Sign in to follow this  
y0shi

My multiplayer mission is "jumping"

Hello everybody,

I'm currently working a multiplayer mission series with the custom map Panthera. For my first mission there I used Urban Patrol Script by Kronzky (www.kronzky.info), ACE, ACEX incl. all addons.

When I play the mission in singleplayer it all works fine. Stuff is blowing up, the insertion works just fine - everything is smooth.

But when I try to play it in multiplayer mode with friends the AI seems lagging like shit (move - stuck - 2 sec freeze - 2m advanced - move - stuck and so on). Same goes for my "human mates". They report me that I'm like a rubber ball jumping up and down increasing in height. That seems really really weird...

I can't figure it out. I already went from ACE Halo Insertion (which also worked just fine) to lame boat insertion. Nothing seems to fix it. So I uploaded my files here: http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/20555362/file.html

If anyone finds my mistake I owe him a liver or something like that :D

Thanks in advance & Cheers!

Are you sure it's not just ping / latency issues? This is my first guess from what you described here.

Nah, it's just with this mission and I tried in on a dedi server with 1 Gbit connection so that really cannot be it... Other missions run smoothly

Take out the ACE and ACEX sometimes mod can can make basic and simple scripts to mess up then see if the mission runs right. Then add one mod at a time to see what happens. Good luck and let us know what you find.

I mean... it's only me jumping around. Other squad members don't see each other jumping. From their perspective everything runs smooth. The squad leader (which I usually play) is the only one which is set as "Player" and not "Playable". Can this cause bugs?

You've made this post like 3 times already. Are you asking for trouble from the Mods, or what?

Anyways: Are there ton of units, AI, objects? If no one else is lagging, you may have a buggy addon. Run stock. No, player only is not gonna cause bugs. Verify Cache in steam as well.

You've made this post like 3 times already. Are you asking for trouble from the Mods, or what?

Anyways: Are there ton of units, AI, objects? If no one else is lagging, you may have a buggy addon. Run stock. No, player only is not gonna cause bugs. Verify Cache in steam as well.

Well... it was two times. I asked for deletion the first time cuz it was wrongly places - I'm sorry.

There are not many units. There's like 25 AIs placed by some UPS script, not many objects. Everyone is running the same addon stack as I do... I use ACE weapons in the mission etc. I will try running stock but then it might but because the weapons can't be loaded... It's basically so very simple. Dudes jumping out of a boat at the Panthera coast, some A10s doing some trouble to AA from there on pretty much COOP vs. AI... with the UPS script. And still I'm the only one lagging.

I will do as you said still - I will try running stock and veryfing steam cache and shit. Still funny that this doesn't happen on other maps I play though which use the same addons.

Well... it was two times. I asked for deletion the first time cuz it was wrongly places - I'm sorry.

There are not many units. There's like 25 AIs placed by some UPS script, not many objects. Everyone is running the same addon stack as I do... I use ACE weapons in the mission etc. I will try running stock but then it might but because the weapons can't be loaded... It's basically so very simple. Dudes jumping out of a boat at the Panthera coast, some A10s doing some trouble to AA from there on pretty much COOP vs. AI... with the UPS script. And still I'm the only one lagging.

I will do as you said still - I will try running stock and veryfing steam cache and shit. Still funny that this doesn't happen on other maps I play though which use the same addons.

Try reinstalling Panthera than. If its' only that map, something may be corrupt or something. Also, I think UPS is outdated by about 2-3 years now. UPSMON is newer and updated. But if its only that island, the script isn't the problem. Try merging your mission to another map & test, if its not jumpy, than you found your issue.

Sounds like a Dsync / ping problem. I guess apparently not if it's only the one mission. Reinstall the addons maybe, as suggested.

Jumping up and down (rather than warping forward/backward) sounds like an island version problem to me. Make sure you really do all run the exact same version of Pantehra. Also, try make a simple mission with basically nothing on it other than your and your friends' units - Walking around doing nothing special (no enemies, no boats, etc).