species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

I am eager to see your updated mod with Nemesis mod combined :) Hopefully the dream comes true soon.

Updated to v1.15:

-Position Holding option for each unit prevents units from moving out of position when they are not following a waypoint and are not being manually controlled. Units will still be able to change altitude and can still turn and engage targets from their held position (requested by quiet_man).

-Dynamic Stance option is available for each unit which has Position Holding enabled. This will allow units to be kept in offensive stance at all times when not following a waypoint and automatically switch to defensive stance when following a waypoint. This allows units to be in offensive stance without wandering into heavily defended areas without your control, as well as being able to move to waypoints without deviating from their plan due to nearby targets. Note that manual stance changes will be ignored while this option is enabled.

-EM flares can be used against the enemy carrier when it is in range. These emit an electromagnetic pulse which will disable one of three enemy carrier controls for a short time: its own engines, control of mantas or control of walruses. One flare can be active against each of these targets at a time. The targets will still be able to fire, but will not be able to move. You can use this to your advantage, either to escape or to move to a better position. This uses carrier flares which can be constructed at the stockpile island.

-Weather intensity can be set to either clear conditions, maximum severity, or a random severity. This will be useful for players who do not like to play in severe weather.

-Scout drone secondary camera angle (accessed by pressing C) now has a two-stage telephoto zoom which can be toggled using the tab key (requested by Rob04).

-Downward-facing camera angle for mantas is now toggled by pressing left alt key instead of requiring it to be held (requested by Rob04). Also improved the camera angle when the manta is fitted with a hook.

-Unit-to-unit and onboard refuelling options will now be saved between sessions with the rest of the options.

-Pier refuelling distances have been slightly increased, and now have sounds indicating refuelling has started or stopped (requested by faber42).

-Compatibility changes to allow the mod to be run at the same time as the latest version of Nemesis mod using Azrapse's mod mixer. If you choose to do this, you should remember that games saved with Nemesis running cannot be resumed without it, and the same is true for the mixed mod. Thanks to Gnrl_Grad for working with me to get both mods working together.

Fixes:

-Fixed an issue in CC:GM which causes damage effects to be missing from both carriers after the loading screen when you arrive with damage at an island.

-Fixed an issue in CC:GM which causes units in offensive stance to ignore the dock command and instead wander off to engage other targets. Units will automatically be taken out of offensive stance when the dock command is issued.

-Fixed an issue in CC:GM which causes the carrier rotation to snap to a different angle when setting a waypoint after manually controlling the carrier (thanks to Gnrl_Grad for working on this).

-Fixed an issue in CC:GM which causes units not to execute waypoints when the unit has been manually controlled. Any unit which goes from not having a waypoint to having a waypoint will now have the waypoint executed automatically.

-Several smaller fixes and tweaks.

Download page HERE, or go directly to the file HERE

• Like 1

Another great update. Thanks, Species!!

Awesome work... and also to Gnrl_Grad. Great new options against the dreaded Nemesis carrier :-)

Does the enemy carrier use EM flares against the player as well?

Is there a certain version of Nemesis we need to download as well for this to work? ** EDIT ** <-- Never Mind - just read Gnrl_grad's posts on Nemesis **

Is the position hold a new menu option on the radial dial or a hotkey? (sorry if its obvious in game - i just skimmed this post and havent really loaded it up yet)

EM flares are just for the player. Position holding and dynamic stance are on the quick options page of the customization menu.

-Compatibility changes to allow the mod to be run at the same time as the latest version of Nemesis mod using Azrapse's mod mixer. If you choose to do this, you should remember that games saved with Nemesis running cannot be resumed without it, and the same is true for the mixed mod. Thanks to Gnrl_Grad for working with me to get both mods working together.

As I said in Nemesismod thread, I have to bow before you two not only for the help that you provided to me while writing the mixer, but also for spending a lot of effort to make both of the biggest mods in the Carrier Command scene compatible with it. Thanks for the support. :)

Updated to v1.15:

-Position Holding option for each unit prevents units from moving out of position when they are not following a waypoint and are not being manually controlled. Units will still be able to change altitude and can still turn and engage targets from their held position (requested by quiet_man).

-Dynamic Stance option is available for each unit which has Position Holding enabled. This will allow units to be kept in offensive stance at all times when not following a waypoint and automatically switch to defensive stance when following a waypoint. This allows units to be in offensive stance without wandering into heavily defended areas without your control, as well as being able to move to waypoints without deviating from their plan due to nearby targets. Note that manual stance changes will be ignored while this option is enabled.

-EM flares can be used against the enemy carrier when it is in range. These emit an electromagnetic pulse which will disable one of three enemy carrier controls for a short time: its own engines, control of mantas or control of walruses. One flare can be active against each of these targets at a time. The targets will still be able to fire, but will not be able to move. You can use this to your advantage, either to escape or to move to a better position. This uses carrier flares which can be constructed at the stockpile island.

-Weather intensity can be set to either clear conditions, maximum severity, or a random severity. This will be useful for players who do not like to play in severe weather.

-Scout drone secondary camera angle (accessed by pressing C) now has a two-stage telephoto zoom which can be toggled using the tab key (requested by Rob04).

-Downward-facing camera angle for mantas is now toggled by pressing left alt key instead of requiring it to be held (requested by Rob04). Also improved the camera angle when the manta is fitted with a hook.

-Unit-to-unit and onboard refuelling options will now be saved between sessions with the rest of the options.

-Pier refuelling distances have been slightly increased, and now have sounds indicating refuelling has started or stopped (requested by faber42).

Fixes:

-Fixed an issue in CC:GM which causes damage effects to be missing from both carriers after the loading screen when you arrive with damage at an island.

-Fixed an issue in CC:GM which causes units in offensive stance to ignore the dock command and instead wander off to engage other targets. Units will automatically be taken out of offensive stance when the dock command is issued.

-Fixed an issue in CC:GM which causes the carrier rotation to snap to a different angle when setting a waypoint after manually controlling the carrier (thanks to Gnrl_Grad for working on this).

-Fixed an issue in CC:GM which causes units not to execute waypoints when the unit has been manually controlled. Any unit which goes from not having a waypoint to having a waypoint will now have the waypoint executed automatically.

-Several smaller fixes and tweaks.

Great Work again! Can't stop playing. I love it :)

Many many thanks

Sadly haven't had a lot of time to get back into this. However in a quick game i started with both mods loaded, I couldn't seem to get the carrier to resupply at the pier. I clicked on the pier after getting close to it, and saw the message that the pier is now activated... but no refueling - carrier fuel would not go up and no sound effect heard. Did i miss something?

Sadly haven't had a lot of time to get back into this. However in a quick game i started with both mods loaded, I couldn't seem to get the carrier to resupply at the pier. I clicked on the pier after getting close to it, and saw the message that the pier is now activated... but no refueling - carrier fuel would not go up and no sound effect heard. Did i miss something?

Hi. The nose of the carrier has to be as close to the pier as possible, and the current fuel level must be below 95% to get the start message and sound. Also, the island must not be neutral for refuelling. If you still have trouble with a particular island, let me know which one and I'll look at it, but I'm pretty sure they are all working as they are supposed to.

Cheers.

@Species - I think i met all those criteria. But i think i know what the problem was.

This was at an island i just captured from the enemy - so it was now friendly. However, it was on the end of my island chain, and the one island (friendly) that it was connected to was a neutral island i had just captured but it hadn't finished building the command centre i placed on it. So I'm assuming the other criteria is that the islands have to be connected to my stockpile for the refueling to work?

I'm assuming the other criteria is that the islands have to be connected to my stockpile for the refueling to work?

No, they don't have to be connected, they just have to be non-neutral.

Oh ok - then i dont know what happened.. lol.

I'll be playing again hopefully tonight. If i see it happen again i'll report which island was used.

you are "building" a commandcenter? If you destroyed the enemy commandcenter and are buidling a new one, it could be that the island is still neutral until it is completed.

Updated to v1.16:

-This is just a compatibility update to include changes introduced in the CCGM 1.07.0023 beta. If you are still running CCGM 1.06, you should use v1.15 of the mod instead.

-Also fixed a small bug which meant that setting the walrus self repair level to exactly 100% would cause the walrus to continue spending fuel on repairs even after it reached 100% health. I have also updated v1.15 with this fix for those who still want to use v1.15. (Thanks to solrac42 for reporting this problem.)

Download page HERE

Edited by Species1571
  • Like 1

Updated to v1.16:

-This is just a compatibility update to include changes introduced in the CCGM 1.07.0023 beta. If you are still running CCGM 1.06, you should use v1.15 of the mod instead.

-Also fixed a small bug which meant that setting the walrus self repair level to exactly 100% would cause the walrus to continue spending fuel on repairs even after it reached 100% health. I have also updated v1.15 with this fix for those who still want to use v1.15. (Thanks to solrac42 for reporting this problem.)

As soon as I notice an update to the game is out, my first port of call is to see if this mod is compatible or updated. Thanks :-)

thank you for the update

I recognize you still have the dbexport.bin file, are there changes you cannot do in xml files?

thank you for the update

I recognize you still have the dbexport.bin file, are there changes you cannot do in xml files?

No, this was just a quick update to bring the mod up to date with the beta without changing any functionality. The next update will not require the dbexport file.

Just have to say how amazing this mod is. You've done so much work on it, and it's bloody impressive! (mixes well with my own little unit balance mod too!)

Updated to v1.17:

---Added the following advanced tech items:

Laser for front left and right carrier gun positions

Mk II laser for rear left and right carrier gun positions

Rocket launcher for carrier forward weapon position

Mk II laser for mantas

Shield for walruses

---To allow more flexible fitting of walruses, the following items will now fit in slot 2 instead of 3: Ammo box, scanner, hack capsule, prod capsule defense capsule and resource capsule. This will allow the shield to be used at the same time as these items.

---The Strip button on the customization menu now toggles between stripping all weapons and putting them all back. There is now also a hotkey to this function by pressing F10. This allows you to quickly stop the carrier from attacking if it is hitting something you do not want to destroy.

---Added fix for a bug in CCGM which causes a manta's flare launcher to be lost if you dock after it has run out of flares.

---Supply improvements:

If the supply barque gets stuck near your position, items will automatically be transferred to the carrier, so you do not have to move to intercept the barque.

Multiple guns for the same carrier position can now be sent on a single barque without losing items.

When at the stockpile island, any carrier guns on the stockpile will automatically be transferred to carrier storage ready for use.

When sending more fuel to the carrier than required, any excess fuel will be returned to the barque instead of being lost. As much as possible will be returned as "fuel pack" items, smaller leftover amounts will be returned as "fuel" items.

---Notes:

-Requires CCGM 1.07.0023 beta. If you are still running CCGM 1.06, you should continue to use v1.15 of the mod instead.

-The new items will only be unlocked at the start if the game was started with max initial technology, otherwise they will be unlocked as progress bonuses as the game progresses. There is also a chance to unlock them by hacking research facilities.

-Laser and rocket carrier guns will also be available to the enemy carrier once you have them onboard.

-The "power" indicator bar for the new weapons is not a true indication of their power. They are more powerful than the bar suggests.

-Due to the additional items in this update, games saved with the mod running will no longer be compatible if you remove the mod. If you are just trying out the mod, it is recommended that you make a separate save file that you can resume from if you choose to remove the mod.

Thanks to Rob04 for continuing to playtest and give feedback on the changes.

Download page HERE

Edited by Species1571
  • Like 1

Awesome - I tried getting those walrus items like the ammo box etc to fit in slot 2 but they didn't function properly. Needed some scripting work I guess ;)

Great update, thank you.

and another request ;)

I would like island defences scale with low tech start.

Is it possible to make the island defence upgrade dependent on either or combinations:

- the tech level and/or

- the number of island you have conquered and/or

- the time the missions runs?

When starting with low tech & few islands, trying to capture a independent deadly island can be quite frustrating. The "free" islands at start help, but it is not the same as they have no defences at all.

Alternatively I suggest to make the low tech equipment much much cheaper and faster to produce.

Edited by quiet_man

Great update, thank you.

and another request...

Thanks.

There is already the option to control when the enemy island upgrades happen, based on the number of islands you own. This is the first option on page 2 of the customization menu.

I know, but also the independent islands are quite heavy defended when you try a low tech start. I can increase the limit when they become defended, but then they are not defended at all.

I was thinking about something more refined, hmm, regarding the enemy islands: Could you add another stage to this? e.g. have enemy islands upgraded 1 level when you own 10 islands and 4 when you own 20?