Sign in to follow this  
granQ

An interview with ArmA3 devs with question from the editing community

All press material (well almost all) speak about the game, which fraction, lightning, features as such.

I really wish we could have some sort of "addon developers get to ask 10 questions", (something we should agree on before hand)..

like mine would be:

Is 50 meter still the limit in the geo lod?

Will plane support a proper turret class for uav/second pilot?

Any changes for creating trailers?

For me, i care little how big the map is, how many playable units there is (of course I care.. ) but you always see the same things in all interviews and stuff, many times also devs answering the very basic questions for people that never heard of the game, wouldn't it be fair if we that been around for 10+ years also had the chance to hear the answers to the things we wonder about?

Will the strokegun simulation make a comeback to ease modders' work ?

Oh god this please!

Will magazines be allowed to be proxies instead (This would make it so that we could physically have different magazines in each weapon, rather than making a new model each time.

Great idea though I was under the impression the geo lod issue was closer to 60m and the aircraft turret class had been fixed. According to the info I received here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139383-Side-weapons-on-fixed-wing-aircraft&p=2215717#post2215717. Sorry to nit-pick.

On a more constructive note, how about modular UI interface for modders to vary the look and feel of control schemes.

How about more support for bigger vehicles, better walkable interiors and maybe even being able to have entity attached to object when on the move (Ala Carrier moving on water and not having to use attachTo to hold all the vehicles/players etc.), would make alot of people's work much easier and open new ideas for the community since, in my honest opinion, we lack in water vehicles when compared to all others :D

Will magazines be allowed to be proxies instead (This would make it so that we could physically have different magazines in each weapon, rather than making a new model each time.
Here's Vespa on the subject of weapon attachments, I believe re: user-made weapons and vanilla attachments:
You take your bare weapon model, fit it with appropriate proxies in O2, define which accessories are allowed for it in config, and you're good to go.
But as far as magazines:
That reminds me > Hopefully the magazine in the model will change if you use other type of magazine - like a Cmag on G36 etc https://dev-heaven.net/issues/11383
Nope, the mags look the same, at least for now. Classic case of development cost / benefits ratio - more important things to focus on.

Im not disagreeing with how the forum is moderated Im just surprised that this one is not locked I thought we had a wish list topic open for these kind of stuff

Im not disagreeing with how the forum is moderated Im just surprised that this one is not locked I thought we had a wish list topic open for these kind of stuff

lol....please don't close this thread, it may be the only open thread on this entire forum......maybe it just feels like that ;)

Well this is a "questions to developers" thread. Not a whishlist thread.

So don't be surprised if all of the sudden your posts disappear when they are not related. ;)

will there be a way that animation of a model (.p3d) be transfered to the second model when the first is used as a proxy?

If we have new features or powers we are given in the new tools, is it possible for someone to write a heads up guide to make us aware of them? That way, we can start teaching each and informing each other without experimenting so much.

Will the strokegun simulation make a comeback to ease modders' work ?

What was strokegun or what did it do? It was before my time :p

What was strokegun or what did it do? It was before my time :p

It was basically a weapon that could do damage without using a projectile. It also had no slots, since it was using the weapon you had for melee.

Useful for creating addons and inheriting it, without needing to script it. Today, possible implementations of melee will need to have ammo.

Edited by PuFu

Aha! Yea I'd like to see that...wait wait...I'd like to ask if it's coming back ;) No wishing here Mrs Moderator :p

---------- Post added at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

Sorry to DP. But since hex editing has become bit taboo round here, and BIS models not being readily available to retexture anything without hidden selections. Will BIS give everything a hidden selection option in order to kill 2 birds with one stone?

Will weapon/ammo config change in anyway to enable more realistic weapon simulation without using any 3rd party scripts?

Will weapon/ammo config change in anyway to enable more realistic weapon simulation without using any 3rd party scripts?

I'd be interested in that as well. More specifically, will the Ammo continue to be the only determining factor in a weapon's damage and other characteristics? With the ability to customize a weapon on the fly, will the ability to attach a silencer still require special SD ammo? Will it be possible to have rifle specific parameters like barrel length influence muzzle velocity and hence impact?

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Sorry to DP. But since hex editing has become bit taboo round here, and BIS models not being readily available to retexture anything without hidden selections. Will BIS give everything a hidden selection option in order to kill 2 birds with one stone?

And will hidden selections work with Weapon models?

Will a true Multi-Muzzle or better still Multi-Gun system be provided for vehicle armament

For aircraft will the aerodynamics config definitions allow improved control of flight envelop (1 example drop all external bombs, top speed & maneuverability improves)

Can custom Animation Sources be written (eg vehicle aerial movement)

Can custom Animation Sources include a RANDOM factor

Can manual sliders for animations be defined like VBS