Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

Forze Armate di Capraia - Shaping Alternative History.

I'd like to see screens of your guys going up against my guys lol. FAC vs TAF

To truly accurately display the awesomeness a video has to be made, squad on squad with the FAC militia against a TAK2035 squad, with me obviously as the FAC militia officer at most suffered 2 casualties, but ai against ai, until we have the ability to have groups in editor so it can be ai vs ai the squad with the human player will have the definite advantage lol.

However, I would like to see an MP game set up, FAC Defenders against Taki2035 invaders, I will tell you this though prior to this update or the update before last there was a significant advantage with that t-90 and that simply the FAC have a laughable airforce with no AA ability in a large scale battle of 5-8 t-90 supported by bmp3's brdm's and btr's with the addition of a helicopter attack squadron of three mi-24's and 4 groups of infantry.

The battle was relatively one sided against three tank platoons of m60's and t-55 tanks with the addition of additional squad of 151 jeeps armed with tows and apc's armed with .50 and mk.19's, then additional infantry support in the amount of 4 squads of FAC regulars and a armada of 9 pilatus pc-9's "which lasted 3 mins tops".

I called in emergency UNO and CDF support as QRF for the FAC, but with this update it'll be very different ;).

This is going way offtopic , but theoretically the only advantage taki2035 has is it's air power and I have downloaded the newest version to check out the naval forces, but I just hope their not equipped with ICBM's lol.

Great work though Sakai, the FAC are insuring Capraia's Sovereignty against tyranny,lol.

*edit*

Just tested the Pluto, dear god it's a tank killing machine but you better hope to god you get the first shot off, in a 2 platoons of pluto's and two platoons of t90's a platoon of t-34's a platoon of t-72's and a platoon of t-55's, the pluto's were annihilated but not before taking out more than half of the enemy's armor. Also note this was a pure face to face engagement on the runway at bukovina so no cover all flat land and that AT gun does work my friend, it works all day long there are no breaks on that rape train.

Edited by yevgeni89

Good to you know you like it :)

You do not really need a great technology to win a battle/war... All you need is a great General :D

Just a little side note: Im working on making a MSO Capraia MP Mission.

What have you decided for the anti-aircraft?

nice for BMP3 and D-30 :D

Nothing yet, I wanted to use PRACS AA gun but permission was denied.

Nothing yet, I wanted to use PRACS AA gun but permission was denied.

you may use a ural zsu-23, I thought it would artillery fire and you could use a BM-21 GRAD

you may use a ural zsu-23, I thought it would artillery fire and you could use a BM-21 GRAD

BM-21 is too much, simple D30 will fit.

But yes I will be thinking of placing ZSU-23.

Edited by Sakai

BM-21 is too much, simple D30 will fit.

But yes I will be thinking of placing ZSU-23.

If you need ideas for Anti Air, take a look at this pack by hcpookie: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14943 MLODS are available to download too. Especially if your already going to have BRDMs avaliable it would be a worthy addition, this unit particular maybe useful:

BRDM2-ASRAD: Air Defense model using the ASRAD short-range air defense system. Stinger missiles are default armament on the CDF version. The ASRAD targeting system is less susceptible to countermeasures and provides very short acquisition and engagement times.

If you need ideas for Anti Air, take a look at this pack by hcpookie: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14943 MLODS are available to download too. Especially if your already going to have BRDMs avaliable it would be a worthy addition, this unit particular maybe useful:

BRDM2-ASRAD: Air Defense model using the ASRAD short-range air defense system. Stinger missiles are default armament on the CDF version. The ASRAD targeting system is less susceptible to countermeasures and provides very short acquisition and engagement times.

Thats a great idea, specially if they have free MLOD's but I can't model or change stuff, I would of make something into Capraian, I might actually use the BRDM2-MG-M240 and making some names for them so they are in "Capraian" way, thanks for the idea R0adki11

So what I thought of adding is:

BRDM2-HQ

BRDM2-MG-M240

BRDM2-ASRAD

BRDM2-TOW

I will try to come up with some nice names so they look like Capraian Modified BRDM2's

Edited by Sakai

BRDM's would be a nice addition and with the zu or ural zu AA, it wouldnt be implausible to have the stinger AA or the igla AA from the vanilla factions.

Totally random thought, but those brdm's with the deployable barriers gave me an idea, damn I wish I could skin,too many good thoughts, but anyhow if you were still set on a static AA system besides the ZU you could probably talk to super rat e heads the balkan wars mod, and he has a few static AA weapons nice older style like quad 5 cal old style zpu.

The zu's and stinger/igla AA though be way easier and fast since they require really no texturing.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?112936-Balkan-war-mod-w-i-p

Edited by yevgeni89

Here comes the BD-2 ASRAD! Modified BRDM2 to be used as AA vehicle using Stinger's :)

Screenies:

arma2oa_2013_01_28_19_27_08_717.png

arma2oa_2013_01_28_19_27_12_681.png

arma2oa_2013_01_28_19_27_18_131.png

arma2oa_2013_01_28_19_28_48_968.png

arma2oa_2013_01_28_19_29_19_975.png

arma2oa_2013_01_28_19_29_24_706.png

With this cutie you can take a K-52 with one shot ;) same goes to jets :D

Having a slight technical difficulty as the rest of the BD's ((BD-2's - Capraian modified BRDM is now showing up in the editor for some god damn forsaken reason, I will try to get it fixed ASAP and put some screenies of them))

Credits goes to hcpookie for his BRDM-2 units :)

Edited by Sakai

Capraia might not dominate the skies with its aircraft but itll sure as hell make it unsafe lol

I really like the idea of adding stuff like hcpookie's BRDM-2's are there any actually similar addons to those ones?

As well a little "questioner" I wish to ask:

• What is your favorite unit? (Vehicle & Infantry)
  • What do you wish to see in FAC?

Just those kinda two questions :)

Favorite vehicle has to be the BMP3, Infantry I have to say Militia I love a challenge nothing says that better than a lee enfield in a world of semi and fully automatic weapons.

As far as what I would like to see in FAC here are a few ideas, FAC style Counter terror/Riot unit, using the MVD, OD uniform, camouflage their helmet or a darker OD color give them the mp5's and browning hi powers and some kind of DMR like G3 SG1 and a breeching/demo unit with the spas 12, then you could color a brdm special vehicle for them.

Rextexture the FAC Marine helmets, kinda to add a bit more character to them, militia officer some kind of stg44 or mp40 or a sten smg as to set them more apart.

Also Vilas released several Mlods which might be worth your time checking out ;)

I will check them out :)

As well as for the BRDM-2 improved units, sadly I will be only adding the ASRAD, other ones seem to be bugged, TOW BRDM-2 gunner cannot steer the missile, M240 has a texture bug and gives error about it, I've send a PM to the creator but no PM back, if perhaps solution will be made to it, I will re-add them, however BD-C2A aka Command Vehicle will be with the ASRAD.

I will add screenies of BD-C2A soon

sorry to be retarded but heres the link lol i thought i included it above, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85067-VILAS-addons-release-thread&p=2269666&viewfull=1#post2269666

Also might be worth your time if your looking for a crew replacement that theyve got one there just needs a config, just check out the orphaned projects thread.

Also did vilas ever get back to you on using his soldier model?

Edited by yevgeni89

Im not good in creating new config.cpp for that kind of stuff xd its like rocket science for me.

And so here are the pictures of BD-2 C2A and BD-2 Ferrum a M240 BRDM (( Managed to fix it :) but sadly for some reason there is no dot in the scope, not like its a big problem still fires.)) Here are the pictures:

arma2oa_2013_01_29_00_38_15_028.png

arma2oa_2013_01_29_00_38_18_455.png

arma2oa_2013_01_29_00_38_50_488.png

arma2oa_2013_01_29_00_38_58_723.png

arma2oa_2013_01_29_00_39_49_660.png

arma2oa_2013_01_29_00_39_53_500.png

arma2oa_2013_01_29_00_40_18_526.png

Did you know: BD-2's are amphibious? :')

Still trying to understand why the TOW one does not allow you to steer the missile... but the AI can steer it.

And yap those BD-2's can deploy Camo Nest's sadly ASRAD can't.

About the soldier model permission you asked, nope I didnt even asked yet :'P

EDIT: M240 BD has been switched with .50 cal.

You might wonder why did I re-name them to BD-2's? well simply because I like making fictional names :')

BD-2 Ferrum - Now with .50 Cal

arma2oa_2013_01_29_01_45_51_853.png

arma2oa_2013_01_29_01_45_57_807.png

The TOW model will be taken off from the list as I am sure its unfixable.

Edited by Sakai

Thats a shame about the tow model, but its alright still have a few nice light armored vehicles and lol okay I was wondering and I was like yanno I dont think Vilas will deny permission he's given loads of people permission in the past, so you got a pretty good shot.

I think so far you've created some really impressive and capable land forces my friend, with a little luck and skill , no army's going to make it to the Capitol, what else do you have planned still?

I think so far you've created some really impressive and capable land forces my friend, with a little luck and skill , no army's going to make it to the Capitol, what else do you have planned still?

Not much, I am aware that actually Armored Section is complete, got tanks, tank destroyer, AT Gun, Light Armour, AA, cars, transport. Air section is filled nothing else for it unless I get reply for that puma one day.

All there is to finish is Infantry, Modernized Marines to finish, Paratrooper's and perhaps but not sure, Presidential Guards, elite of the elite's, better than BFS ;) I want to give them something like FN F2000, send icebreakr a permission PM but no reply yet :)

Infantry is all there is needed to complete and the mod will be done.

Robert Hammer has a tar21 or you could use some ump45's or galil :P as well to keep in mind if the fn2000 is unavailable and hmmm presidential guards I wonder what they would wear if vilas gives you permission theres a few beret units that would work nicely ;), or save them still for the paras and then use MVD models as presidential guards.

Could you substitute the puma for the merlin or the AH11 wildcat it can transport troops and has a cannon

Edited by yevgeni89

Now now you see the presidential guard's are not "uniformed" soldier's they are sort of "looking like PMC's"

Something like this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15465 which I will ask for permission right now, I want to give them the FN F2000 for real, they would look badass with it only if Icebreakr will allow me to use them.

If Im not sure they are vilas's models? - can anyone perhaps verify if they are?

I do like that, I do think those are vilas's models id ask both to make sure haha, I think the author only reskinned them .

What do you think about giving them the AH-11 from BAF? as an alternative gives you a lil heavier fire power but not much and the ability to transport troops is still there I think puma would be ideal or even a lynx.

Also...

30C909C40A34357F6A8D4B31C3806E18DA67287C

A896E29235444015861660275EF41883AB544546

Edited by yevgeni89

I actually did think about it and well no, I want the FAC to have a big minus in something, something they are bad at, which is sky, their air force is not really strong because everything to maintain from AMC costs alot.

As well for the paratrooper's did you mean those model's?

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1483/p85bw.jpg

Now now you see the presidential guard's are not "uniformed" soldier's they are sort of "looking like PMC's"

Something like this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15465 which I will ask for permission right now, I want to give them the FN F2000 for real, they would look badass with it only if Icebreakr will allow me to use them.

If Im not sure they are vilas's models? - can anyone perhaps verify if they are?

It's credited to vilas. So I'd ask vilas.