species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

Thanks, I have made a small update to the 1.26 download if you want to prevent this situation happening again.

Thank you, its working fine. 

some thoughts:

• the advanced production screens tends to appear empty now and then and a little later repopulates its production queue again.
  • i changed a line in your script so that the carrier refuelling at ports is about 50 times faster than in your version. This way the carrier refuels at ports at about the speed walrusses refuel near power stations. This changes the game nicely as you usually use islands on your ways around the map to refuel the carrier, you don't produce fuel anymore. its much nicer this way and feels realistic. It gives you a producting advantage but on the other hand a "carrier chasing" and "island settling" disadvantage, as it forces your to stop at islands to refuel. I was wondering if you could make that an option on the DI options so that i don't have to edit the file whenever i update it to a new version
  • i was wondering if it was possible to have island walrusses or mantas set waypoints? it would be very nice to select them, tell them to "go there" and then select the next one. 

thank you again :)

- Faber

Check your minimum material settings, most likely your actual available material is dropping below the set minimum level, which causes auto-queued items of that priority to be removed until there is enough material again.

At 50x normal carrier refuelling speed, you would refuel from empty to full in under 40 seconds, which is not realistic for something the size of a ship. This is basically cheating and not what it is intended for. The idea of pier refuelling is not to completely eliminate the need for fuel packs, but to offset the cost of using the fuel management system (using carrier fuel to pay for repairs / refuelling of your units etc.). For myself, I just park at the pier of an enemy island as soon as possible while I go to work attacking the island. You won't need it to be completely filled up, just enough to get to the next island, assuming you don't want to make fuel packs.

Giving island units waypoints, I don't have a way to do that. The main problem is how to actually choose a destination, as they don't accept waypoints from the map. Also they wouldn't display their waypoints on the map like your own units do.

Well I would not insist on the 50x, but the normal speed (fillup in 30 Min irrelevant of timewarp) is unrealistiv either, i think, considering that the supply barque refills instantly. 

Species, one other question if I may:

- when i launch a manta from the map to destroy say a island building, i have to wait several seconds (the launch itself, and a little distance from the carrier) until i can shift-click the carrier to add "dock" to the manta program.

- i was wondering if it was possible for the mod to shorten that to a single shift-click. launch a manta with shift click on a map waypoint or building and it instantly starts off with a "go there, hit it, return to base" program?

It seems to just be a limitation of the game, units will only accept a new waypoint when they are either fully docked or fully undocked.

Updated to v1.27:

---Each walrus now has the ability to carry up to 4 support droids. When droids have been produced and shipped to the carrier, you can fit them in the equip screen. The fitting option is separate from the normal fitting items so carrying droids will not reduce your ability to fit other items. When the walrus reaches land, you can launch the droids using a button on the command bar, which can also be used to dock any active droids that are near the walrus. When a droid is launched, by default it will follow its walrus and will automatically receive repair and weapon recharge as long as it stays close to the walrus. You can cycle through manual control of a walrus's droids by pressing the shared key for camera rear align (Z by default). If you prefer to take the droids away from the walrus, you can make the currently selected droid the leader by pressing the shared key for camera front align (Q by default). Droids will automatically return to their leader when not in manual control. Droids are not waterproof and will be destroyed if you take them into water. They will not follow their leader into water, but you should still be careful about where they are deployed. They are also easily destroyed by impact, so you should be careful when driving walruses near them. If a droid's walrus is destroyed or docks without them, they can be transferred to any other walrus that does not already have a full set of droids by driving the walrus close to them.
---Added option for camera mode recall. With this option enabled, the interior/exterior camera mode of units can be independent, and will automatically be restored next time you switch back to that unit. If you prefer, you can choose to have only one selection for each type of unit. For example you may have all mantas use interior camera and walruses using exterior.
---Added new camera angle for walruses which will give a fixed forward view regardless of where the turret is pointing. This uses the same key binding as the manta downward camera (left ALT by default).
---Made improvements to the unit rear views and manta downward camera angles.
---Added key combination for focusing the map on the currently selected item using left shift plus the key for camera align rear (Z by default). This is mostly useful when manually controlling droids or island turrets, but can be used for any currently selected item.
---Improved tooltip information display in the map screen so that it will be displayed for a few seconds, even if the pointer moves off the item by a short distance. This will give a better chance of being able to read the information if you are not precise with the pointer, or if you are trying to see information about an item that is moving.
---The attack waves from nearby enemy islands function now has the option to disable safety. With safety disabled, the mantas will continue to attack, even if the carrier would be destroyed. The attack mantas will now break off their attack if you withdraw from range of the island they are defending.
---Added the ability to give the selected unit a waypoint to an item on the map by holding the left control key while pointing to the object you want to go to. This is mostly useful for moving island units, but can also be used for carrier units, and situations where a carrier walrus will not accept a waypoint to an item by clicking on it may be resolved by using this method instead.
---Unit-to-unit repair and walrus self-repair are now indicated by an animation in their command bar buttons. Walrus self-repair will no longer make a beeping sound during operation.
---Scout drone is no longer instantly repaired and refuelled when it docks. While the docked drone is being repaired and refuelled, its overall readiness will be shown in the launch button on the command bar. The docking animation for the scout drone has also been improved.
---When a target is tagged in the scout drone tactical scanner's target list while either the carrier or scout drone is selected, the target's bearing from the carrier will now be shown. This will assist when using the carrier's shell cannon to hit targets on the island.
---Carrier refuelling at island piers is now accelerated when in timewarp.
---You can now switch to control of friendly island mantas, walruses, turrets and droids by clicking on them on the map, even if the mouse pointer does not indicate a green circle. The option for forcing island unit control has been removed from the customization menu.

FIXES:
-Fixed a crash which could occur in some situations when switching to the map screen when the bridge background is disabled.
-Fixed a bug in CCGM when using mantas armed with missiles where the targeting icon would get left on screen after switching to another unit.
-Fixed a bug in CCGM where the carrier would sometimes end up at an angle or partially underwater until manually moved.
-Fixed a bug in CCGM where loading a saved game would result in island walruses not being given their items if the game was saved before they had fully left the area of their garage.
-Fixed a problem where the enemy carrier would sometimes attack you with empty units.
-Discovered a condition which occurs in CCGM that will cause a faulty saved game, resulting in a crash within a few seconds of the saved game being loaded. The save game and exit game buttons in the menu will appear red in this situation to indicate that a bad save would be made, and you should return to the game for a few seconds until the condition passes. The mod's quick save (F6 by default) and timed autosave functions will automatically be delayed until this condition passes.
-Fixed a display fault in the islands overview window when set to list neutral islands.

Thanks to eveyone who provided feedback reports and requests since the last update, especially Rob04 who requested several of the additions in this update, and for continued playtests as the work progressed.

Download page HERE

• Like 1

First time user of your mod but I am having some issues.

First, how do I make the units go backward?    I am in a walrus and the S key moves forward with the W key going faster.. I cannot seem to find the key to go backward..

Next, How do I get the original camera back?   I do not like the first person view all the time...  When I hit the old camera change key it does not change the view back to 3rd person like it used to...

First time user of your mod but I am having some issues.

First, how do I make the units go backward?    I am in a walrus and the S key moves forward with the W key going faster.. I cannot seem to find the key to go backward..

Next, How do I get the original camera back?   I do not like the first person view all the time...  When I hit the old camera change key it does not change the view back to 3rd person like it used to...

It sounds like your key binding settings may have been corrupted, as there is nothing in the mod that should make your walrus go forward with the S key. Press escape and go into the options, then down to the key bindings tab and click default to restore all the game's normal key functions to their default and see if this fixes the problem.

By default, the C key switches between interior and exterior camera mode and this should still be the same. The only difference would be if you had activated a mod-specific camera mode such as fixed forward camera or tail camera, you would need to press their key again to deactivate and return to the normal camera modes.

It sounds like your key binding settings may have been corrupted, as there is nothing in the mod that should make your walrus go forward with the S key. Press escape and go into the options, then down to the key bindings tab and click default to restore all the game's normal key functions to their default and see if this fixes the problem.

By default, the C key switches between interior and exterior camera mode and this should still be the same. The only difference would be if you had activated a mod-specific camera mode such as fixed forward camera or tail camera, you would need to press their key again to deactivate and return to the normal camera modes.

Did not work so I uninstalled and am installing the game clean.. then will try again... 

But, I am also having issues in Windows 10... Game seems to just CTD randomly now for now reason...   Not related to your excellent mod... Hope they consider fixing the game for Windows 10... 

Did not work so I uninstalled and am installing the game clean.. then will try again... 

But, I am also having issues in Windows 10... Game seems to just CTD randomly now for now reason...   Not related to your excellent mod... Hope they consider fixing the game for Windows 10... 

I have been on 10 since it came out and have not had any problems. You will get the odd crash from time to time, but I can't say it has increased since Windows 10. Maybe there are some drivers that aren't yet stable for 10.

I just watched a Youtube video of species1571 playing CC:GM with this mod and it looks *stunning*. Congratulations to everyone who's kept working on this game to make it what it should have always been.

I have the exactly same problem as malakie.

I use now Windows 10 and my C key (camera toggle) does not work any more.

B Key and Nose cam all working perfectly only C key seems disabled

I have resetted / deleted all settings under mygames folder to allow new generation.

This did not help.

Would be great If you could take a look at it, great mod as I always wrote here :)

Strange, I have Windows 10 also and no problem like this. Do you also have the problem of walrus going forward with the S key?

Can you try a game without the mod and see if it still happens?

W and S key work as they are supposed to do. no problem there, as soon as I unload mod everything works fine with C key camera, 

Are you playing the campaign or the strategy game? If you are playing the campaign, can you try a strategy game and see if it is the same?

I am only playing strategy game I started 2 time a new one. With and without mod

With mod no C key

and I think this is important. I did now a fallback to 1.26 version and with this version C key works perfectly.

Its broken in 1.27

On page 4 of the customization menu, at the bottom there is an option "Unit camera mode recall", can you try disabling this?

Sorry to say but disabling on page 4 unit camera mode recall has no effect on camera switching with C

Does changing the key binding in the main game options do anything?

The Detect button does not work , on Page 8

and in game changing C to whatever is free is working but there is also no effect which means camera key is simply not working

Can you send me a saved game where this is happening?

On the Steam version, they are saved in Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\your user number\65740\local\profile name

On the retail version, they are saved in Documents\CarrierCommand\profile name

Also send me your ccsettings.xml deadlyislands.cfg and deadlyislandspresets.cfg files from the location where the profiles are.

species1571@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for sending your files.

I have made a small update to the download to correct this.

YES!!!!!

its working again.  Great work. I love this mod :)

Thanks for all your efforts!

You are welcome. The key detail was that it was only affecting walruses with no weapon fitted.