species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

Just found this mod and it is bringing new life into the game, great work.

One question though - how do you build the EM Flares ? They don't appear in my Production list (unless I am being completely blind !?!)

G

Hi fellow Scot, welcome along and thanks for your comment.

The EM flares are just called "flares" in the carrier tab of the production screen. If you don't have them in the list, it may be that you just haven't unlocked them yet.

Hi fellow Scot, welcome along and thanks for your comment.

The EM flares are just called "flares" in the carrier tab of the production screen. If you don't have them in the list, it may be that you just haven't unlocked them yet.

Aaah I had assumed that they would be unlocked at the start since I was on tech level 4....

Will carry on and see.

G

Aaah I had assumed that they would be unlocked at the start since I was on tech level 4....

I thought that it would be unlocked in a level 4 game, but I just tried a new game and it wasn't unlocked. This may be an item they removed in the last beta, as the flares did not have any purpose in the unmodded game. You can still unlock this and any other remaining items by setting the "Unlock production of all items" option to 0% on page 4 of the customization menu, the items will unlock when you arrive at the next island.

I thought that it would be unlocked in a level 4 game, but I just tried a new game and it wasn't unlocked. This may be an item they removed in the last beta, as the flares did not have any purpose in the unmodded game. You can still unlock this and any other remaining items by setting the "Unlock production of all items" option to 0% on page 4 of the customization menu, the items will unlock when you arrive at the next island.

Cheers, I will give that a try....

G

Hi, Species 1571, I registered purely to offer my thanks for your amazing mod. It's completely revitalised the game for me, which is hugely welcome given how much I struggled with the vanilla game, after looking forward so much to playing it. I spent many happy hours on my Amiga 500 playing the Rainbird classic, so my hopes were high for CC:GM. I confess I was (like others) pretty non-plussed by the result, though I tried my absolute hardest to overlook the flaws. And crashes. And FPS missions. :j:

Discovering your mod was a very pleasant surprise, especially coming to it late after you've made so many additions and updates.

I've never seen such a comprehensive mod, reminds me of those "total conversions" for Quake and Doom back in the day which were more like new games than add-ons (Malice being one, which also provided me with gaming handle, in use now for many years).

If you ask me, Deadly Islands is more like DLC than a mod, given the massive amount of new features, customisations, and level of presentation.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on my thanks for an amazing piece of work. Is there a donation link floating around somewhere?! :) Keep up the awesome work.

Hi DamageCC and welcome to the forums. Thank you so much for your comments, I am glad that the mod is increasing your enjoyment of the game. About donations, no there is no donation system, I never even thought about it. I doubt whether this game, let alone this specific mod, has a player base big enough to make such a thing worthwhile anyway.

Enjoy, and do come back with feedback once you've been playing for a while.

Anyone got this running on the Steam version (Beta 1.7.0025)?

Added, as known, -mod deadlyislands to the command line and have deadlyislands dir reside here: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\" - But CC does start up and immediately terminates. Arguments generally do work with the steam version: e.g. -nosplash

Edited by tortuosit

Anyone got this running on the Steam version (Beta 1.7.0025)?

Added, as known, -mod deadlyislands to the command line and have deadlyislands dir reside here: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\" - But CC does start up and immediately terminates. Arguments generally do work with the steam version: e.g. -nosplash

No, does not work with the steam version for some reason.

I used to have this mod worlking perfectly, but as of today it no longer works. CC won't start as described by tortuosit above.

strange thing is that the same mod version was working a few days ago.

----update---

now i know why... there is an updated version ... CC is now at 1.07.0025. it used to be 1.07.0023. I guess we have to wait until species1571 updates his mod.

and the official update has Carrier Respawn *gasp* now they are copying from you, species1571 :)))))

Edited by faber42

Is because of a new beta today. Beta 17.25. It was 17.23 before.

the new beta has some gfx issues. but it also has a nice new "enemy carrier sunk" animation.

The mod will be incompatible with the new beta until I get time to make the changes. If you haven't already done so, do not update to the new beta if you have been running with the mod.

on steam it updates automatically and theres no going back. until the mod is updated the game has to do without it...

I have a couple of questions for Species.

Having a exclusion zone around the enemy carrier I would assume means that you can't fight it. What happens when you have taken all of the enemy's islands?

Is there any way to include the grib and no film grain mod to your mod?

Thanks.

Having a exclusion zone around the enemy carrier I would assume means that you can't fight it. What happens when you have taken all of the enemy's islands?

Carrier battles will not be possible while this option is enabled. You will need to switch it off when you you want to be able to fight.

Is there any way to include the grib and no film grain mod to your mod?

I believe those mods use different files, so they can just be copied into the deadlyislands folder. However, those mods have not been updated for a while, and I cannot say whether they are compatible with the latest beta.

Carrier battles will not be possible while this option is enabled. You will need to switch it off when you you want to be able to fight.

I believe those mods use different files, so they can just be copied into the deadlyislands folder. However, those mods have not been updated for a while, and I cannot say whether they are compatible with the latest beta.

I just tried my old (grip + nograin) mod and it works with the new beta. Then I tried adding it to deadly islands, and you are right it did not overwrite any files. So all is good, or it will be when DI works with the new beta. :)

Updated to v1.21:

---Added function for a unit to be quickly given a waypoint to another unit's current location (primary function), or an order to assist that other unit (secondary function) without needing to enter the map. To do this, hold down the number key of the unit you want to give the order to and then either tap (for primary function) or briefly hold (for secondary function) the number key of the unit you want it to move to or assist. A beep will indicate when secondary function has been activated. If you want to reverse the primary and secondary functions, disable secondary functions, or disable this function altogether, there is an option on page 4 of the customization menu.

NOTES:

-Sometimes, depending on the target unit's location, a waypoint will not be possible, for example trying to send a walrus to the location of a manta which is in an area not accessible by walruses. In these cases, the "program completed" message will immediately play.

-Walruses can only assist other walruses. Trying to make a walrus assist a manta will always use waypoint mode instead, regardless of mode selection.

-In waypoint mode, the waypoints are only set to the target unit's current location at the time the waypoint is set. The target unit can then be moved without affecting the waypoint. This makes it possible to switch the positions of two units by quickly giving them waypoints to each other.

---When using the timed autosave function, when a save is due it will not take place until the next time you switch between units. This makes the saves less intrusive and they do not break the immersion when in combat.

---Compatibility updates for CCGM beta 1.07.0025 which is now required.

Thanks to Rob04 for playtesting.

Download page HERE, or go directly to the file HERE

• Like 1

excellent update!!!! its great that the new update is here so fast, and i love the new "come here" feature :)

Bought the game some days ago and like it. Found your mod and have to say good work! Thank you for the fast update :)

Species1571, FYI a bug report: as i shot down the enemy carrier using torpedos, the classic 'enemy carrier sinking' animation stalled and CC crashed with the following message:

NULL pointer to instance

Class: 'Classic Campaign'

Function: 'OnCarrierAttacked'

Stack Trace:

[Path to Carrier Command Folder...]\deadlyislands\scripts\Campaign\Classic_Campaign.h:3260

Edit: Loading the save game and sinking the enemy carrier again, again using torpedoes, did not trigger the crash again.

Edited by faber42

Thanks for reporting. I have made an additional small update to the 1.21 download which should prevent this from happening.

Anyone who already downloaded v1.21, just download it again.

I'm enjoying the mod and I'm finding it brutally hard. I don't seem to be able to adjust any of the options from in game. I don't see any menus for changing features of the mod. I also don't see a command for manual time warp. The mod says it's loaded, and all the islands are definitely active and trying to destroy me. I downloaded the mod on March 10th so I don't have the current version. Could this be the problem?

What version is your game, Napalm Eddie? The 'Deadly Island' Menus should be accessible from a separate in-game button right above the manta/walrus buttons in the map view.