species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

First ever crash while using the updated mod v1.21, game v107.25. I was traveling to a new island on the map and the map went into double vision and game locked up with music still running.

Don't know if it's the mod or the game.

I am reverting back to game 10723 and DI v1.2.

Edited by Joote

A bit drastic after one crash. Island loading is where crashes are most common in the unmodded game anyway, and without any crash information I can't say whether it is a problem or not.

A bit drastic after one crash. Island loading is where crashes are most common in the unmodded game anyway, and without any crash information I can't say whether it is a problem or not.

No,no, not drastic. I am having a good time with the game, and I know that I have never had any problems with v10723, and with v10725 being new and virtually untested, best I stick with what I know to be stable for now.

Just thought I would report the crash incase there where others.

Edited by Joote

I almost forgot. When playing v121 I was getting a awful lot of walrus not responding to orders. They weren't stuck, but I would have to manually move them before they would respond to orders again. I have no idea if this was due to your mod or the new beta patch.

Edited by Joote

Hi Species1571,

I just had to register myself to this forum to express my thank you for your wonderful mod!! Very nicely done. Adds much needed immersion and the feeling, that the game had to be like that in the first place.

Once again, many thanks to you for the mod and your effort it took you to make it. Well done.

Just one question: Did your use the SDK to make this mod?

Report one some issues (nothing really bothering, just some feedback)

1. I confirm the issue Joote is having: "They (the walruses) weren't stuck, but I would have to manually move them before they would respond to orders again." It only happened once for me, but I am still in the early game (I still do not have the parts necessary for accessing the Hammerhead missile).

2. I do not want the option of auto repair or repair walruses each other, so I turned it off (set rates to 0% in the 5. selection page of your mod). Still, walruses keep repairing each other and by themselves. No matter if I reload the game, switch the islands or whatever. Did I miss something here?

Edited by nicoman

Hey Species1571, carrier.exe just crashed on me, and i think the crash is not really related to your mod, but one of the scripts in the di folder was mentioned in the crash message. my carrier was just leaving time-warp because it encountered the enemy carrier in the middle of nowhere (no island in sight). and then it froze and the desktop showed the following message. Just in case it helps debugging your script i thought i'd share it here.

---------------------------

Crash info

---------------------------

Unhandled exception

Program: ...ommon\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 100e8b5a at 10050d8

Script callstack:

Function: 'diunitaltfix'

Stack trace:

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h:1939

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:10854

[enf::ScriptContext::Run]: ??? addr:0x100e8b5a

[enf::ScriptContext::Run]: ??? addr:0x100e8b5a

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Hi Species1571,

I just had to register myself to this forum to express my thank you for your wonderful mod!! Very nicely done. Adds much needed immersion and the feeling, that the game had to be like that in the first place.

Once again, many thanks to you for the mod and your effort it took you to make it. Well done.

Just one question: Did your use the SDK to make this mod?

Report one some issues (nothing really bothering, just some feedback)

1. I confirm the issue Joote is having: "They (the walruses) weren't stuck, but I would have to manually move them before they would respond to orders again." It only happened once for me, but I am still in the early game (I still do not have the parts necessary for accessing the Hammerhead missile).

2. I do not want the option of auto repair or repair walruses each other, so I turned it off (set rates to 0% in the 5. selection page of your mod). Still, walruses keep repairing each other and by themselves. No matter if I reload the game, switch the islands or whatever. Did I miss something here?

Welcome and thanks for your comments. The only thing I use from the tools is the GUI editor.

About #1, I do not believe this is mod related.

About #2, walruses cannot repair other walruses, only mantas can repair walruses and vice versa. Did you remember to click Apply after you made the changes? You can also set the unit-to-unit mode on the quick options page.

Hey Species1571, carrier.exe just crashed on me, and i think the crash is not really related to your mod...

It is a mod function, but it's a mystery why it would crash at that point. Access violation is not a very helpful error as it doesn't tell you anything. Did this happen right after a loading screen? Do you have a saved game from just before it happened, and if so, does it happen every time you load that save?

Walrus's not responding to orders only happens with patch 1725 and mod 121. Walruses respond normally with patch 1723 and mod 12.

So it does look to maybe be the beta patch 1725 responsible for this. Running the game with patch 1725 and mod 121 is a little unstable for me, crash's, bugs etc:

I suggest you guys stick with beta patch 1723 and DI 12 for now, till things get sorted out.

I suggest you guys stick with beta patch 1723 and DI 12 for now, till things get sorted out.

So far so good, only points:

1. I buyed the game a few days ago, and the only patch I have found is 1.070025. -> Where to find 1.070023? OK, just figured that out, I got 1.070023 now

2. Same for Deadly Islands, I only got v1.21, -> Where to find 1.20?

3. Waht is whith save game? Do I have to restart when reverting to 1.20 / 1.070023?

Edited by nicoman

So far so good, only points:

1. I buyed the game a few days ago, and the only patch I have found is 1.070025. -> Where to find 1.070023? OK, just figured that out, I got 1.070023 now

2. Same for Deadly Islands, I only got v1.21, -> Where to find 1.20?

3. What is whith save game? Do I have to restart when reverting to 1.20 / 1.070023?

I guess you will need to get Species to post a link to version 1.20, unless you can find a old one somewhere abouts. I have it but I don't know how I could give it to you.

Yes you will need to start a new game.

I guess you will need to get Species to post a link to version 1.20, unless you can find a old one somewhere abouts. I have it but I don't know how I could give it to you...

Ok, I would be glad if you either mail it to: christian_nicolau@yahoo.de

or

upload it somewhere and PM me the link...

Ok, I would be glad if you either mail it to: christian_nicolau@yahoo.de

or

upload it somewhere and PM me the link...

Sent you a private message with link. Let me know if it works.

Edited by Joote

Thank you for the link, unfortunately it wount let me dowload :/

Thank you for the link, unfortunately it wount let me dowload :/

Sorry. I have messed about with it and sent you another PM. Hopefully it will work this time. I have never done this drive thing before. :)

That's not very helpful. If there are any problems in the current version, the more people that are playing it, the more chance I have of finding out about it (especially forum members, as they are more likely to let me know). Your walrus problem is not likely to be mod related, there are no changes from 1.20 to 1.21 which I can see doing that. If it is the problem where you click a point on the map and the walrus does not create the waypoint, that is an old bug that has been around for a while, you just need to set a waypoint to a point as close as possible. You decided to revert to the previous version after one single crash, which is way better going than the average player's experience with this game.

That's not very helpful. If there are any problems in the current version, the more people that are playing it, the more chance I have of finding out about it (especially forum members, as they are more likely to let me know). Your walrus problem is not likely to be mod related, there are no changes from 1.20 to 1.21 which I can see doing that. If it is the problem where you click a point on the map and the walrus does not create the waypoint, that is an old bug that has been around for a while, you just need to set a waypoint to a point as close as possible. You decided to revert to the previous version after one single crash, which is way better going than the average player's experience with this game.

My game and system work without problems using patch 1723 and DI 120, so why would I, or anyone else for that matter, install a version that is causing problems, let them be, game OR mod related, whatever.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it's the actual 1725 patch that is causing the problems and crash's.

Edited by Joote

OK Species1571,

that's a point, Ill stick with 1.070025 and the latest v1.21. I have begun a new game and experienced no stuck walruses so far. Only hassle still remaining: Those little bitches keep auto repairing themselves though I switched to "refuel only" in the first page of your mod, and turned down all repair related bars to 0% on the fifth page. And yes, I confirmed with the apply button. At least a dozen times :).

There was also a constant crash I observed when skipping the video that pops up immediately after hacking the HQ on the island 5 or 6 (when I get home I'll post the name of the island).

Not skipping the video did not lead to the crash. It's up to you confirming, if is something related to your mod.

And I have another plea:

I would like to learn a bit modding CCGM, but everything I did, I could not start this workbench:

After fresh installation, applied patch v1.070025, used unpack_ccgm.bat file to decompress everything, copied your deadlyislands folder to the game folder, changed the path in the ccsettings.xml to this:

<path directory="deadlyislands"/>
   <path directory="./"/> <path directory="data00.cc"/>
   <path directory="data01.cc"/>
   <path directory="data02.cc"/>

Then doubbleklicked workbench.exe. (I use the one that comes with v1.070025)

First thing it told me that no config file is to be found and the default would be used

Then the worbench will not work anymore (I am using Win7 64bit, admin mode)

What am I doing wrong? Did I miss something? Can you me?

cheers

BTW Species, it wasn't JUST one crash, it was several. And beside walruses not responding I had mantas for no reason stopping dead before they reached their destination. I had mantas that somehow on their way to dock got themselves stuck in the sea. I had a defence island that after loading the save back in, had mysteriously changed into a production island. And there was other strange goings on that I can't recall atm.

I have not had one problem or crash while playing 1723 and DI 120. So you can appreciate why I am sticking with it.

OK Species1571,

that's a point, Ill stick with 1.070025 and the latest v1.21. I have begun a new game and experienced no stuck walruses so far. Only hassle still remaining: Those little bitches keep auto repairing themselves though I switched to "refuel only" in the first page of your mod, and turned down all repair related bars to 0% on the fifth page. And yes, I confirmed with the apply button. At least a dozen times :).

I think I have the explanation. Self-repair is enabled for 30 seconds if the walrus fuel level goes over 95%, this is so it is possible to repair the walrus at an island's refuelling station without having to adjust the self-repair level. I think this is what you are seeing.

There was also a constant crash I observed when skipping the video that pops up immediately after hacking the HQ on the island 5 or 6 (when I get home I'll post the name of the island).

Not skipping the video did not lead to the crash. It's up to you confirming, if is something related to your mod.

The mod is not really designed around the campaign, although it has been reported to me that it is possible to complete the campaign with the mod. The fact that it's only happening when you skip makes me think it's not a mod issue, but if you can provide the full crash report, I might know better.

And I have another plea:

I would like to learn a bit modding CCGM, but everything I did, I could not start this workbench:

After fresh installation, applied patch v1.070025, used unpack_ccgm.bat file to decompress everything, copied your deadlyislands folder to the game folder, changed the path in the ccsettings.xml to this:

The workbench has not worked for me since 1.06.0011, so I keep a separate full installation of that version. Fortunately, I rarely have any need for the workbench. Also, you should not need to edit anything in the ccsettings file to get the workbench to work.

...The workbench has not worked for me since 1.06.0011, so I keep a separate full installation of that version. Fortunately, I rarely have any need for the workbench. Also, you should not need to edit anything in the ccsettings file to get the workbench to work.

Already sorted that out :). I downloaded v1.4 and use the workbench that comes along with v1.4.

Could you give me a link to the tools you are using to mod CCGM?

As you correctly said, I am playing the campain. I was not aware, that your mod was not ment to be played within the campain, so I do not know, if any issues I have are related to that. Ok, anyway, here my

Little bug report:

1. At the first page of your mod, it is possible to set the weapon config for the defense towers. I have left and right front lasers at the moment. I choose them with the buttons, they are placed correctly. Everything ok. But - when reloading, the weapon loadout is reset. No weapon is mounted, and all slots show 'none'. I have to reset the weapons each time I reload. Also, when 'saving' the weapon configuration with 'P' button, the config is lost after reload.

2. Another reload issue: When the carrier is beeing refuelled at a pier, then save / reload, the refuelling is interrupted and will not be resumed, even if you try to move back and forth to the pier. Refuelling is only possible after driving to another island.

cheers

I found this crash log from my DI 121 game, and thought it might help.

NULL pointer to instance

Class: 'Assault'

Function: 'SwitchMode'

Stack trace:

scripts/Advisors/Assault.h:1452

scripts/Advisors/UEC_MilitaryAdvisor.h:1223

Runtime mode

CLI params: mod deadlyislands

Could you give me a link to the tools you are using to mod CCGM?

I don't have any special tools, this mod is almost purely done with programming

As you correctly said, I am playing the campain. I was not aware, that your mod was not ment to be played within the campain, so I do not know, if any issues I have are related to that.

I wouldn't say that it shouldn't be played in the campaign, just that I haven't played through the campaign since making the mod. There have been some specific problems reported to me due to the differences between the campaign and strategy game, which have since been fixed, so it should now be ok to play the campaign. Enemy carrier respawn and role reversal are a couple of functions which are deliberately not available in the campaign as they would break the game.

Little bug report:

1. At the first page of your mod, it is possible to set the weapon config for the defense towers. I have left and right front lasers at the moment. I choose them with the buttons, they are placed correctly. Everything ok. But - when reloading, the weapon loadout is reset. No weapon is mounted, and all slots show 'none'. I have to reset the weapons each time I reload.

It's not a bug, it's just a limitation of making the game do something it wasn't designed to do. You should only have to do this on rare occasions, so I think the advantage of this mod function far outweighs this minor inconvenience.

Also, when 'saving' the weapon configuration with 'P' button, the config is lost after reload.

Although the P button programs the CUST button immediately, without needing to press the apply button, the write to disk only happens when the apply button is clicked.

2. Another reload issue: When the carrier is beeing refuelled at a pier, then save / reload, the refuelling is interrupted and will not be resumed, even if you try to move back and forth to the pier. Refuelling is only possible after driving to another island.

After a re-load, the pier needs to be activated again by pointing to it on the map. You should be getting periodic reminders that the pier is not activated.

I found this crash log from my DI 121 game, and thought it might help.

Thanks, it's not a file that is used by the mod, so it is unlikely to be related.

Thank your for your answers. It seems, that all my issues are gone now... nothing negative to report, I am still playing the campain, and everything is ok. Very goo job. I can also not report any issues for the walrusses except for pathfinding issues in rare and difficult occasions, but that is not related to your mod.

This leads me to another question I would like to ask, It's not related to your mod though, but I ask your anyway, because you seem to be the only modder that is still active on this board...

Do you know, if it is possible to add dynamic icons or symbols to the hud of a vehicle?

I am asking because I would like to add square symbol to balistic weapons (e.g. carrier shell in the front turret). When choosing a target, this square should appear, indicating the aim position of the barrel both to direct and indirect fire to hit the position of the target.

The way things are, I don't believe it is possible. There is too much information which is not known, such as what deck gun is actually selected, the angle it is facing and the arc the current weapon will use.

Ah, crap. I already thought so. All I would need is knowing the vector the gun is pointing, the initial impulse of the projectile and the gravitational force. And - if the game engine uses physics for projectiles... but without that info - let's forget it :(

p.s. Just strikes me: The relative vertical difference of gun and target is also needed.

Edited by nicoman