species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

Hi Species, thank you very much for this awesome mod.

I have one question, when you achieve certain speed in mantas or walruses, the scenery starts to get warped, like it gets stretched on the sides, is there a way to turn off that effect?

Thank you very much in advance :D

Yes, you can reduce the FOV MAX setting on page 1 of the customization menu.

• Like 1

Updated to v1.28:

--Carrier weapons will no longer receive ammo refills when switching between weapons. If you switch back to a particular weapon, it will only have the amount of ammo that was remaining the last time it was used. A full refill of all weapons will take place upon arrival at a friendly island, or any time the supply barque arrives. At non-friendly islands, a refill will take place when the island has been captured. In some situations when a weapon is out of ammo, it will appear to be removed from the deck. This is normal, and will be corrected the next time the weapon is manually selected.
---Carrier weapon selection buttons on the quick options page of the customization menu have been expanded to show which weapons are currently available onboard the carrier in each position.
---Damaged carrier weapon positions will now be highlighted in red on the carrier gun layout diagram on the quick options page. If a weapon position is inoperable, this will be indicated by flashing red.
---A previous update improved carrier weapon firing when there are weapons in all five positions. This has been expanded to improve firing with any number of guns fitted.
---Carrier weapons now have text and audio alerts for low ammo and no ammo. There is a slider on the quick options page to allow you to select the low ammo warning level. Setting this to 0% will disable alerts.
---The enemy carrier will no longer use the shell cannon in its front gun position, as the AI is useless at firing this at targets.
---Replaced the carrier equipment displays shown on the right side of the map screen, as these were previously broken by the mod and were often showing incorrect information. The new displays will also show weapon names and some mod-specific information such as scout drone tactical scan level.
---Unit ammo levels can now be shown by a small vertical bar within the icon of each weapon on the command bar button of each unit. There is a customization option if you want to disable this feature.
---Units which are docking or undocking will now show a carrier icon in their command bar button in place of the generic P indicator.
---Mantas which have run out of fuel will no longer be indestructible, you will no longer be able to fire their weapons and they will no longer move around when they are on the ground.
---When a refuelling pod is selected, the display will now show if a unit is in refuelling range.
---Bonus blueprints available by driving a walrus close to a research center are now random in each game (these are available in strategy mode only).
---Pointing to a research center on the map will now show if it has any bonus blueprints available. This will only be shown once the island is captured, but you can still go and obtain any available blueprints while the island is hostile if you prefer.
---Added a customization option to protect usefull buildings such as piers and firewalls from damage, as these are the most annoying buildings to destroy by accident.
---While at a neutral island with turrets, the green icons on the island will be a brighter shade to improve the visibility of turrets on the map.
---Unit equipment such as missiles and scanners will now be able to lock on to neutral island turrets.
---Rear camera angle will now work when a droid or other character is selected.

FIXES:
---Added fix for a problem in CCGM where the enemy carrier would get stuck at an island early in the game and not move for the rest of the game (strategy mode only).
---Added fix for a problem in CCGM where research centers cannot be revealed on the map. Revealing an item near a research center, or the command center, will now reveal the research center.
---Fixed a bug in CCGM where unit waypoint markers do not display correctly if there is also an objective marker.
---Units which have position holding and dynamic stance enabled will now be able to fire when moving to a waypoint.
---Fixed a problem where saving a game during the barque arrival animation, re-loading that saved game would cause any subsequently saved game to crash on loading.
---Fixed a crash when clicking the abandon button of a unit which is out of fuel or out of telemetry range.
---Fixed a crash when trying to give a waypoint to a carrier walrus which is out of telemetry range.
---Fixed a crash when a unit has been left behind and happens to be selected when arriving at the next island.

CAMPAIGN-SPECIFIC FIXES:
---Added fix for a problem in CCGM where there would not be a hack capsule available on the carrier when arriving at Treasure or Frontier. This only applies to the first visit to these islands.
---Fixed several mod functions not working in the early part of the campaign such as automatic refuelling of walruses at island stations and carrier damage displays. This was also causing the FOV setting to be used in the early FPS segments, causing possible graphical clipping of Myrik's rifle, and the rifle only being able to fire single shots.
---Fixed a problem where it was possible for the carrier to run out of fuel when using the fuel management system to pay for unit refuelling or repairs. It will now be possible for the carrier to travel in timewarp, even if the fuel level is critical, until fuel production has been unlocked.
---Fixed a problem with obtaining a carrier weapon by hacking an island station, whereby the weapon would not be added to the carrier.
---Fixed a frequent crash which would happen on Outpost after saving the game and then taking a unit into combat.
---Running totals of friendly and enemy islands will now only count islands which have been unlocked.
---Discovering a new unit on an island will now display a message more approprite to this situation.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback reports and requests since the last update, and Rob04 for playtesting and requesting several of the changes in this update.

Download page HERE

• Thanks 1

Additional hotfix to last week's update:

---Fixed a particular situation where the ammo level of one of the front carrier guns could be affected when launching a Hammerhead missile.

---Fixed a problem where a Hammerhead missile is not correctly added to the carrier when the supply barque is stuck.

---Fixed a crash when pressing the backspace key to switch back to the scout drone if it has already docked.

Addition - 10th July:
---Campaign only: Fixed a problem with the carrier not being given weapons after conquering Outpost.

Addition - 14th July:
---Fixed a problem with carrier weapons having incorrect ammo level when arriving at an island.

If you already downloaded v1.28, please download again.

• Like 1

Hi species, it's me again, nicoman. For some reason the forum did no longer knew me and I had to sign up new.

I am amazed and happy that you still develop this mod :D very good job bro.

I am currently giving another playthrough with your latest v1.28. Most impressive. The drone landing sequence, the support barque arriving sequence - super.

And all those new features!! Cool. I especially like the drone aquiring targets and displaying them on the left side. The tagging and all of course too ;) . This is what I would have guessed to be in the original game.

All the features you added make this game really enjoyable now!

Oh, before I do an applause overkill, I got one possible bug. When I tag a target with the drone, then allign the carrier shell and fire at the target, I switch back to the drone for looking at the impact place of the shell.

It happened twice now, but I hit the target EXACTLY (a shield booster), and it took no damage. At least not, if I quickly swapped to the drone and whatched the impact of the shell. When I then only fired and did not switch to the drone, the target recived the damage and was destroyed....

And, it would be REALLY helpfull, if we would get ancle and heading with a precision of at least one digit past the comma :). I mean, instead of ancle 75, ancle 75.4. But I assume you already thought of it and you hit a game limitation there..... is that helpfull soul of the Bohemia coding team still around?

Once again, thanks for your prolonged effort species.

Thanks for your comments.

The problem with buildings not taking damage when you switch away from the gun is a problem in the unmodded game which was reported a long time ago but has never been fixed. I know what you mean because I also use this method. The trick is to see the first shell hitting and then stay on the gun and fire more shots. Once you see the building disappear from the scan, quickly switch back to the drone to see the building explode.

Displaying fractions of a degree in the tagged scan item would not help as the carrier compass only displays whole degrees. It should still be precise enough to help you line up your shots.

I don't know about the Bohemia team, I have not heard anything from them for a long time.

Hi Species,

Great mod, this makes playing CCGM complete.

One little extra feature I could suggest for this great mod is this:

When flying or driving with manual control during night/bad weather, this game could do with some sort of enhanced camera vision. The color of the recon drone camera view has a blueish color (like night vision). How hard would it be to add this as an extra switchable color to playable units (mantas and walruses) for better visibility during manual control in adverse weather and at night and bind it to F11 or another unused key.

Thank you again for this great mod.

Thanks for your comments.

Unfortunately I don't know a way of doing what you ask.

Thank you again for your great work. 

I wish we could have more islands :) but anyhow I come back to the game again and again only because of your great work!!!

Updated to v1.29:

---Added new camera angles for the Hammerhead missile showing the missile's flight and detonation.
---Improvements to the barque arrival animation, plus additional views during the docking sequence (Note: Additional views will not be shown if it is raining).
---HUD display for the scout drone has been simplified with unnecessary items removed for a clearer view. Crosshairs will now only appear when using the viewing camera mode.
---When shell is selected as the carrier's front gun on the quick options page, and there is also a plasma or rocket launcher available, an additional option for AI auto-select will appear. When this option is enabled, the shell will be fitted when using manual weapon control. A few seconds after switching away from manual control, the best alternative weapon will be fitted for use by the AI. The shell will automatically be re-fitted when switching back to manual weapon control. This prevents the AI from firing the shell, as it hits targets with a low success rate, while still allowing you to have the shell selected for manual use.
---When the control tower is damaged, movement and zoom speed when control tower camera mode is active will be reduced in line with the level of damage.
---Added an option to move the carrier to the island's initial anchor point. This will be useful if the carrier has been sailed too far into shallow water and cannot be steered out. This option is under alter carrier position on the quick options page. The role reversal option has now also been moved to this location.
---After activating afterburner or turbo on a unit, you can now cancel by pressing the activation key a second time.
---On the key bindings page of the customization menu, keys which previously had to match the setting in the main game options menu have been removed. These will now be detected automatically.
---On the map screen, you can now see the carrier's equipment information on the right side of the screen without switching to the carrier by pointing to the carrier weapons icon on the command bar. This can also now be displayed when in timewarp.

FIXES:
---Fixed a problem where the wheels of a walrus would become invisible until the game was re-loaded.
---Fixed a problem where using a refuelling pod on a manta which had completely run out of fuel would cause the manta to be destroyed.
---Fixed a problem where a walrus could not be carried by a manta if the walrus had position holding enabled on the quick options page (this problem would not be experienced on all systems, as it seems to be driver related).

CAMPAIGN-SPECIFIC FIXES:
---Fixed a problem where the full tech unlock option being set very low could unlock production of all items in the game before production is even possible. This option can now only activate after reaching Outpost.
---Using the nearby islands overview on the map screen to change friendly island types or set as stockpile will now only be enabled once the normal method has been unlocked in the campaign.
---Instant sail buttons on the nearby islands overview will not be available in the early stages of the campaign, as this causes dialogue to be skipped.

OPTIONAL:
This update adds support for camouflage textures designed by d3rt13n. This graphics addon has been designed with a choice of hexagon camouflage or disruptive camouflage, with the enemy having the opposite selection, and there are three variations of each type, designed to suit specific island climates (arctic, volcanic, etc). New UEC and APA logos have also been designed for the carriers and units. When installed, all carriers, mantas and walruses, including all island units and flags, will feature the new designs.
To install, unzip the obj and materials folders into your deadlyislands folder and launch the game. On page 8 of the customization menu, two new camouflage options will be enabled. The first option allows you to select the theme you want your units to have, as well as whether you want the player units to be styled as UEC or APA (entries listed as undesignated are for potential future use and will not do anything). The second option is best left on auto select, but you can choose a specific climate if you prefer. As only one set of textures can be loaded at any time, when this option is set to auto select, arriving at an island or loading a saved game where the island has a different climate from the recommended textures, a message will appear prompting you to exit to the desktop and resume the game.
Note that when you click exit on the main menu, there will be a short pause before the confirmation option appears. This is the textures being prepared for the next session.

Thanks to d3rt13n for designing the camouflages and Rob04 for continued playtesting and requests.

Download page HERE. Optional camouflages HERE.

• Like 3

I have posted an additional hotfix to yesterday's update, please download the mod again if you already got the update.

Hi I've noted you are still improving your mod, very impressive (also crazy)

If you want to incorporate any changes from the DCMP/Tweak mod please feel free as I'm not sure I will continue frequent development of it.

On 02/05/2017 at 9:45 AM, disorder said:

Hi I've noted you are still improving your mod, very impressive (also crazy)

If you want to incorporate any changes from the DCMP/Tweak mod please feel free as I'm not sure I will continue frequent development of it.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Is there any way we can play as APA carrier(and units) with original Black/Red colors ?

On 7/10/2017 at 8:38 AM, Demetross said:

Is there any way we can play as APA carrier(and units) with original Black/Red colors ?

Here is a file that will do what you want:

http://www.species1571.com/deadlyislands_camo_switch.zip

Extract the materials and obj folders into your deadlyislands folder (if you are already using the camo addon, all you need is the deadlyislandstextures1.cfg file from the obj folder, you will need to rename it to deadlyislandstextures5.cfg and copy it into your existing obj folder). Run the game, go to page 7 of the customization menu and set Camouflage Theme to "Switch APA and UEC standard camos". Exit to the desktop and restart the game.

Hi species

Great mod. Love the game.

Got it installed on steam. Got 3 islands left to conquer but have an issue with the save game.

Don't know if it is your mod or steam itself that is causing the problem.

I have an Unhandled exception error message.

Access Violation. Illegal read by 40390a at ffffffff

SymGetSymFromAggr:487, addr:0x0040390a      (this line appears twice)

Any ideas?

Hi.

It's one of those annoying crash reports that doesn't give any details, so it's impossible to say what the problem is.

The simplest solution is to resume from an earlier saved game and see if the game plays past that point.

Also, I assume you are running the latest mod version and opted into the beta version of the game on Steam?

I would recommend using the timed autosave function in the customization menu, as this will give you plenty of saves to resume from if there is a problem with a saved game and prevent you losing too much progress.

Hi Species

Thanks for the reply.

Yes on the beta version and latest mod version.

I have gone back a few saves to one that worked and carried on from there.

Interestingly it was most of the autosaved games that were the problem.

One island to go now. Will probably start it again when finished   :)

Updated to v1.30:

---Added an alternative radar which has the capability of overlaying the radar icons over a satellite image of the terrain on the current island. Holding the right mouse button and pointing to the radar will reveal options for zoom level and tint level to suit your preferred contrast for the satellite image. If a target has been tagged using the scout drone tactical scanners, its icon will flash in the radar. If an object is highlighted in the tactical scan target list, it will be shown in white on the radar. There are options on page 6 of the customization menu for the radar. The existing option for always displaying carriers on the radar has also been moved here and now applies only to the alternative radar and has been extended to include carrier mantas and walruses, as well as the scout drone. Note: When the scout drone is selected, the radar will always appear fully zoomed out. Campaign mode has several sections which take place underground, and the alternative radar function will automatically disable during these sections.
---Added remote unit views. This allows you to stay in control of one unit while still keeping an eye on the progress of your other units by displaying a view of the other units in a small window within your current view. The remote view can be seen by holding the right mouse button and pointing at the chosen unit's command bar button. Additionally, a cycling view of your other units can also be displayed. If the cycling view is enabled, holding the right mouse button and pointing at the remote view window will allow you to select which units are included in the cycle, and also to drag the window to your preferred position. There is an option for this feature on page 4 of the customization menu. Note: A limitation of this feature is that remote views of docked units will not appear. If a docked unit is selected, the remote view of undocked units can be viewed, but the lighting will not be correct. Due to the additional graphics rendering required for the remote unit view, there is a performance cost to using this feature.
---Added quick command buttons for units. This allows you to stay in control of one unit and quickly give certain commands to other individual units without switching to them first. In fullscreen, hold the right mouse button and move the pointer to the bottom of the screen, below the button of the unit you wish to give a command. Depending on the unit and its situation, certain options will pop up. Some of the options are common, such as dock, undock, execute, suspend. You can also set the current unit to assist the remote unit or vice versa with the "assist" or "assist from" options, as well as set the current unit to move to the remote unit's current position or vice versa with "move to" or "move from". For walruses, you can also send them to the nearest discovered repair, rearm or refuel station. If any walrus is currently at a refuelling station, mantas can also be quickly sent to that walrus for refuel or repair. Note: If the cycling remote unit views option is enabled, you can also issue the quick commands via the remote view window.
---Added a combat log below the radar in fullscreen. This displays a rolling list of the most recent enemy units destroyed and friendly units lost. There is an option on page 3 of the customization menu which allows you to set the timeout interval or disable this feature.
---Added option to force the level of detail of all objects. This will prevent the level of detail from noticeably changing as you move closer to or further from objects. Note: Due to the increased detail being rendered, performance may be affected by forcing a high level of detail. If you have a low-end machine, you may gain some performance by forcing a low level of detail at the expense of graphic detail of near objects.
---Enemy island mantas, walruses, turrets and certain buildings now gradually repair after taking damage. Speed of repair depends on island rating. There is an option on page 2 of the customization option if you prefer not to have this.
---Added "Enemy unit stealth" option. Enemy mantas and walruses will have their searchlights and headlights/tail lights disabled, making them less easy to spot. This option is on page 2 of the customization menu.
---Context buttons above the command bar have been enhanced to allow more options in certain situations when multiple units are selected. For example, if an undocked unit and a docked unit are both selected, both dock and undock buttons will now be available.
---When using the Dynamic Stance option, units are no longer limited to defensive stance when moving to a waypoint. Instead, they are put into an alternative stance which has the aggression of offensive stance while still preventing them from wandering off from their course. This will make units much more aggressive when moving to a waypoint.
---Tactical scanners can now be added to and removed from the scout drone when it is docked. When scanners are available, a fitting panel will become available on the quick options page of the customization menu. If you lose a drone, you will also lose any scanners fitted to it.
---When level 2 tactical scanning is enabled, a target can now be tagged by clicking on it on the map screen when either the carrier or the scout drone is currently selected.
---The currently tagged target no longer has its bearing shown in the the tactical scan target list. Instead, the tagged target information is indicated by a needle within the compass in fullscreen view. This makes it easier to find the tagged target and also allows the tagging function to be used when tactical scan target list is disabled. To allow this function to work, a compass has also been added to the exterior camera views of units.
---The currently tagged target is now also displayed below the compass. This allows its information to be viewed even when the target list is disabled.
---When the carrier's shell gun is selected and there is a tagged target, holding the camera key (C by default) will display a basic view of the target from the scout drone. The mouse will remain in control of the shell gun to allow trajectory to be adjusted. This improves on the previous long-range shelling method of switching back and forth between the scout drone and the shell gun. It also avoids a bug in CCGM where shell damage is not applied to buildings if the shell lands when the gun is not selected.
---In the tactical scan target list, turrets are now indicated by "---" to improve the readability of the list and make it easier to distinguish between turrets and other targets.
---On the map screen, current mission run-time and current real-world time are now shown within the preview window in the top right. This means you no longer need to minimise to the desktop or access the Steam overlay to see the time.
---The "Maintain drone altitude during program" option on page 5 of the customization menu now has an additional selection which allows the drone to climb during program.
---Units which are docking or undocking now have an indicator within their command bar button. The carrier icon now remains lit when a unit is fully docked.
---If a manta lift or walrus dock is inoperable, this will now be indicated by a red carrier icon within that unit's command bar button.
---Units with a plan that is suspended will now show a flashing white S in their command bar button. This is more noticeable than the previous blacked out P.
---Made changes to the granting of progress bonus blueprints. Starting a game with multiple friendly islands no longer counts these as progress, only islands you actually capture are counted. Progress is no longer lost when the enemy captures one of your islands, but progress is gained if you re-take an island you previously lost.
---The "Bridge background on map screen" option on page 4 of the customization menu has been extended to allow the refresh rate of the background to be reduced. If you previously disabled the bridge background for performance gain, you can get virtually the same gain without completely disabling it by setting a higher frame interval.
---Added "Low performance enhancement" option on page 7 of the customization menu. This is aimed at low-end machines which suffer from difficulty controlling the mouse pointer on menus, controlling mantas with the mouse, etc. It is not a miracle fix, but if you suffer from this problem, you can try it out. Note: The "in-game" options will reduce effective framerate, so only use this function if it gives a benefit, and use the lowest level that works. The "Remote unit views" option will not work while an in-game option is set.
---In the strategy game, Research Centers are now hackable the same way as a normal building, rather than the previous method of driving a carrier walrus close to the building to obtain research bonus blueprints.
---Added option for automatic backup of saved games. All saved games will be copied into a backup folder within the current profile's folder. There is an option on page 7 of the customization menu for this. Note: Starting a new game on an existing profile will delete any previous backups on that profile for that particular game mode.

FIXES:
---Fixed a bug in CCGM where if a saved game is loaded in which a unit has an ammo box fitted and then you manually fit a different weapon, that weapon would not receive the extra ammo. In these cases, the extra ammo will automatically be added the next time the unit undocks, as long as its ammo has reached maximum.
---Fixed a bug in CCGM where if a manta is fitted with flares, the flares would not be refilled when the manta docks.
---Fixed a bug in CCGM which can cause a crash when timewarping between islands. This mainly happens after conquering Fulcrum in campaign mode, although it can happen any time.
---Fixed a bug in CCGM strategy mode where weather sound effects such as rain or snow storms would no longer play for the rest of the game. Due to this, you will no longer be able to skip the enemy carrier sinking cutscene. Note: This can also happen in campaign mode, but it seems to correct itself eventually, unlike strategy mode.
---Fixed flicker when switching into or out of the map screen when a mod-specific camera view is active.
---Fixed walrus waypoint markers in the HUD sometimes flickering to the wrong position when the field of view has been extended using the FOV sliders on the quick options page of the customization menu.
---Fixed Nearest Islands Overview sometimes incorrectly showing an island's mission as "none" after using the "swap progress & position with enemy" option in strategy mode. In campaign mode, this will now show as "unknown" for islands which have not yet been visited.

CAMPAIGN-SPECIFIC:
---Removed the previous limitation on the availability of the "Instant sail" button in the Nearest Islands Overview. You can now use instant sail at any time without missing any dialogue. In fact, I would now recommend using this rather than the "Set sail" button in the island properties window, as this method will not load the next island in the middle of a sentence of dialogue, which can happen with the normal method.
---Fixed Nearest Islands Overview showing an island's defense level which is different from that shown in the island properties window.
---Several fixes for islands that end with a cutscene immediately after capturing the Command Center: Carrier units will no longer be magically docked after the cutscene. The scout drone will no longer be lost if it is deployed when the cutscene starts. Island victory music will be faded out at the start of the cutscene, as it was sometimes drowning out the dialogue during the cutscene.
---During campaign missions where you cannot access the carrier to launch the scout drone (for example the FPS mission on Fulcrum), it can now be launched using the drone shortcut key. In these situations the drone will automatically follow you and will dock when fuel gets low. You can also manually dock the drone by pressing the shortcut key again.

Thanks to all who provided requests and feedback since the last update, and to rob04 for continued playtesting.

Download page HERE. Optional camouflages HERE.

• Thanks 1