species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

Hey Species1571, just in case you're still maintainiing the mod, i just had a crash of CC, and it happened while in K-induced timewarp (which i was trying to get out of.)

to stop timewarp i pressed 'k' and this happened:

---------------------------

Crash info

Unhandled exception

Program: ...ommon\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 102b2cfb at 0

Script callstack:

Class: 'MyGame'

Function: 'GetTerrainHeight'

Stack trace:

scripts/proto.h:2301

D:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:12282

[enf::BaseWorld::AddThread]: ??? addr:0x102b2cfb

[enf::BaseWorld::AddThread]: ??? addr:0x102b2cfb

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Hi faber42.

This is already fixed in the next update which will be up soon. Meanwhile, do not activate timewarp while the scout drone is docking.

Thanks.

Species, thank you for the reply, and great that you work on another update. Looking forward to it :)

Updated to v1.22:

---Added configuration presets to the unit equipment window. You can save up to 8 fittings for walruses and 8 for mantas, allowing you to quickly switch between your chosen setups. The only slight downside, depending on your point of view, is that weapons are reloaded instantly when you select a preset.

---Added an overview window to the map screen which will show the following information about the nearest enemy islands: defense level, what mission the island has, whether it is in fuel range and whether it will become connected to your islands. You can also immediately set sail to one of the islands by clicking on the information and clicking the Instant Sail button. You can move the window to any location on the map screen by dragging its title bar. There are customization options for this function so you can choose whether it only displays when the right mouse button is held down or will also display upon contact with the mouse pointer, and you can choose the number of islands to display between 3 and 10.

---Added an auto-hook function for mantas. With the auto-hook enabled, mantas under manual control will automatically hook onto any walrus when the manta is close enough. There is a customization option for this so you can choose whether to have the function fully enabled or individually enabled or disabled for each manta via command bar buttons.

---When a walrus is being carried by a manta using a hook, the hook icon of the carrying manta will now indicate which walrus is being carried.

---Added a rear-facing camera angle for mantas and walruses. There is a customization option so you can choose which key to use for this (feature requested by Rob04).

---Added a navigational enhancement function for walruses which will force non-selected walruses to re-calculate their waypoints at set intervals. Do not expect this to be a magic fix for walruses as the underlying pathfinding is unchanged, but this can allow walruses to find better routes and avoid becoming stuck in some situations. The downside of using this function is that it prevents walruses from being able to auto-hack buildings from the map. They will still travel to the building, but you will have to hack it again when they arrive. There is a customization option for this function so you can disable it or select the time interval at which it works. Note: This function is experimental and any feedback on whether you think it makes an improvement would be appreciated.

---Added individual fuel level readouts to each command bar button. You can choose between a vertical bar display or a percentage readout, or you can have both if you want. There are customization options for both displays so you can choose to have them always displayed or only when the fuel falls below a certain level.

Fixes and minor changes:

---Fixed a crash which would occur if manual timewarp was de-activated while the scout drone was in the process of docking (thanks to faber42 for reporting).

---Fixed a problem where guns you did not already have onboard the carrier would sometimes be given for free on arrival at an island (thanks to Rob04 for reporting).

---Fixed a situation where if you are performing unit-to-unit refuel or repair at the same time as the walrus is auto-refuelling at an island fuel station, the activation and de-activation sounds would repeatedly play as the walrus fuel level goes above and below the minimum threshold setting.

---Fixed a rare situation where if the carrier is heavily damaged and has low fuel at the same time as a repair is being performed while refuelling at a pier, the low fuel warning would repeatedly play.

---Fixed a rare problem which could sometimes cause the speeds of certain functions to be incorrect for a few seconds after exiting manual timewarp.

---When using the position holding function on mantas, the height of the manta will now also be held. This will prevent the manta climbing into a vulnerable position if you place it in a safe position and then switch to another unit, even if the manta is in offensive or dynamic stance. An exception is when two or more mantas are in the same location, in which case they still need to be able to move vertically for stacking.

---Customization menu pages can now be selected by pull-down menu which will appear when you click on the bar which contains the current page title. You can still also switch between pages by clicking the left and right arrows.

---Customization menu can now be moved to any position on the screen by dragging its title bar.

---Previously the unit-to-unit repair and walrus self-repair level settings would be ignored if the fuel level was high, so that full repairs and refuelling could be carried out by a walrus at an island fuel station without the need to change settings. However, this would also happen when the walrus was not near a fuel station and could create the impression that the level settings are not working, so this will now only happen if the walrus is also in range of a fuel station which has been activated for automatic refuelling (thanks to nicoman for highlighting).

---Trying to use the quick waypoint function on a walrus which is being carried on a hook will now give the waypoint to the carrying manta instead.

---When the scout drone is active and has been selected at least once, the health display in the tactical carrier systems (0 key) icon will show the health of the drone instead of the health of the carrier, which is already displayed in the main carrier icon anyway. If you have both fuel management system and vertical fuel display bars enabled, the fuel level of the scout drone will also be displayed in the tactical systems icon.

---When fuel management system is enabled, the carrier will now correctly use fuel when being manually controlled, which it does not do in the unmodded game.

Thanks to Rob04 for continued playtesting and feedback.

Download page HERE

Edited by Species1571
  • Like 1

Excellent. I will try the new version out now. Just a quick observation: Your download site (http://www.species1571.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/carriercommand.htm) still offers the older version v1.21 .

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

I just installed the mod and i love the new features, I am impressed what you do to the game. The fuel bars are wonderfull and the map overlays are awesome.

but i think i have a very odd glitch here. Whenever i try to launch a manta that has a hook mounted from the carrier with "auto hook" active (red), the manta is wrong positionioned during the launch itself (it sits suddenly on the walrus) and then the manta "teleports" to the island, near its command building, and it sits there below the surface. upon moving the manta the script tells me, it corrected the mantas position due to it beeing below ground. its a little hard to describe :)

This behavious is not always reproduceable. Once the launching manta left it stuck inside the carrier hovering above a walrus.

Anyway, all of this seems to disappear if "auto hook" is not activated (i.e. blue).

- Faber

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Well, i am afraid, the auto-hook has other issues too. When i approach my walrus with a manta and auto-hook on, the hook snaps on ok, but the walrus is not liftet, it remains stuck on the ground. Hence the manta cannot fly because it is held in place by the walrus. this looks kinda funny and i got a screenshot of this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258975597 Sometimes this drags the manta below ground, which usually is followed by the mantas destruction.

it looks like i need to have auto-hook turned off for now.

Thanks faber42, I have made an update to fix the problem of it trying to grab the walrus inside the carrier. Can you download again let me know if the problem in your screenshot is still happening, if so could you send me a saved game where this is happening?

Your updated 1.22 did fix the auto-hook-enabled-manta-launch-bug. Very nice and fast service as well :)

it did not seem to fix the situation pictured in the screenshot. It might have made it worse, since now carrier.exe crashes when the auto-hooking fires, but i did have crashes at that point in the older 1.22 as well.

anyway, i can send you a saved game. I have a game which loads with the manta hovering above a walrus. Just activate auto-hook and put the manta near the walrus and pooof. you should find it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5anS2kivp_xNVJOVlRJTXFaYk0/edit?usp=sharing

I tried your save file and it grabs properly every time for me. Could you also post your deadlyislands.cfg file? You will need to do a search within your steam/userdata folder to find this.

The crash situation you mention, does it give a crash report?

It did grab correctly ? I see it misgrabing all the time as long as "auto hook" is on.

I think it did show crash details, but i didn't save them. so i don't have the crash details handy. i can give you my cfg file, you'll find it along with the other files in my steam user directory for cc. Look here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5anS2kivp_xYVFqQ0pzak1DREU/edit?usp=sharing i have been playing in the meantime, so expect other stuff in the logs after the last crash. btw. the fuel bars on each unit are AWESOME!!! :) good night.

Hi Species,

keep up the good work :ok:. The drone part allone is so much more awesome than vanilla! I remember once having played around one and a half hours just flying that thing around, zooming in, landing it and so on.

Hooking of walruses was also an anoyance to me. Was sometimes a hell of a fiddle untill hooking a walrus. Good thing you are working on it.

I am currently not playing CC, but I well understand how much work you are putting in this long term project, due to my own mod I am working on (not CC, but X3 Terran Conflict).

Such a shame there are so few people left apreciating this game and it's modding community, now basicly consisting of you as last man standing.

Species, i can report that i startet a new game now and the auto-hook seems to work fine now. It was just the old game it did not work with.

nicoman- thanks for your comments. Hopefully you can come back to CC when you need a break from your other games.

faber42- thanks for letting me know the problem is now fixed, it had me scratching my head. Not sure why a new game has fixed it, but anyway as long as it is now solved that's good.

Well, i must report that the problem still turns up once in a while. I then press "f" to let go of the walrus and approach a second time and is fixed. Mostly. Right now it instead crashed on me, but the Crash info is not very specific.

And i think that a manta carrying a walrus picked up by auto-hook flies differently than one with manual pick up. It feels like the rope was more loose. The manta is not as steady.

The crash info:

Crash info

Unhandled exception

Program: ...ommon\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 102fa52a at d0e77030

[enf::MaterialSystem::DrawMesh]: ??? addr:0x102fa52a

[enf::MaterialSystem::DrawMesh]: ??? addr:0x102fa52a

Abbrechen Wiederholen Ignorieren

I updated the file. Can you let me know if it makes a difference to your problem?

Well, i did download and install the new file, and it does look very good. It looks like the manta is not "jumping" anymore on walrus-auto-hook-pickup, and no problems during my couple of pickup tests. I will use auto-hook from now on and see if the improvements last :)

I can report that auto-hook works flawlessly now. I like it. But one of the best things of the recent updates are the saveable mante/walrus equipment sets. One click and my figth manta has all its equipment assigned. another click and its the "hook, no armor" manta is standing by, etc.. this is the best :) Thank you alot, species.

Hi,

I think I might know what the answer is to this but I will ask in case it is something others have discovered. I had to reinstall all of my programs recently due to HDD crash. I updated CCGM to latest patch directly without going through all of them. I put on this mod and it seems when I try to point the mouse at the numbers on the equip screen it comes up with an unhandled exception. Do I have to install all patches in order to get rid of the bugs?

Thanks

faber42 - Thanks for letting me know it is now working for you, glad you like it.

moondrift47 - Can you try deleting the file deadlyislandspresets.cfg and see if this fixes the problem? If you have the retail version, it will be in My Documents/carrier command, or if you have the Steam version, you will need to do a search for it in your SteamApps folder.

Brilliant, that's done the trick thanks species1571. It's moderns like you that really deserve a cut of the profits. If it had been released with this mod more sales would have happened.

i agree to both parmenides and moondrift47.

one idea: Allow the manta to dock while having a walrus as cargo by making it drop the walrus in the water right before actually docking, and then putting the aforementioned walrus on "auto dock" as well.

- faber

still crashing i'm afraid species

---------------------------------------------

Log C:\Users\peter\Documents\CarrierCommand\crash.log started at 14.05. 21:04:07

------------------------------------

BOB-PC, 14.05 2014 21:04:07

Unhandled exception

Program: ...ctive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 100def92 at 0

Script callstack:

Function: 'ArticleName'

Stack trace:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h:3130

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:10582

[enf::ScriptContext::CopyString]: ??? addr:0x100def92

Runtime mode

CLI params: mod deadlyislands

Log C:\Users\peter\Documents\CarrierCommand\crash.log started at 18.05. 16:18:49

BOB-PC, 18.05 2014 16:18:49

Unhandled exception

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 1 at 1

SymGetSymFromAddr:126, addr:0x00000001

SymGetSymFromAddr:126, addr:0x00000001

Runtime mode

Log C:\Users\peter\Documents\CarrierCommand\crash.log started at 18.05. 17:04:06

BOB-PC, 18.05 2014 17:04:06

Unhandled exception

Script callstack:

Stack trace:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\deadlyislandsext.h:3130

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\deadlyislands\scripts\CCGame.c:10582

Runtime mode

Log C:\Users\peter\Documents\CarrierCommand\crash.log started at 18.05. 17:44:00

BOB-PC, 18.05 2014 17:44:00

Unhandled exception

Script callstack:

Stack trace:

Runtime mode

Log C:\Users\peter\Documents\CarrierCommand\crash.log started at 18.05. 17:49:37

BOB-PC, 18.05 2014 17:49:37

Unhandled exception

Script callstack:

Stack trace:

Runtime mode

Log C:\Users\peter\Documents\CarrierCommand\crash.log started at 19.05. 20:31:52

BOB-PC, 19.05 2014 20:31:52

Unhandled exception

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 0 at 0

SymGetSymFromAddr:126, addr:0x00000000

SymGetSymFromAddr:126, addr:0x00000000

Runtime mode

Log C:\Users\peter\Documents\CarrierCommand\crash.log started at 21.05. 21:11:24

BOB-PC, 21.05 2014 21:11:24

Unhandled exception

Script callstack:

Stack trace:

Runtime mode

still crashing i'm afraid species

I am so far unable to reproduce this, is it happening only when a particular item is saved in a preset? Is it happening for both walruses and mantas? Are you able to post a copy of your deadlyislandspresets.cfg file?

one idea: Allow the manta to dock while having a walrus as cargo by making it drop the walrus in the water right before actually docking, and then putting the aforementioned walrus on "auto dock" as well.

I will have a look into this and see whether it can be done.

Its weird, its the same crashes I used to get with the vanilla version without your mod, just seems to be random at the moment not just when using presets the last one was just after sinking enemy carrier. I deleted the cfg files before when it happened just in case and it was ok for a bit then started aagin. When I first reloaded it and patched it it did say unable to write or create cfg file saving default or something???? how do I post a copy of file on here? can't see anything for attachments

I have sent you a message with my email address you can send it to, but if it is the same crash you get without the mod then it might be unrelated. The saving defaults message is normal the first time you run with the mod as the file doesn't exist yet, but you should not get it after the first run.