species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

Can you try playing with the "Attack waves from nearby islands" function on page 2 of the customization menu disabled? This was by far the most troublesome addition in 1.26. Load the last "auto-start" saved game as soon as you disable it.

The recent crashes happened on neutral island because i startet a new game after having had to many crashes on the old one. i was acquiring neutral island in the beginning on the game and experienced the same crashes, usually alway when switching from the walrus view to the map view. Are you sure it still make sense to try it without the manta attack wave setting? I will if you think it makes sense.

No, if it happens on neutral islands, then it isn't the problem.

You've done a great job on the scripting - I was astonished to see the supply drone docking with the carrier. AND that the carrier had a door back there!

I was wondering if I might make a request. There are sounds for the start/stop/turbo modes of the mantas and walruses, but they don't ever activate. Would it be possible to adjust any of those scripts to make them use the sounds? Would add a nice touch :D

There are sounds for the start/stop/turbo modes of the mantas and walruses, but they don't ever activate. Would it be possible to adjust any of those scripts to make them use the sounds?

But those sounds are terrible, totally out of character with the rest of the game, which is probably why they are unused, the afterburner sounds better without them.

But those sounds are terrible, totally out of character with the rest of the game, which is probably why they are unused, the afterburner sounds better without them.

The 'turbo/afterburner' sound is just the regular unit engine sound with increased pitch, it's nothing special at all. The sounds of the walrus match the engine sound quite well actually, so I disagree with you on that. If the sounds were bad, they could have made better sounds. I'm more inclined to believe they just didn't get around to finishing the scripting, along with a lot of other features as they rushed to get it out the door. Anyway, I'll take your response as a 'no I'm not going to do that'.

The 'turbo/afterburner' sound is just the regular unit engine sound with increased pitch, it's nothing special at all.

I thought you were talking about ext_manta_start and ext_manta_stop. If you are talking about manta_heavy_high, manta_heavy_low etc., those are just the normal engine sounds used by units with different armor levels.

Hi Species1571,

I have been using deadlyislands mod 1.23 for some time and I thought I would take a look at the new 1.26 version because of all the new interesting features you have added, great work BTW, I have found though that when I run the new mod I get slammed straight back to the desktop with this error ...

---------------------------------------------

Log C:\Users\User\Documents\CarrierCommand\error.log started at 25.04. 09:50:54

Loading config '$profile:ccsettings.xml'

!!! Bad record in ccsettings.xml. Unknown action "jump"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h(3589) Undefined function 'IsAllUnitsDocked'

Failed to load game scripts!

==== Resource leaks ====

Any ideas as to why this happens ?

Hi Species1571,

I have been using deadlyislands mod 1.23 for some time and I thought I would take a look at the new 1.26 version because of all the new interesting features you have added, great work BTW, I have found though that when I run the new mod I get slammed straight back to the desktop with this error ...

You need to have the latest CCGM beta 1.07.0025 installed. If you are not using the Steam version, you can find the beta here:

http://www.carriercommandaholic.com/index.php?e=page&c=files_patches&al=carrier-command-gaea-mission-beta-patch

If you are using the Steam version, go to the Library tab in Steam, right click Carrier Command, properties, betas.

You need to have the latest CCGM beta 1.07.0025 installed. If you are not using the Steam version, you can find the beta here:

http://www.carriercommandaholic.com/index.php?e=page&c=files_patches&al=carrier-command-gaea-mission-beta-patch

If you are using the Steam version, go to the Library tab in Steam, right click Carrier Command, properties, betas.

I am currently using the 1.07.0025 CCGM but I still get this error.

I have just discovered I cannot run 1.22 and 1.23 anymore ???, I have re-installed CC from scratch and updated to 1.07.0025 again but I cannot run deadlyislands mod above 1.18 ???

I now get these errors when I try deadlyislands mod version 1.21 ...

Log C:\Users\User\Documents\CarrierCommand\error.log started at 26.04. 11:57:24

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\scripts\Advisors\Assault.h(44) Not enough parameters

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\scripts\Advisors\Assault.h(326) Not enough parameters

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\scripts\Advisors\CarrierAssault.h(95) Not enough parameters

==== Resource leaks ====

Log C:\Users\User\Documents\CarrierCommand\error.log started at 26.04. 13:20:32

scripts/Advisors/UEC_EmpireAdvisor.h(451) Undefined function 'GetBestStockpileScript'

scripts/Advisors/Assault.h(44) Expected ')' ,got ','

scripts/Advisors/Assault.h(44) Too much parameters

scripts/Advisors/Assault.h(366) Expected ')' ,got 'MyPlayer'

scripts/Advisors/Assault.h(366) Too much parameters

scripts/Advisors/CarrierAssault.h(95) Expected ')' ,got 'MyPlayer'

scripts/Advisors/CarrierAssault.h(95) Too much parameters

scripts/Advisors/CarrierAssault.h(156) Undefined function 'GetPlayersIslandsCount'

scripts/Advisors/UEC_MilitaryAdvisor.h(622) Undefined function 'GetPlayersIslandsCount'

==== Resource leaks ====

Edited by solrac42

From those errors, some of your game files are not up to v1.07.0025. Make sure the deadlyislands folder only contains the files from the downloaded zip file and not files merged in from any other mod. If you are sure the deadlyislands folder is ok and set up correctly, then from a clean CD installation, you may need to do the main update to 1.06 first before the beta update.

PS you should also download the mod again from my link, as a couple of small updates have been made since the version you have.

OOPS !!! just discovered I was actually using 1.07.0023 and not 1.07.0025 as I thought ... sorry, my bad, everything working fine now.

I really like the way you are expanding and fixing the game, it's much better than the way BIS left it, keep up the excellent work.

Edited by solrac42

Hi Species1571,

I have found a bug in deadlyislands version 1.26, I was using manual time warp while a walrus was enroute to dock with the carrier and then I pressed the k key to exit timewarp and then the game crashed with the following error ...

Unhandled exception

Program: ...ctive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 1005fba3 at 35f8

Script callstack:

Class: 'MyGame'

Function: 'diwalrusmon'

Stack trace:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h:1628

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:11576

[enf::BaseWorld::GetNextEntity]: ??? addr:0x1005fba3

[enf::BaseWorld::GetNextEntity]: ??? addr:0x1005fba3

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Runtime mode

CLI params: mod deadlyislands nosplash

I have made a small update to the v1.26 download.

-Fixed a problem reported by Rob04 where a walrus becoming stuck on a bridge could cause the bridge to be detected as the obstruction, allowing the walrus to fall through the bridge.

-Fixed a crash reported by solrac42 when exiting from manual timewarp if a walrus is detected as stuck.

Thanks for the reports.

I have made a small update to the v1.26 download.

-Fixed a problem reported by Rob04 where a walrus becoming stuck on a bridge could cause the bridge to be detected as the obstruction, allowing the walrus to fall through the bridge.

-Fixed a crash reported by solrac42 when exiting from manual timewarp if a walrus is detected as stuck.

Thanks for the reports.

Thanks for all the work that you do on this fantastic and essential mod. :D

I played the game on v1.25 and will give another try with 1.26.

I had a few crashes, but nothing bad.

Thank you for your efforts, species.

I have crashes while load some saves (campaign) and even when i go back to the main menu. Please help!

Also, mod is great. Good work.

I have crashes while load some saves (campaign) and even when i go back to the main menu. Please help!

Also, mod is great. Good work.

Can you provide crash information? Even without mods, sometimes you do get a crash when loading certain saved games. Doing a quicksave often (F6 by default) or setting the autosave timer low (I use a setting of 2 minutes) will reduce any progress loss in this case.

Have you opted into the latest beta on Steam? Version displayed on the main menu should be 1.7.0025, this is required for the latest mod version.

Can you provide crash information? Even without mods, sometimes you do get a crash when loading certain saved games. Doing a quicksave often (F6 by default) or setting the autosave timer low (I use a setting of 2 minutes) will reduce any progress loss in this case.

Have you opted into the latest beta on Steam? Version displayed on the main menu should be 1.7.0025, this is required for the latest mod version.

Now i can't give you screenshot with problem? but i can explain^

Unhandled exception

program .....carrier.exe

Reason: Acces violation. Illegal read by 4039a at ffffffff

SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr^0x0040390a

SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr^0x0040390a

I use latest beta version of game and latest version of mod, of course.

I can send you broken save and last stable save.

Edited by Komisar_rus

It isn't pointing to a file used by the mod, so it is hard to say. Probably just saving often is the key.

You can send me the bad save if you want (species1571@blueyonder.co.uk) and I will see if it gives me the same result, but I have had bad saves like those before.

So i disable the mod and try last savegame, and got crash again.

Files saved using the mod contain new items that the un-modded game does not understand, so loading any modded save file will not work without the mod.

Thanks for sending me your saves. I have made a small change to the mod, please download again and see if you can load those games from first launch of the game. Reloading from within the game may still cause a problem but your games should at least be resumable from initial launch.

Please note, as stated the mod is designed for strategy mode, not the campaign, but I try to fix things for the campaign where possible.

Files saved using the mod contain new items that the un-modded game does not understand, so loading any modded save file will not work without the mod.

Thanks for sending me your saves. I have made a small change to the mod, please download again and see if you can load those games from first launch of the game. Reloading from within the game may still cause a problem but your games should at least be resumable from initial launch.

Please note, as stated the mod is designed for strategy mode, not the campaign, but I try to fix things for the campaign where possible.

Thank you.

So i download mod v1.26, right?

and i have a problem again: i started new game to se mod in action on startup and check save-load save load system(it works fine) and now i can't understand how i can replace savegames.

Saved games with the type "USER" are the ones you can manually save and replace by clicking SAVE GAME on the escape menu. You can have up to 8 of that type. Games with the type "AUTO" or "AUTO-START" cannot be replaced manually, the oldest ones will automatically be replaced when there become too many.

Hey Species,

i have been playing your latest version of the mod for a while now (v1.26, downloaded on 2015-07-28), and great news, the crashes experienced before are gone. Its a very nice experience now. 

Thank you again for this great mod!. 

There has been just one crash, which happend in the following situation:

my carrier is in the battle with the enemy carrer and the enemy manages to take out my guns before i take out his so he is winning.

He takes my carrier down while my drones are out. Instead of "game ended. you lost" the game crashes, leaving the following information behind in the crash log:

TAU, 05.08 2015 01:03:46
NULL pointer to instance
Class:      'MyGame'
Function: 'didrones'
Stack trace:
D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h:5224
D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:10681

Runtime mode
CLI params: mod deadlyislands