Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Best screen capture program for making Tutorials

Hi everybody

can someone recommend me a good free screen capture program for making tutorials. I tried a free version of camstudio but I can't save the file. It always gives me an error and I'm unable to save.

I'm using Fraps for videos but as far as I know it works only in game you can't capture your desktop for eg

Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance. :bounce3:

If you check "Monitor Aero desktop (DWM)" on the general tab, you are then able to record your desktop with FRAPS. As an alternative you may wish to try out the XSplit Broadcaster (primarily a live streaming tool) to setup a local recording of your desktop. Note that both the free and paid versions have the same desktop recording functionality.

If you check "Monitor Aero desktop (DWM)" on the general tab, you are then able to record your desktop with FRAPS. As an alternative you may wish to try out the XSplit Broadcaster (primarily a live streaming tool) to setup a local recording of your desktop. Note that both the free and paid versions have the same desktop recording functionality.

Hi Missile Moose

I checked my general tab but there's no "Monitor Aero desktop (DWM)" on my general tab to be found. I've a registered version 3.5.9 . I checked the fraps site and downloaded the latest version from the member area. But I'm damned if I get all the options they are showing on their website on my general tab. There should be 5 or 6 of them at least. I got only 3. That sucks. I guess I gonna contact fraps directly. Thanks for your reply and the head up.

"Mirillis Action!" is good

it car record and fullscreen games and window part of screen

"Mirillis Action!" is good

it car record and fullscreen games and window part of screen

thanks for the advice. I contacted yesterday Fraps support see what they tell me.