Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 101144 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

[101141] Fixed: Scripting functions aimPos, eyePos, eyeDirection fixed for a crew (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38606#change-152548)

[101032] New: Scripting function hasInterface to allow detecting a headless client or a dedicated server.

[100540] Fixed: Users connecting with blocked CD keys were sometimes shown "You are banned" message instead of "Bad CD Key".

+ SSL fix http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143091-Secure-ID-progress&p=2273013&viewfull=1#post2273013

+ multiple crash cases resolved (thanks to all who reported)

[100296] Fixed: MP: Player head movement using numpad keys was not visible to other players.

[100257] Fixed: ballisticsComputer uses wrong velocity (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/6823)

+ some beta regressions fixed, shall hotfix some of the often crashes of client/server seen in past weeks

+ possible slight performance increase when using BE filters

* note: not yet the build with some more crash fixes I mentioned last week

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my BIForum nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: also deployed on STEAM! (inside "test" branch, default beta is 100296)

+++

Data fixes and improvements by the Community Config Project (CCP)

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141732-ARMA-2-Community-Configuration-Project-(A2CCP)

Game crashes on starting any mission (SP or MP). Tried with and with any mods running - always the same - dead version I'm afraid. Error about reference memory I think.

Game crashes on starting any mission (SP or MP). Tried with and with any mods running - always the same - dead version I'm afraid. Error about reference memory I think.

Hmm, no crashes for me, but aimPos shows no changes from before. still reports position of player, not what he's aiming at.

CTD to desktop just switching to graphic options menu or mission selection menu - no error message, no crashdump just this in arma2oa.RPT:

Version 1.62.101144 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl

unable to repro, also w/o dumps can't cover the crashes ...

Same for me, crash dump sent and reverting to 100544.

/KC

Same for me, crash dump sent and reverting to 100544.

/KC

same, dayz was running fine but when I started regular OA afterwards it crashed (dumps sent).

I'm also getting crashes about two seconds after the main menu background mission starts (using -world=Utes). If I start with -world=None, it doesn't crash until I load another mission.

Edit: dump files found and sent

Edited by ceeeb

Deleted and reinstalled this betabuild but getting CTD as soon as I'm in the mission menu or trying to create a new profile.... no crashdump just back to desktop. :(

crash to desktop here as well along with another friend that tried playing yesterday. crashed when changing menu's, screens, script execute when game did start. no longer then 2 minutes at any time before crashing to desktop. no crash dumps or rtp error. both of us reverted back to prev beta 100697 and all is fine again..

I tried again with this beta. I was worried that as everyone except me was getting crashes, I wanted to reassure myself I was actually running the right beta when I did my tests, particularly as the quoted fix (aimPos) wasn't fixed when I tried it.

And I'm still not getting any crashes with this beta. Nor is aimPos working. :)

Strange thing that it crashs just beeing in the menu - even with deleted/new arma2oa.cfg. No problems with older betabuilds or stable patch. BIS what have you done/changed/fixed/tweaked? :confused:

Strange thing that it crashs just beeing in the menu - even with deleted/new arma2oa.cfg. No problems with older betabuilds or stable patch. BIS what have you done/changed/fixed/tweaked? :confused:

stranger even that dayz is running just fine :rolleyes:

stranger even that dayz is running just fine :rolleyes:

AFAIK DayZ "removes" or disables a whole bunch of stuff from the base game, so that may be the reason.

Crash identified, repro with -world=Utes helped a lot. The eyeDir fix is causing this, as the function is unexpectedly used from other threads as well. I will check what can be done.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

The thread safety issue should be fixed in 101245. I have to admit I am not absolutely comfortable about the fix, there are some things puzzling me in the code around it, as it seems to contain some parts not useful anymore. I will try to understand and clean it, I appreciate any testing regarding game stability you can do meanwhile. The code handles the skeletal animation of both people and vehicle, therefore what you could do is to test if any crashes happen when various types of vehicles are used in the missions.

The High-Command module dosent seem to work always. I have "Commander"-module connected to player with sync and "Subordinate"-module connected to "Commander"-module with sync. Then I have this script running to add groups for player to command via High-Command (CantCommand have some groups listed, not to be added):

while {true} do {
sleep 5;

{if (!(_x in CantCommand) && typeof leader _x iskindof "SoldierWB" && count units _x > 1 && !(_x in (hcAllGroups player))) then {player hcsetgroup [_x,""];};} foreach (AllGroups-[group player]);
{if (_x in CantCommand) then {player hcRemoveGroup _x;};} foreach (hcAllGroups player);
};

About once in four times, I cant access or there isnt high-command selection (ctrl+space), until the savegame is loaded (game is maybe also restarted).

Also, one small issue in missions that spawn units/vehicles/objects is that the first time when the "never before spawned" classes is created. There is more loading stuttering. Would be great to have some kind of "preload classes"-command to avoid that (let me know if there is already one). I have been placing different class units/vehicles on map to be deleted on mission start, but thats quite clumsy way.

Else the game runs smooth. :ok:

I also noticed now that US officer (desert), have glowing face and hands when looking at some distance away (~200m-300m), object setting medium. Especially seen at night.

Edit: And noticed that the bugging high-command gets fixed when exiting to mission list and resuming the mission again.

Edited by SaOk