they weren't needed, for example clicking on a refuelling station if the walrus had full fuel.
---Fixed a problem in CCGM when using missiles to lock onto a target, the name of the target would be obscured by the white targeting box.
---Fixed a problem in CCGM when using Set Sail or Instant Sail if the carrier was in shallow water, it would remain stuck until manually steered out. The carrier will now automatically move to the anchor point when this happens.

Thanks to all who provided feedback since the last update, and to Rob04 for playtesting.

Download page HERE .

• Like 2

Dear Species,
it is hard to find the right words to express how overwhelmed I am, in view of all your efforts and uncountable hours of voluntary work.
Even six or seven (?) years after CCGM was launched, you are still working on your fantastic mod 👍👍👍
Thank you for all the improvements you gave to this game.
I would never want to play it without them again.

I wonder if you still wanted to hear some more suggestions.
I hope not to be annoying, but I would like to write down some other thoughts.

1. After having lost one or more walruses or mantas... wouldn't it be nice (instead of waiting for new ones), just to go to a friendly island and grab some of the units there? Simply „adopting“ an island unit as a carrier unit?
  2. Could it be possible, when capturing the enemy's stockpile island, to happily „steal“ all the items the enemy had produced so far? Whenever I was there, the safe was empty 😭
  3. The scout drone has evolved to a mighty tool 😄
    But is it possible to make it automatically climb to max altitude immediately after lauch?
  4. Is it possible to have some more drones on board?
    Not simultaniously, but when one is destroyed, so you can assemble a fresh one like with walruses or mantas?
    I mean, drones fit into pockets today, they should not take too much space on the carrier.
  5. I think the hammerhead's deadly blast range is ridiculously small for a nuclear explosion.
    Is it possible to increase it, at least to the size of one whole camp?
    The hammerhead causes even less damage than a tomahawk, this does not seem quite realistic to me.
  6. Yet another suggestion how to make the droids more important...
    In campaign, the player (Myrik) can enter a walrus, and then drive it.
    What about giving the droids the ability to „hi-jack“ enemy walruses (and thus turn them into friendly ones)?
    Naturally, it is very, very hard for a droid to get in close vicinity to an enemy walrus, but it could be interesting to try out.
    Maybe it would be an advantage if the droids had a kind of „stealth characteristic“, due to their small size.

Thanks again, and please never stop developing your mod.
I have been playing CC for 30 years so far, and it was never more fun than it is today.
Best regards and greetings from Austria
Norbert

On 3/4/2019 at 11:44 PM, Norbert Moe said:

After having lost one or more walruses or mantas... wouldn't it be nice (instead of waiting for new ones), just to go to a friendly island and grab some of the units there? Simply „adopting“ an island unit as a carrier unit?

I experimented with this a while ago, but I couldn't get it to work properly. Some time after taking the unit, maybe even at the next island, the unit would just disappear. I also felt it kind of cheapened units if there was no consequence to losing them, since you could just go and take another. Maybe if you had to buy the unit from the island instead of just taking it.

Could it be possible, when capturing the enemy's stockpile island, to happily „steal“ all the items the enemy had produced so far? Whenever I was there, the safe was empty 😭

I think it is meant to be like that already, since you get the "Five finger discount" achievement, which implies you stole something. It could be that the enemy just sends items to the carrier immediately instead of keeping them on the stockpile.

The scout drone has evolved to a mighty tool 😄
But is it possible to make it automatically climb to max altitude immediately after lauch?

No, you can only make it climb when it is moving. If you want it to stay around the carrier, you can set multiple waypoints in a circle around the carrier, but really it is most useful when sent to remote areas anyway.

Is it possible to have some more drones on board?
Not simultaniously, but when one is destroyed, so you can assemble a fresh one like with walruses or mantas?
I mean, drones fit into pockets today, they should not take too much space on the carrier.

The mod isn't written for this, but you can increase the MaxCarrier value under the entry for wViewDrone in item.xml. Just remember that I haven't written for this to be more than 1, so I can't guarantee it will work properly.

I think the hammerhead's deadly blast range is ridiculously small for a nuclear explosion.
Is it possible to increase it, at least to the size of one whole camp?
The hammerhead causes even less damage than a tomahawk, this does not seem quite realistic to me.

I know, but a wide area of damage would go against the story campaign, where Myrik watches the strike from a window overlooking the site. Also, on islands like Styx, the carrier can be very close to the command centre.

Yet another suggestion how to make the droids more important...
In campaign, the player (Myrik) can enter a walrus, and then drive it.
What about giving the droids the ability to „hi-jack“ enemy walruses (and thus turn them into friendly ones)?
Naturally, it is very, very hard for a droid to get in close vicinity to an enemy walrus, but it could be interesting to try out.
Maybe it would be an advantage if the droids had a kind of „stealth characteristic“, due to their small size.

I don't think it would be possible, as there is no way for droids to enter walruses.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you are enjoying the game.

• Thanks 1

Hi Species1571. Getting back into this game and great to see it is still alive. Looking forward to trying the manual-refuel change you made. Great work !! Thanks a lot :-)

On 12/13/2019 at 1:49 PM, Erikv70 said:

Hi Species1571. Getting back into this game and great to see it is still alive. Looking forward to trying the manual-refuel change you made. Great work !! Thanks a lot 🙂

Thanks, have fun.

On 7/17/2017 at 9:56 PM, species1571 said:

Here is a file that will do what you want:

http://www.species1571.com/deadlyislands_camo_switch.zip

Extract the materials and obj folders into your deadlyislands folder (if you are already using the camo addon, all you need is the deadlyislandstextures1.cfg file from the obj folder, you will need to rename it to deadlyislandstextures5.cfg and copy it into your existing obj folder). Run the game, go to page 7 of the customization menu and set Camouflage Theme to "Switch APA and UEC standard camos". Exit to the desktop and restart the game.

Can somebody reuplaod this please ?

Updated to v1.33:
-UNITS:
---Units can now be purchased directly from friendly islands. To do this, take control of an island unit by clicking on it on the map. A button will appear with the amount of material the unit will cost. If you already have 4 active units of that type, but room for a spare one in storage then you can do this by fully repairing and stripping all items from a docked unit. When you click purchase, the docked unit will be moved to storage and the purchased unit will take its place. NOTES: There is a price premium for purchasing items in this way, but you also save production and delivery time by getting the unit immediately. Remember that you are also purchasing all the items the unit has fitted, so choose wisely. The best time to purchase an island unit is after capturing an enemy island, so it is worth leaving some units alive if you wish to do this. You must have blueprints for all items fitted to the unit, or you will not be able to purchase it.
---Walrus bridge assistance - When a Walrus on autopilot approaches a bridge, it will automatically be placed onto the start of the bridge. This will help with Walruses getting stuck when trying to cross bridges.
---Walrus steering has been modified. The rear wheels will now steer in the opposite direction. This gives Walruses a much tighter turning circle and may also help with some situations where a Walrus would get stuck in a confined space or against an obstacle. Manual control may take some time to get used to as you will need less steering input for a particular turn. If you do not like this change, delete the deadlyislands\scripts\base\main\groundvehicle file.
---Some improvements to the auto hook - The command bar auto hook button states will now be saved between sessions, so you do not need to activate them every time. If a Walrus is in auto refuelling range of a fuel station, it will not be hooked until it is fully refuelled / repaired (as well as the Manta, depending on unit-to-unit refuelling mode).
---When the carrier is parked at a pier and a Manta is docking with a hooked Walrus, it should no longer drop the Walrus on top of the pier.
---Improved situation where island Walruses become piled up outside garages, preventing newly built Walruses from exiting their garage.
---Long range attack Mantas have been upgraded in terms of both their strength and numbers. Recommend setting the "Attack waves from nearby islands" option on page 2 of the customization menu to "Enabled with safety".
---Improved broken glass effect when the currently selected unit is destroyed.

-UI:
---Islands overview - Island listing is now fully icon-based instead of using words. This will be clearer, especially for non-English languages, and also allowed a moderate reduction in the vertical size of the overview. For islands that do not have a connection to your current stockpile island, or cannot be reached with your current fuel level, this will now be indicated by a red stockpile or fuel icon respectively. For enemy islands, the island mission will now be indicated by the relevant icon in the area on the right. Any island under attack will now always be shown in the list, even if the listing mode is set to APA or Neutral.
---Some improvements to the alternative radar - Island units will now be shown with their correct orientation. Carrier outlines will now also be shown. Improved accuracy of the position of icons on the outer edges of the radar. Mission objective marker will now be shown on the radar. Zoom can be quickly adjusted by holding the right mouse button and using the wheel.
---Added an extra listing mode in the advanced production screen that will show missing blueprints. This will allow you to adjust the auto-queue settings for these items before they are unlocked, as well as just seeing which blueprints you are still waiting for.
---In the advanced production screen, for auto-queued items which are on hold due to their minimum material setting, their icon will now show the pause and material icons, rather than the "Pending material" wording previously shown.
---In the advanced production screen, pointing to the item currently in production will now show the remaining time and material required to complete the item, rather than the overall time and material for the item.
---Some improvements to the main menu - The main menu now has a screen saver feature which will activate after being idle for some time. When loading the game, if a strategy game was previously played, the "Strategy Game" button will be selected. When exiting from a game, the "Exit Game" button will be selected. The "Quit Carrier Command" dialog box has been moved so that you do not need to move the mouse to confirm.
---If the currently selected unit is causing damage, this will now be indicated by a red ring around the target reticle. LIMITATIONS: Only damaging hits will be shown. Shield hits or hits which destroy the target will not be shown. When controlling carrier guns, damage from any of the other guns will also be shown.
---In the tactical scan target list, damage to the targets is now displayed in real time regardless of the "Scan update rate" setting on page 3 of the customization menu, which reduces the need to have this set to "maximum".
---When "Unit quick command buttons" is enabled on page 4 of the customization menu, an additional command has been added for fitting docked units with their default fitting if they have had one set in the equip screen.
---Removed the film grain effect. If you prefer having the grain effect, delete the deadlyislands\textures\noise file.
---Improvements throughout the mod for display of information in non-English languages.

-SAVES:
---Starting a new campaign will no longer delete the backup saves from the previous game on that profile (only for saves made while the backups feature was enabled). Instead, they will be moved to a separate backup folder for that type of campaign within the folder of that profile.
---If there are any previous campaigns backed up or any saved games which are not backed up in the current profile, this will be shown below the profile name on the main menu.
---A new option on page 7 of the customization menu allows unlimited "user" saves (manual saves made from the menu) instead of the game's normal limit of 8. With this option enabled, if you have 8 or more user saves, use the save menu to overwrite an existing save. The overwritten save will be restored when you exit to the desktop and will be available when you start the game again. If you disable this option, the number of user save slots will not be reduced, but will not be extended any further.

-FIXES:
Fixed a bug causing a display glitch when the "Alternative dock cameras" option is set to walrus only or manta only.
Fixed a bug causing the "Scout drone autopilot altitude control" option not to be applied correctly.
Fixed a bug causing some islands not to have their defense level boosted correctly when using the "Enemy island upgrade levels" option.
Fixed a bug in CCGM where a Manta's weapon could not be used if a second weapon was removed in certain situations.
Fixed a bug in CCGM where a dock being destroyed while a unit is in the middle of docking or undocking would cause the unit to be stuck, or floating in mid-air until the dock is repaired. They will now automatically be docked or undocked after a few seconds if this happens.

Several smaller fixes and improvements throughout the mod.

Thanks to all who provided feedback since the last update, and to Rob04 for playtesting.

Download page HERE, or go directly to the file HERE. Optional camouflages HERE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update.

Posted a second hotfix for a few minor issues in the v1.33 update:

-Improved accuracy of the position of icons on the outer edges of the alternative radar.
-Zoom and tint adjustments on the alternative radar not saved correctly between sessions.
-Possible message saying an item could not be added to the carrier when arriving at an island.
-Crash which would occur if auto-hook is enabled and a Walrus happens to be on top of the Manta's lift while the Manta is docked.

If you already downloaded v1.33, please download again.

• Thanks 2

how do I actually recognize if this is mod is working? getting the game to launch was a miracle as it seems steam has issues launching it and many ppl reported it with different solutions, I managed to do so but not through steam but by making a link to desktop and playing with compatibility options.

edit 1: so, it starts from steam, I had to give admin permissions to the exe of the game itself, but if I try to use the command -mod deadlyislands the game doesn't start at all, neither through steam nor through the desktop link. HALP!!!! I really want this to work!

edit 2: nevermind, I was trying to use combined mod pack with it and that's what was causing the issue, even with the proper tweaked db file given by the author of combined mod pack.

edit 3: omg this is awesome! I remember uninstalling the game after finishing it because of the amount of annoying bugs it had with regret because it looked so beautiful, but you brought it to a whole other level! Thank you, now it looks like a finished product!!

edit 4: ok, how to use the refuel/repair unit-to-unit?

Only the direct download from my site will work. Those other versions posted elsewhere will not work as they have not been updated for years now.

You can easily tell if the mod is running from the main menu as the buttons will be aligned to the left instead of the middle of the screen, and also the mod version will display in the bottom right corner.

Anyway, glad you got it working and hope you enjoy.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:37 PM, species1571 said:

Only the direct download from my site will work. Those other versions posted elsewhere will not work as they have not been updated for years now.

You can easily tell if the mod is running from the main menu as the buttons will be aligned to the left instead of the middle of the screen, and also the mod version will display in the bottom right corner.

Anyway, glad you got it working and hope you enjoy.

Oh yeaaaah baby, it's working like a charm! I'm at 50% of the campaign already, this mod literally makes the game a finished product and the camo textures are a nice touch! sad you have to relaunch the game everytime tho, but the loading is instant nowdays so no biggie. The game crashes tho, mostly when playing with the supplies menu and especially when docked at the stockpile island. I think I've got loads of crashdumps at this point, how to share?

In the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\Your Steam ID number\65740\local there is a file crash.log you can send me at species1571@blueyonder.co.uk

It might not be a mod related crash, but I will take a look.

7 hours ago, species1571 said:

In the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\Your Steam ID number\65740\local there is a file crash.log you can send me at species1571@blueyonder.co.uk

It might not be a mod related crash, but I will take a look.

Thanks a lot, will send rn, on a total different note, how do you deploy flares from mantas when a missile is coming? I can't remember it and I can't find an answer via google it seems. Plus, if you could add a "skip enemy carrier destroyed cutscene", that would be very good.