species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

Thanks Species.

That fix has worked, but I encountered another issue right after that.

After the cut scene I cant control the manta that it spawns me in and so the chase scene ends very quickly with him getting away.

After the cut scene I cant control the manta that it spawns me in and so the chase scene ends very quickly with him getting away.

Updated again.

Updated again.

Thanks again, That worked and I played through to the end of the campaign.

Well, me smartass. Of course that was the 'issue'. All good now. Sorry for hassle.

Hey Species, just wanted to thank you for your recent mod updates. Great Work!

Hey Species, just wanted to thank you for your recent mod updates. Great Work!
as allways great work :)

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you enjoy the mod.

Hey Species, i have a curious issue with the mod: the advanced Screen does no longer allow me to change prios or numbers for building stuff.

It looks like in this screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=388609590

I am stuck with the productions settings i created some time ago. What can i do now?

If you need the savegame, you can find it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5anS2kivp_xd2RUTXJvbkkxdk0/view?usp=sharing

Hey Species, i have a curious issue with the mod: the advanced Screen does no longer allow me to change prios or numbers for building stuff.

Hi. If you click at the top where it says Auto, this allows you to toggle the auto-queue column on or off. Just the other day I found a mistake that was causing this setting not to save properly, it is fixed now if you want to download again.

thank you for your quick reply, that click helps, and i will download it again.

Species, i am afraid but i have to report another issue. The auto-Builder feature, which up until recently (before using the 1.25 Version i think) worked flawlessly and which is a great addition to the game, unfortunately became very unreliable. in the game it appears it fills the queue, then empties it again, and seconds later out of the blue refills and re-empties again. And the filled queue is incomplete, as e.g. only yellow entries (mid-prio) but no green entries (low-prio) are present.

It might have started when i once used the old build screen to temporalily bypass the production queue. Or it startet when i upgraded to 1.25, not sure about that.

As you can see from the screenshot: It is empty, but from the numbers on the left you see it should not be empty as there is stuff below the requested numbers.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=389400868

Or am i missing something?

If you need a game save, try this one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5anS2kivp_xYk54bUg3eXk4ZlE/view?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

oops, never mind. I just found out the min materials numbers where not set correctly. It was me, my mistake.

Species, i have 2 suggestions:

- I like the feature of programmable Manta loadouts very much, but i wonder if it would be possible to have a default loadout, i.e. when a manta gets destroyed and respans as a new one, that it arrives not empty but already equipped with the default loadout equipment? say from the first sport or something?

- I usually equip my carrier using "flak" canons. I notice that the enemy carrier uses "quad gun" cannons all the time, which makes it easier for me to kill its defences. I know that choosing "green lasers" on my carrier also makes the enemy carrier choose them, but i don't lke them on the carrier and those include "rockets" on the enmy carrier, which are uber-strong, i don't like them either. Therefore the question: can the enemy carrier weaponry be changed to include 1-2 (or 4) flak cannons in the no-lasers-on-carrier-szenario?

thanx again for the time you still invest in this game :)

The first should be possible. As for the flak guns, the enemy carrier should be upgrading its guns depending on the enemy progress in the game, are you sure it never uses flaks?

Remember, since the latest update you can also select the enemy carrier hardening option, this will make it much less easy to take out his defensive systems.

Yes, i am sure. I kill the enemy several times in a game which starts on the strong enemy strength setting, and i usually manage to equip 4 flaks and a plasma on my carrier before i run into the enemy carrier, and all enemy carriers i then encounter carry plasma and 4 quad-guns, which i can then destroy using my flaks. I never saw the enemy carrier using flaks.

and yes, i know about the carrier armour hardening, but i'd prefer equal weaponry instead (or on top).

Updated to v1.26:
---With level 2 tactical scanning, the scout drone can now also communicate targets to you when you are not in the map screen. A list of targets will appear on the left side of the screen and will also show their current damage level. The list will automatically sort by distance from your currently selected unit. Clicking on a target in the list will cause any selected units to attack the target. Clicking while the carrier or scout drone is selected will tag the target instead and it will remain tagged when you switch to any unit. To select an item when the scout drone is selected, hold the right button and move the mouse up or down. The drone camera will focus on the highlighted item. If a target has been tagged, pressing the left button at any time will focus the drone camera on the tagged target. Note that targets must be flagged as being in line of sight, so you will need to switch to either the map or the scout drone to be able to see updated targets if the drone has been moved to a new location by waypoint. There are two customization options for this feature, the first option allows you to select the maximum number of nearby targets to display in the list (Only when a unit is selected. The carrier and scout drone will always display the maximum amount possible for your screen size). The second option allows you to select the update frequency for the target list. By default this is set to once per second. You can increase this to maximum (about three updates per second) for faster response, but performance impact will be greater.
---With level 2 tactical scanning, the scout drone will now be able to continue the tactical scan function for a short distance from the carrier when it is docked. This applies to both the information displayed on the map screen and the target list in fullscreen (requested by Rob04).
---When at an enemy island which has another enemy island in close enough range, the other island will send waves of long range mantas to attack your carrier at random intervals. These will approach from a position offshore from your current island and behind you relative to the island. The quantity and loadouts of these mantas will depend on the defense rating of the strongest nearby island. When these mantas run out of primary weapon ammo, they will flee across the island. Note that these mantas are only intended to cause damage and will not be able to destroy your carrier by themselves. There is a customization option for this feature if you prefer not to have it (feature requested by nicoman).
---When the supply barque is about to arrive, you will be able to actually see it surface behind the carrier and move inside the docking bay. If the main carrier button is selected and the carrier is not moving, a new camera angle will show this docking sequence. A message will tell you that the barque is arriving when this sequence starts.
---When defense drones are launched, they will now launch from the drone bay at the back of the carrier before moving to their positions. When the dock button is clicked, they will move to the back of the carrier and then dock into the drone bay. If the carrier weapons button is selected, a new camera angle will show the launch and dock sequences.
---An item on the quick options page of the customization menu now allows you to choose from various formations for the defense drones, including a formation that will always keep the drones between the carrier and the island, regardless of the direction the carrier is facing.
---Defense drones have had their damage output and armor increased slightly. They will now also slowly self-repair up to a certain level if their damage is not too great, and their damage level will now show when pointed to in the map screen.
---When a manta has rockets or missiles equipped as well as an additional weapon in the first slot, you can now turn off the ability for the AI to fire them. To do this, click the missile/rocket icon within the unit's command bar icon. To avoid accidental clicking when selecting units, you will need to hold down the left button for a short moment when clicking the missile or rocket icon. A small red cross will indicate that the missiles are disabled. As a safety precaution, this will be overridden if the main weapon runs out of ammo or the unit is damaged. In this case, the red cross will turn yellow. This function is intended for situations where you have a heavily armored/shielded manta fighting weaker targets and do not want the AI to waste missiles/rockets (requested by Rob04).
---In the unit equipment screen, you can now set a default preset for each unit. When a unit is destroyed and a new one is transferred from storage, the default preset will be applied. A message will now appear when a new unit is transferred from storage, and which equipment preset has been loaded, if a default is set (requested by faber42).
---Unwanted items on the stockpile island can now be reprocessed back into materials using the advanced production screen. Any item on the blueprint list that has a quantity on the stockpile island will have a column with a red cross. Clicking the red cross will recycle one of the items into material, as long as there is enough space for the amount of material to be added. The current maximum material amount will now be shown in brackets under the current available material amount. Reprocessing efficiency is 85%, so you will get 85% of the original material cost of the item.
---When a walrus gets stuck against a tree, rock, unit wreckage etc., it will now be able to pass through the item that is in the way. This will reduce the problem of walruses getting stuck on these items.
---The enemy carrier will no longer automatically get upgraded with lasers and rockets when you have them available on your carrier. Instead, it will receive a one-level upgrade to one gun at a time for each island that it conquers, but only up to a level that matches your highest level of weapons. This will make it possible for the enemy carrier to fight using more varied combinations of guns (requested by faber42).
---The drone door will now open during launch and docking of the drone (requested by Rob04).
---Pressing the drone shortcut key when no drone is active will now launch the drone.
---When the scout drone is selected, you can now also dock the drone via a button on the map screen (requested by Rob04).
---Island mantas and walruses will now be shown on the map with the correct icon for their armor level.

Note: Due to the changes to the carrier in this update, if you are resuming from a game that was saved before this update, some of the new features will not work until you travel to the next island.

Thanks to Rob04 for continued playtesting, and to BI developer Dram and the programmers for helping with a crash problem I had with this update.

Download page HERE

Edited by species1571
  • Like 1

Hey Species, this is incredible. Very very astonishing what you manage to add to the game. I love the new defence drone and supply barque views and everything else you put in the mod. I did not yet get to see all of it, but what i saw so far is very very nice :)

It great to see that you can add new visuals to the game such as opening doors for drones. I didn't expect this to be possible for a mod.

and thanks for including my suggestion for the default loadout. :)

thank you :)

unfortunately, i see more crashes since installing this mod. i have the following info about the last two crashes from the crash.log:

------------------------------------

TAU, 10.04 2015 22:42:21

NULL pointer to instance

Class: 'MyGame'

Function: 'didrones'

Stack trace:

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h:5371

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:10672

Runtime mode

CLI params: mod deadlyislands

---------------------------------------------

Log D:\Programme\Steam\userdata\25373331\65740\local\crash.log started at 11.04. 19:49:44

TAU, 11.04 2015 19:49:44

Unhandled exception

Program: ...ommon\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe

Reason: Integer divide by zero

[enf::MatPostprocess::InitInternal]: ??? addr:0x10243163

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Runtime mode

unfortunately, i see more crashes since installing this mod. i have the following info about the last two crashes from the crash.log:

I have made a small update to try to avoid the first crash. Did you load an old saved game while the drones were docking?

The second crash is coming from the exe file, I have seen a crash like that before, but I don't know a cause or if it is mod related.

thank you for the quick update, i will try it. i am using an old game, but it was saved at least 5 times since updateing to the new mod. I am not sure if the drones were docking during that first crash.

species, FYI, another crash, while loading an empty island at which the carrier just arrived. its a new game this time.

TAU, 13.04 2015 20:48:31

NULL pointer to instance

Class: 'MyGame'

Function: 'diloadqueue'

Stack trace:

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h:120

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:9503

Runtime mode

TAU, 13.04 2015 20:49:53

Unhandled exception

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 41dafa at 98

Script callstack:

Function: 'diloadqueue'

Stack trace:

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h:120

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:9503

SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr:0x0041dafa

SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr:0x0041dafa

Runtime mode

species, FYI, another crash, while loading an empty island at which the carrier just arrived. its a new game this time.

Is this crash repeatable if you load back into the same auto-start saved game where it happened?

I have made another small update, but I'm not sure how that would have been null at that point.

This crash was not repeatable, and unlike the other island-loading-crashes, it occured right after the auto-save, i.e. after continuing the game it resumed on that very island it crashed on.

I will try your updated version soon.

I just want to say what an amazing job you've done with this mod. All the little touches to make the game a little more playable, and supporting it long after the devs have shelved it. Well done mate, I'm re-addicted to it :)

Hey Species. i really like the latest addition by your mod, but unfortunately i have crashes very often. Usualy it crashes when switching To the map view.

The crash details are always

TAU, 19.04 2015 23:06:42

Unhandled exception

Reason: Integer divide by zero

Runtime mode

I think i have to revert back to the latest 1.25 version to be able to play the game.