species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

just played a game and could not load any more the supply ship. The weight showed it nearly full even as it was empty. I had some equipment that was returned as the carrier was full. Could it be a bug in the load management?

Edit: I tested some more and it seams to happen when the supply ship gets stuck, the equipment gets transferred to the carrier but the weight is not removed from supply ship counter. I assume you fix does not cover the weight management.

Edited by quiet_man

just played a game and could not load any more the supply ship. The weight showed it nearly full even as it was empty. I had some equipment that was returned as the carrier was full. Could it be a bug in the load management?

Edit: I tested some more and it seams to happen when the supply ship gets stuck, the equipment gets transferred to the carrier but the weight is not removed from supply ship counter. I assume you fix does not cover the weight management.

Thanks for reporting this. I have made a change to the file to fix this. Anyone who downloaded v1.17 already should download again to avoid this problem.

Another great update for a mod that, in my opinion, is necessary to use when playing Carrier Command: Gaea Mission. Thanks for the playtest and feedback credit, Species. I'm glad to help with your great mod.

it works now.

Another request: Is it possible to make the manta shield go into the armour slot? It should reduce speed like medium armor.

it works now.

Another request: Is it possible to make the manta shield go into the armour slot? It should reduce speed like medium armor.

Thanks for verifying the fix is working.

There are some things that are hardwired to only work in a given slot, and shield is one of them. I wouldn't want to do that anyway, as I don't want to interfere too much with core game mechanics. I only did it for the walrus to make the shield more useful and there was already a wasted slot anyway.

indeed, I tried a little on my own and moving equipment around at manta does not work. It seams the function is hard coded and does not support adding elements same time which original go into the same slot. So adding ammo box on slot 2 and then shield will give you ammo box function only, the shield does not work. Adding shield first will give shield but then adding the ammo box will do nothing. Very sad.

Edit: Forget my useless comments, I had not changed the mountpoints :o

Edited by quiet_man

I tested a little and moving manta ammo box, bomb, torpedo and Tomahawk to slot 2 is working without issue. Should you consider it. It appears to me more sensible.

when looking for items, I found the arrays dircbpa, dircbpb and diitems. I do not know what this arrays are for but they seam to have inconsistencies:

wCarrierLeftLaser and , wCarrierFrontMissile are double in diitems and not at all in dircbpb.

capsuleHack, armorMantaMedium, wMantaGatlings. bodyWalrus, wMantaLaserGreen, upgradeWalrusShield are only in dircbpa or dircbpb, not in both (which looks inconsistent to comparable equipment)

I assume it is intended that some items are listed only in diitems(?): wViewDrone, wWalrusGrenade, capsuleDefense, capsuleResource, upgradeComputer, wMantaMachineGuns, upgradeComputerManta, wCarrierFrontPlasma, wCarrierFrontShell, wCarrierFrontMissile, wCarrierLeftGatling, wCarrierLeftFlak, wCarrierRightGatling, wCarrierRightFlak, wCarrierRearLeftGatling, wCarrierRearLeftFlak, wCarrierRearRightGatling, wCarrierRearRightFlak

Edited by quiet_man

Yes, those arrays are fine. The two duplicates in diitems are the items I was initially using to test and must not have removed them when I added the last line with all the new items. They don't affect the operation of the mod, but I will remove them in the next update.

Edited by Species1571

Hey Species1571, just installed the 1.17 version of your mod and i am amazed. Wonderful additions to the game. The Green Laser on Carrier and on Mantas are great!

"I am invincible in my manta" i thought then i saw the enemy has those too. Awesome!

Not wasting any fuel by putting it back on the barque is great to, and all the other stuff you put in it.

Excellent work. greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

I don't have the mod yet but I gave the vanilla skirmish mode a try and It's a shame we can't increase number of islands, I wanted to ask if it's possible you could increase the number of islands for skirmish mode for longer games if its possible or do BIS need to patch more islands in :)?

Hey Species1571, just installed the 1.17 version of your mod and i am amazed. Wonderful additions to the game.
Thanks, much appreciated.
I don't have the mod yet but I gave the vanilla skirmish mode a try and It's a shame we can't increase number of islands, I wanted to ask if it's possible you could increase the number of islands for skirmish mode for longer games if its possible or do BIS need to patch more islands in :)?
They would need to design more islands and adjust the game for the larger number of them. If it's just a longer game you want, you could use the "role reversal" option before capturing the last island. The game could go on indefinitely by using that.

Updated to v1.18:

---Walruses can now refuel automatically when in proximity to a refuelling station. The station needs to have this activated first by pointing to it on the map in the same way as piers for carrier refuelling. Fuel management system must be enabled and the walrus must be stationary. Refuelling will be slower than if the pump was manually activated, but all nearby walruses can refuel at the same time. This will mostly be useful when using walruses to refuel and repair mantas while on an island, as there is no need to manually refuel the walruses every time.

---When using the V key to clear unit waypoints, if multiple units are selected, they will now all have their waypoints cleared instead of just the current unit.

---When manually controlling the scout drone within the docking area of the carrier, you can now press G to instantly dock the drone (feature requested by Rob04).

---Mantas fitted with the new laser mkII were not firing at enemies while under AI control. This has now been fixed (thanks to solrac42 for reporting this).

Download page HERE

Edited by Species1571
  • Like 1

This is a fantastic and essential mod that makes Carrier Command: Gaea Mission so much better. Thanks, Species!!

For those who already downloaded v1.18, please download it again, I had to apply a quick fix.

Species1571, i like the DI mod a lot, but i am afraid i think i have to report a bug for v1.18, downloaded about 3 hours ago.

It crashes CC reliably when arriving at a certain island which just became stockpile. As soon as the cc drops out of timewarp it goes poof.

The exact error message is

---------------------------

Crash info

---------------------------

Unhandled exception

Program: ...ommon\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 77cc43e0 at 4

Script callstack:

Class: 'MyGame'

Function: 'OnUpdate'

Stack trace:

scripts/CCGame.c:10655

[RtlImageNtHeader]: ??? addr:0x77cc43e0

[RtlImageNtHeader]: ??? addr:0x77cc43e0

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

And it points to your script i believe, which ready on line 10655

if ( distockpile < 34 && g_Game.GetCurrentIsland().GetName() == GetIsland(distockpile).GetName() )

Which refers to the current island (the one i just arrived) and the stockpile island, so it actually might have trouble with that situation.

it is not the first island where i stockpile-hopped to. I was setting an island to stockpile, then starting my trip to it using timewarp. Both stockpile and carrier arrive at around the same time, then i repeat the process, so that i transfer both the stockpile and the carrier across the map.

At the 4th or 5th island it crashes.

I will try to uninstall the v1.18 and use v1.17 but its late now, i will try that on another day.

- faber42

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Thanks, much appreciated.

They would need to design more islands and adjust the game for the larger number of them. If it's just a longer game you want, you could use the "role reversal" option before capturing the last island. The game could go on indefinitely by using that.

is it possible for 'role reversal' to undo the discovery of stationary island installations, so that i have to scout first to find all the turrets etc?

- Faber42

Edited by faber42
typo

Species1571, i like the DI mod a lot, but i am afraid i think i have to report a bug for v1.18

Thanks for reporting. I have added a change to 1.18 which hopefully fixes this, if you can download again and confirm for me that the problem is gone.

is it possible for 'role reversal' to undo the discovery of stationary island installations, so that i have to scout first to find all the turrets etc?

Unfortunately I don't know a way of doing this, as it uses the same behaviour as the game when the enemy captures one of your islands.

Thanks for reporting. I have added a change to 1.18 which hopefully fixes this, if you can download again and confirm for me that the problem is gone.

Hmm, thats a negative. I just downloaded it again, from http://www.carriercommandaholic.com/index.php?e=page&c=files_mods&id=93&a=dl, replaced it in the game folder, and used the saved game from yesterday. When i arrive at the island and it is the stockpile island i get the exact same crash at the exact same line as yesterday. the error box is identical. If I arrive at the island without making it to the stockpile the arrival succeeds, no crash then. which is the workaround i will be using for now.

(Edit: i won't be using the workaround, i just found it its not working: if i sail to the non-stockpile island, arrive is ok, however if I then set it to stockpile, use "k" to timewarp a little to shorten the wait, it crashes as soon as I un-timewarp once the island is stockpile, and again, same error.)

(Edit2: Using DI v1.17 instead works fine. No crash at all).

- Faber42

Edited by faber42
format

Please download v1.18 from http://www.species1571.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/carriercommand.htm

Carriercommandaholic is a mirror site and not run by me, so it doesn't have this latest change until it is updated. If you can confirm that this change resolves the issue, I will ask Foxhound to update the mirror.

Thanks again.

Edit2 I have replaced the file on the above link, should be good to go

Edited by Species1571

Please download v1.18 from http://www.species1571.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/carriercommand.htm

Carriercommandaholic is a mirror site and not run by me, so it doesn't have this latest change until it is updated. If you can confirm that this change resolves the issue, I will ask Foxhound to update the mirror.

Thanks again.

Edit2 I have replaced the file on the above link, should be good to go

Ok, i redownloaded the fix from your website, installed it, it crashed, then i saw your Edit1 and Edit2, then i redownloaded it again, checked it and yes i can report, now the crash is gone. I am able to arrive savely at my stockpile island.

THank you :)

- Faber42

Edited by faber42
typo

i can report, now the crash is gone. I am able to arrive savely at my stockpile island.

Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.

HI, in current game i have trouble to refuel the carrier at any island. I activate the pier using the mouse, which is confirmed via message on screen, and navigate with the carrier close to it, but the "carrier refueling. xx minutes remaining" never appeared, at no island was refueling my carrier. i am on v1.18, third version from Dec 6 2012, see my last posting above. Any ideas?

- Faber42

Do you have the Fuel Management System option enabled? Pier refuelling is part of that option.

Yes, i have, and it used to work before. and it acknowledges after i point to it using the mouse, that the pier is now active to be used to fuel the carrier, however, it acts as if i never navigate close enough to the dock.

- faber42

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Well, its not as bad, i now found an island where the refuelling works, Najades. The Island where i didn't get it to work was lingard. I don't know if its island specific.

- Faber42