species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

Maybe it does work only on hostile islands and not on friendly ones? I just found another island where it again does not work and i did not figure out the pattern yet.

It should work on all non-neutral islands. If you get the pier activated message when pointing to the pier, it should work on that pier. Remember you have to manually steer the front of the carrier as close as possible. just using map waypoints won't get close enough, and some piers are harder to get to than others.

Edited by Species1571

HI, in current game i have trouble to refuel the carrier at any island. I activate the pier using the mouse, which is confirmed via message on screen, and navigate with the carrier close to it, but the "carrier refueling. xx minutes remaining" never appeared, at no island was refueling my carrier. i am on v1.18, third version from Dec 6 2012, see my last posting above. Any ideas?

- Faber42

After a lot of investigation, I have found the problem you are experiencing. This is fixed for the next update, but for now there is a workaround: When you find a pier that will not work, press the F10 key twice and this will correct the problem.

Again, thanks a lot for highlighting this, it was a tricky one to reproduce.

Hey thank you for your investigation and result, i will try the F10 key next time an island refuses to fuel the carrier.

- Faber42

I have a problem with Dealy Islands 1.18 (using CCGM patched to version 1.7.0023 and the correct Deadly Islands download version).

I'm using the non-Steam game version.

I get the new menu as described and start either a strategy or a campaign game.

After going through the usual settup menus and starting the game I get the messages that a) Deadly Islands is enabled and b) that manual time warp is now possible. But this is immediately followed by the following line in red:

'deadly islands config file not found or incompatible - using defaults'.

I can't find any config file, so I assume it's missing.

I've re-downloaded the mod, but with the same result.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?

Edited by npjnpj

Hi. You will get this the first time after installing the mod, as the config file is only saved after applying customization changes. Open the customization menu (F12), make your changes (or just keep the defaults) and click apply. After this, the message should no longer appear at startup.

Ah, thank you very much. I never got that far, I always cancelled first. Silly me.

No worries. I will make a change in the next update so that a new default config gets created if one doesn't exist.

Updated to v1.19:

---Walruses which become stuck will call for manual assistance by having their command bar icons flash with a display of how long they have been stuck. Additional verbal and text warnings will be given if no action is taken. There is a customization option allowing you to choose how long a walrus must be stuck before the alert starts. If you prefer not to have the additional verbal and text alerts, there is also a command bar only option. Note that false alarms can occur if you sent multiple walruses to the same point, or send them to hack a building using the map.

---New item: Refuelling pod for walruses. The pod carries a small amount of fuel which can be transferred to any unit which has less than 75% fuel. To activate the pod, drive as close to the target unit as possible, switch weapon to the fuel pod and press the left mouse button. An equipped walrus can use its own fuel pod, but only if it is completely out of fuel.

---Walruses which are out of fuel will no longer slowly progress to their destination. With the addition of the refuelling pod and unit-to-unit refuelling function, there are now enough ways to refuel a stranded walrus.

---Added an alternate camera angle to the main carrier view which can be toggled by pressing the left Alt key when the carrier is selected. This camera is an outward view from the control tower and features the same two-stage telephoto zoom as the scout drone's alternate camera. Zoom is toggled with the Tab key. The Q and Z keys allow the view to be quickly aligned to the front or rear of the carrier. There is a customization option for this camera, allowing you to select whether it is locked or unlocked from the carrier's rotation (feature requested by Rob04).

---Scout drone alternate camera can now be controlled using the mouse. If you prefer not to have mouse control of this camera, there is a customization option allowing it to be disabled.

---Once the scout drone has been selected normally, the bottom part of the carrier offensive systems icon will become a shortcut to the scout drone. An additional shortcut via the "-" key will also be available. This will make it easier to use the scout drone to see where your carrier weapons are hitting.

---When fuel management system is enabled, the scout drone will now use fuel. There is enough fuel for around 10 minutes of continuous flight, or 20 minutes of idling. The drone will be fully recharged when it docks (feature requested by Rob04).

---The neutral island turrets customization option has been expanded to allow you to choose the difficulty of turrets used. The configuration used in previous versions is called "classic" (feature requested by quiet_man).

---Units which have completely run out of fuel or have gone too far out of range will have an option to abandon them when they are selected. This may be useful if you would prefer to lose the unit rather than rescue it, for example if you have a plentiful supply of replacements but cannot use them because the stranded unit is in their slot.

---Added a customization option which allows you to increase the range at which you can refuel at an island's pier. Default is zero but you can use this if you find it difficult to get close enough to a pier.

---Several fixes and improvements.

Thanks to Rob04 for continued playtesting.

Download page HERE, or go directly to the file HERE

Edited by Species1571
  • Like 1

Excellent work, very nice! Interesting that you can invent new objects for the inventory. The refuelling pod was avaliable in the classic Carrier Command on Amiga/PC too, I suppose its impossible to add the "long range communications pod" from the classic game as well? :)

I love the new carrier bridge view, i just wish it wasn't as jerky when the carrier is moving.

Regarding the scout drone: is it possible to have it return home when issuing the "dock" command for all vehicles?

and/or is it possible to have it plot a course to the carrier when pressing "g" while out of docking distance?

and third: can you reduce the auto dock distance for the scout drone? i keep inadvertently docking the drone when to near to the carrier.

thank you for working on the CC game, your MOD is a must-have for CC now :)

- faber42

I have made an additional small update. I have just kept it as v1.19 as the changes are minor. Anyone who already downloaded v1.19, just download it again.

---Fixed jerky appearance of carrier when viewed from the new camera angle introduced in v1.19.

---Scout drone will not automatically dock unless it has left the docking area at least once since being selected after launch. This will allow you do launch the scout drone and keep it in the area of the carrier without it accidentally docking.

Download page HERE

I suppose its impossible to add the "long range communications pod" from the classic game as well? :)

Unfortunately it wouldn't do any good, as only one island is loaded at any time.

I love the new carrier bridge view, i just wish it wasn't as jerky when the carrier is moving.

Fixed in the above update.

Regarding the scout drone: is it possible to have it return home when issuing the "dock" command for all vehicles?

and/or is it possible to have it plot a course to the carrier when pressing "g" while out of docking distance?

and third: can you reduce the auto dock distance for the scout drone? i keep inadvertently docking the drone when to near to the carrier.

Returning to the carrier when pressing g is a possibility for a future update. The auto dock uses the same radius as the normal docking, so I don't want to make it difficult to dock. I made an addition in the above update which should help with the inadvertent docks.

Edited by Species1571

This fantastic mod is absolutely essential in my opinion. I am glad I was able to give some assistance to Species by suggestions and playtesting. Thanks for this great mod, Species!

awesome.. the non jerky new view is my favourite now. Excellent. And the scout drone fix should help :)

- Faber42

There appears to be a bug when producing carrier weaponry, production starts, the item completes, but it does not appear to be available in the stockpile :(

if you use the DI mod and produce and complete carrier weaponry, it gets tranfered automatically to your carrier if its docked at or arrives at the stockpile island and is available for selection using the DI weapon selection screen. Thats why you don't see it on the stockpile inventory anymore.

- Faber42

Yes, if you are actually at the stockpile island, then those items get transferred without any action, and you should be able to use them on the quick options page of the customization menu. If you are not at the stockpile island, they should be available to send by barque as normal.

You Sir, are a genius!

BI did an OK job on the remake (now that they finally fixed most of the issues), but your work is really what makes this game shine, and it gave me countless hours of new joy with this game. I especially love the customization options. Thank you so much!

Now one short question: Is it possible to add the radar available in the default carrier view (1) to the modded alternate view (the tower view).

Cheers!

Thanks for your comment. I'm no genius but I appreciate the sentiment and I'm glad the mod has enhanced your enjoyment of the game.

About your question, I intentionally disabled the compass and radar as they do not display correctly in this view. They think you are still watching the exterior view, so they rotate based on that camera angle instead.

Updated to v1.20:

---Added options for FOV (field of view). The first option controls the normal FOV and can be set between the game's standard 60 degrees anywhere up to 120 degrees. The second option controls the maximum FOV. When your vehicle is moving, the field of view will gradually expand up to this value. When the vehicle slows, it will return to normal. Note: Either of these options can be disabled by setting them to 60. For weapons with zoom functions to work properly, it is essential that the zoom key in the customization menu matches that in the main options menu. For views that do not have a zoom function, the zoom key can be used to toggle the FOV on and off. This is useful for mantas when you may want to have a short period of close quarters combat with the standard field of view.

---All keys used for the mod's functions can now be individually set in the new Key Bindings page in the customization menu.

---Scout drone can now dock on autopilot by pressing the dock key. This replaces the auto dock method which was previously used (feature requested by faber42).

---Added new hotkey option for generating a quick auto-save. This function is similar to the F5 quick save, with the major difference that these saves are visible in the saved games list and are resumable after a crash, and so they offer protection from crashes that the normal quick saves do not.

---Added option for timed autosaves. This interval can be set to anything between 1 and 20 minutes.

---Added warnings for the carrier's fuel level.

---Added fix for a rare glitch in the game which causes units to fall out of the map and become trapped inside the island's terrain.

---Several minor improvements.

Thanks again to Rob04 for continued playtesting and feedback.

• Like 1

Updated to v1.20:

---Added options for FOV (field of view). The first option controls the normal FOV and can be set between the game's standard 60 degrees anywhere up to 120 degrees. The second option controls the maximum FOV. When your vehicle is moving, the field of view will gradually expand up to this value. When the vehicle slows, it will return to normal. Note: Either of these options can be disabled by setting them to 60. For weapons with zoom functions to work properly, it is essential that the zoom key in the customization menu matches that in the main options menu. For views that do not have a zoom function, the zoom key can be used to toggle the FOV on and off. This is useful for mantas when you may want to have a short period of close quarters combat with the standard field of view.

---All keys used for the mod's functions can now be individually set in the new Key Bindings page in the customization menu.

---Scout drone can now dock on autopilot by pressing the dock key. This replaces the auto dock method which was previously used (feature requested by faber42).

---Added new hotkey option for generating a quick auto-save. This function is similar to the F5 quick save, with the major difference that these saves are visible in the saved games list and are resumable after a crash, and so they offer protection from crashes that the normal quick saves do not.

---Added option for timed autosaves. This interval can be set to anything between 1 and 20 minutes.

---Added warnings for the carrier's fuel level.

---Added fix for a rare glitch in the game which causes units to fall out of the map and become trapped inside the island's terrain.

---Several minor improvements.

Thanks again to Rob04 for continued playtesting and feedback.

Thanks for all the great work you do on this mod. It makes this game so much better. This mod is essential when playing this game. I never play this game without it.

Edited by Rob04

species1571, thank you very much.

your crash-safe auto saves are wonderful, as the game usually crashes right before it would do its own autosaves. i love the drone-autodock as well :) Very nice work and yes, its a must-have add-on for CC now :)

- Faber42

Just found this mod and it is bringing new life into the game, great work.

One question though - how do you build the EM Flares ? They don't appear in my Production list (unless I am being completely blind !?!)

G