Sign in to follow this  
dinoboy123

Issue loading my map In-Game

I am able to view my map fine in bulldozer however, I run into one issue when viewing it in game. I receive an error message stating that

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s612/andrew_voorhees32/layer2_zps6c48d9e9.png (135 kB)

I assume this is a path error, but my file structure is exactly same as other maps in game like utes, hopefully I made a simple mistake though, the file structure is shown below

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s612/andrew_voorhees32/layer1_zpsd1afe12f.png (203 kB)

within the data file, there is a secondary layers folder containing all of the rvmats. I cant seem to figure out why it cant find/load the rvmat, or what file calls them for use (e.g. config file, defined within visitor 3)

Any help would be greatly appreciated since the game crashes immediately when i try to load my map!

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by dinoboy123

you´ve got a totally wrong filestructure.

The path structure should look like this.

- make sure that the tooldrive (P) is installed properly

- create a project folder, mine is called MEM

- within the Projectfolder create a folder that contains the island, that can be called as you wish. I suggest a mix out of the projkect description and an islandname (ie: DB_NameOfTheIsland)

- within this folder (and now it gets important) create 2 new folders 1.) Source and 2.) Data

- within Sourcefolder create the Terrain folder. That one will contain the later heighfield whether it is a 8bit png or an XYZ file.

Now, as you have the proper folderstructure, get your textures, create the rvmat files, make sure that all pathes are given correct and setup Visitor. Once you did that and everythings went fine, Visitor or better sauid bulldozer, will create the layer folder within the datafolder automatically.

For a good start I highly recommend the simple terrain tutorial by Atsche...check this link --> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85579-Simple-ArmA-2-Terrain-Tutorial

excellent advice! i did not realize it was important to let visitor 3 create the layers file for you in the data folder, i thought copying and pasting would suffice but apparently not. The grass texture still will not load from the tutorial while other materials do load, and I double checked the path. Is that typical?

Thanks a ton !

Andrew

It´s difficult to say what you did wrong. For my experiences I know that everythings is up to the user in this matter. So to see what you did wrong I´d say that you pack the stuff into a zip file, load it up in here and let me see what you´ve got there...everythings else is pure terror :D.

cya

Memphis

thanks again for the help! i'll keep messing around and hopefully figure it out, if not i'll upload it.